FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faunch

Quote from: ChicagoTommie on July 15, 2019, 04:50:08 PM
Awe Crap I forgot!

ST John's Cooler

I Know that ST. Thomas is givinging their cooler to ST. John's soon and ST. Thomas will soon be using a paper bag if they move up to Division 1 ;D

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

OldAuggie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on July 13, 2019, 06:05:40 PM
I think we all missed the opportunity to congratulate Pat & Crew on the 20th anniversary of D3football.com this past week.

Well done and thank you!  8-)
Congrats to Pat and Crew and thanks for the hard work to keep D3football.com up and running!
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

SUMMIT!!!!!

Quote from: ChicagoTommie on July 15, 2019, 05:17:16 PM
If UST goes to the WIAC conference...one of the non-conference games better be The Tommie Johnnie game...think how cool that would be? and the consequences! And what would the MIAC get in proceeds from the game???
They will get the same cut they currently get--- $0.00 or 0.0%
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

stanbob

Thank you Pat and staff, excellent job.  Somehow I managed to hook on to this very near the beginning.
Everyday is payday in paradise.

faunch

Apparently U$T must be moving their athletic operations to the Cooper, Longfellow and Seward neighborhoods of Minneapolis. Maybe they should add a geography program as well.   ;D
https://twitter.com/TommieAthletics/status/1151990666525728768

And yes I'm aware that U$T has a Minneapolis campus...just having a little Friday fun at the expense of the U$T Involuntarie$

Mr.MIAC

Quote from: faunch on July 19, 2019, 10:54:25 AM
Apparently U$T must be moving their athletic operations to the Cooper, Longfellow and Seward neighborhoods of Minneapolis. Maybe they should add a geography program as well.   ;D

And yes I'm aware that U$T has a Minneapolis campus...just having a little Friday fun at the expense of the U$T Involuntarie$

That's a great shot! You must be proud. We can almost see your van parked down by the river...

OzJohnnie

Quote from: faunch on July 19, 2019, 10:54:25 AM

That's a great photo. Minnesota sure offers some beautiful views.
[  

art76

So where were you 50 years ago? I remember watching the TV in my 5th grade classroom as they were headed to the moon, and then watching Neil Armstrong step on the moon at home, staying up past "bedtime" and having to go to bed right after he was out. Saw many reruns in the days that followed.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

57Johnnie

Quote from: art76 on July 20, 2019, 02:56:01 PM
So where were you 50 years ago? I remember watching the TV in my 5th grade classroom as they were headed to the moon, and then watching Neil Armstrong step on the moon at home, staying up past "bedtime" and having to go to bed right after he was out. Saw many reruns in the days that followed.
I was living in Colorado but on vacation visiting my sister in Green Bay. I remember distinctly watching with her family. I must admit that 11/22/63 and 9/11/01 are clearer  as if they were yesterday.
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

kubiack78

Ok,  I haven't visited the boards in months.  So by just skimming some of the past pages and am I correct in saying that St. Thomas is no longer in the MIAC and is possibly joining the WIAC? :o :o :o :o :o :o

faunch

Quote from: kubiack78 on July 21, 2019, 09:53:30 AM
Ok,  I haven't visited the boards in months.  So by just skimming some of the past pages and am I correct in saying that St. Thomas is no longer in the MIAC and is possibly joining the WIAC? :o :o :o :o :o :o

Yes, maybe, sure, no idea...ask Charley Walters:

https://www.twincities.com/2019/07/20/charley-walters-twins-weigh-options-as-trade-deadline-nears/
Now there's talk that if St. Thomas, ousted by the Division III Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, were to move up one class, it could play home football games at Allianz Field in St. Paul. The Tommies will host rival St. John's in an anticipated sellout Oct. 19 at the 19,400-seat Allianz, home of the Minnesota United soccer team.

Meanwhile, the Division III Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference still seems most probable for St. Thomas. Some insiders, though, feel Division I could still be in the future. St. Thomas, after recently hiring two assistant athletics directors, has stepped up its national fund-raising, visiting alumni across the country.

sjusection105

Quote from: faunch on July 21, 2019, 08:29:17 PM

https://www.twincities.com/2019/07/20/charley-walters-twins-weigh-options-as-trade-deadline-nears/
Now there's talk that if St. Thomas, ousted by the Division III Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, were to move up one class, it could play home football games at Allianz Field in St. Paul. The Tommies will host rival St. John's in an anticipated sellout Oct. 19 at the 19,400-seat Allianz, home of the Minnesota United soccer team.

Meanwhile, the Division III Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference still seems most probable for St. Thomas. Some insiders, though, feel Division I could still be in the future. St. Thomas, after recently hiring two assistant athletics directors, has stepped up its national fund-raising, visiting alumni across the country.
But why go to the expense of leasing Allianz Field for 750 people to watch UST play Bemidji State? **Oh yea, Tommies are bad at math   ;D
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

Mr.MIAC

Quote from: sjusection105 on July 21, 2019, 09:21:58 PM

But why go to the expense of leasing Allianz Field for 750 people to watch UST play Bemidji State? **Oh yea, Tommies are bad at math   ;D

Well, except for the fact that UST has the best STEM programs in the MIAC. If UST goes D1, what happens to SJ2? They recruit some of the same students (though those who matriculate at SJ2 tend to be a bit less academically proficient). If UST is doing stronger academics and big time athletics, how will SJ2 compete?

Pat Coleman

Or Charley Walters is just full of it on this point?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

miac952

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 21, 2019, 10:10:11 PM

Or Charley Walters is just full of it on this point?

I'm confused why Charley is still seen as a legitimate source on this, seeing as he's changed his story 5 different times on this subject in the last month.

Lets not forget six months ago he was suggesting likely HOF baseball retiree Joe Mauer as a viable QB possibility for SJU this fall. Never mind Jackson Erdmann, never mind he retired with multitude of injuries, never mind he hasn't played competitive football in 20 years, and never mind the 3 kids and $150 million in his bank account. There is so much absurdity in printing that. Me thinks Shooter has someone he sees as a MIAC source who sees how outlandish he can go and still get Shooter to print it.