MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denny McKinney

Fontbonne's Greenlee looked very good Saturday. The time off sure had him moving well and played a great game at both ends. While on the floor he did a good job handling Trisko straight up. For a senior you always hope they can go out playing their best. FU looks a lot different with a healthy Greenlee on the floor.

hopefan

Quote from: Denny McKinney on December 14, 2015, 08:37:55 PM
Fontbonne's Greenlee looked very good Saturday. The time off sure had him moving well and played a great game at both ends. While on the floor he did a good job handling Trisko straight up. For a senior you always hope they can go out playing their best. FU looks a lot different with a healthy Greenlee on the floor.

I obviously didn't see the game, but yes, great news for the Griffs.... a one two punch of Greenlee and Kissing takes some of the scoring pressure off the guards, and helps to even up the rebounding disadvantage Fontbonne might have faced... also allows Coach Thornhill to use the big guys more strategically... by the way, where was Smith on Saturday? Not in the lineup after a very weak showing vs IWC?  Injury? Coach's decision? 
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

haterinthehouse

BC loses another AD. 6 straight years with someone new in that position. What a joke. BC has no clue what college athletics is and should consider dropping athletics all together. Facilities are terrible, revolving door of coaches and ADs, don't compete. Just a miserable disaster

Denny McKinney

Hopefan, I can't answer the question on Smith. I don't know if he was on the bench, or not.

hopefan

Quote from: haterinthehouse on December 15, 2015, 12:13:51 AM
BC loses another AD. 6 straight years with someone new in that position. What a joke. BC has no clue what college athletics is and should consider dropping athletics all together. Facilities are terrible, revolving door of coaches and ADs, don't compete. Just a miserable disaster

I have a distaste for the negativity the honorable hater presents regarding Blackburn, but wow, what is going on?  Any mention of the AD has been erased from the BC site, and there is no mention in the news section of his leaving.  By digging just a little, one can find his name was Vern Mummert, and he had quite a distinguished coaching and administrative career prior to coming to BC in July of this year... he had been at  Drew, Wabash, a JC in Arizona, and Staten Island, serving athletic departments since 1977, nearly 40 years... in the  Hall of Fame at 2 schools!!
Having been at BC for only 5 months, one would assume he quickly punted on a position he found untenable at BC, or he really screwed up.   I'll add, hopefully not a medical issue....

Denny McKinney

You know guys, BC's financial situation for quite awhile. I see several factors in the AD position. Most importantly the inability to offer a competitive salary. And, the job security situation.

This may be an excellent situation for a young, first time administrator. A place to get your feet wet and have the energy to put in the time to make a change.

Lastly, I'm with Hopefan on this one. The negativity and the let's just shut her down comments serve no purpose in looking for a solution. IMO

Gregory Sager

I agree with both of you. It's a shame to see Blackburn's struggles reflected in the revolving door of the AD's office. Six ADs in six years is just plain crazy. But it's even worse to see a fan give up and wish for the school to throw in the towel on intercollegiate sports. That sends a pretty dark message about just how bad it is at Blackburn.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

formersliaccommish

I knew Vern Mummert pretty well when he was the AD at Wabash; he was on the Central Region Tennis Committee of which I was the chair. In those days, he was a really good guy and very good administrator. It's hard to believe that he changed in the interim.

I go back to my last post; Blackburn had a fine athletic program when Joe Ramsay was the AD/HBC but he got into it with the Provost and was fired. Too bad because they would not be having these problems if he were still there. 

WUPHF

MACMURRAY and Augustana are tied at the half, 38-38.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: WUH on December 15, 2015, 08:48:29 PM

After three straight wins over ranked teams, the Augie kids probably responded like kids to a game that on paper they should win in their sleep.  I suspect that Grey Giovanine peeled the paint off the locker-room walls at halftime. :o  Augie has started the second half with a 10-0 run.

hopefan

and just as crazy, Spalding up 16 vs Centre, partway thru 2nd half!!

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on December 15, 2015, 09:10:52 PM

After three straight wins over ranked teams, the Augie kids probably responded like kids to a game that on paper they should win in their sleep.  I suspect that Grey Giovanine peeled the paint off the locker-room walls at halftime. :o  Augie has started the second half with a 10-0 run.

I'd REALLY like to hear that halftime (though I don't think I'd want to be an Augie player during it!) - after a tied halftime, the Vikings are now up by 20.

WUPHF

iwumichigander

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on December 15, 2015, 09:24:56 PM

I'd REALLY like to hear that halftime (though I don't think I'd want to be an Augie player during it!) - after a tied halftime, the Vikings are now up by 20.
You know the coat came off early in this game😛

Gregory Sager

Grey Giovanine wasn't there, Chuck. He was a no-show tonight due to a bad back, according to Chris and Dan. Assistant coach Tom Jessee ran the Augie team tonight.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell