FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamski

Quote from: dlip on November 21, 2017, 10:45:27 AM
Man that was some seriously crazy **** that went on in Delaware. Honestly dlip is just so pumped the Bombers took the game over and came out with the win. dlip would have ****ing loved to have been there. He would have dressed up as a ****ing Bomber (whatever that looks like) with a dead bloody seagull on a noose and started running around the stands going ape ****...actually he would never do that but it would be funny...by the way happy Thanksgiving to both Seagull and Bombers fans.

eh....I think dlip would have been clotheslined by one or more pissed Salisbury fans.  Remember, the Ithaca and Salisbury fans were all sitting amongst each other, thus the nastiness that was......  You would not have fared well my friend.  ;)

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Teamski on November 21, 2017, 03:47:23 PM
Man that was some seriously crazy **** that went on in Delaware. Honestly dlip is just so pumped the Bombers took the game over and came out with the win. dlip would have ****ing loved to have been there. He would have dressed up as a ****ing Bomber (whatever that looks like) with a dead bloody seagull on a noose and started running around the stands going ape ****...actually he would never do that but it would be funny...by the way happy Thanksgiving to both Seagull and Bombers fans.

eh....I think dlip would have been clotheslined by one or more pissed Salisbury fans.  Remember, the Ithaca and Salisbury fans were all sitting amongst each other, thus the nastiness that was......  You would not have fared well my friend.  ;)

-Ski

We do have a famous alum that is currently in the WWE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Amore

I guess Pat should give him a ring for a DIII article.

Bartman

-Ski

Dlip has a vivid imagination ....the dead bloody seagull routine may be a bit overboard....but effective for the WWE ,I would think :D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

dlippiel

Quote from: Bartman on November 21, 2017, 04:11:02 PM

-Ski

Dlip has a vivid imagination ....the dead bloody seagull routine may be a bit overboard....but effective for the WWE ,I would think :D

Oh no question dlip's ass would get kicked. He'd be the bloody one on the end of the arrow for sure!

Bartman

Congratulations to the NYS D3 Football players who were selected for the CoSIDA All District All Academic team. Hobart and RPI have the most, 6 each.
To earn a spot on the Academic All-District team, a student-athlete must maintain a minimum 3.3 cumulative grade point average, be a starter or significant reserve and be at least a sophomore academically.

QB Shane Sweeney,          Hobart                   Sr. 3.47
RB Tristan Brown              Ithaca                    Sr. 3.50
WR Brad Garcia                Brockport               Sr. 3.34
WR John Ramsdell            RPI                        Sr. 3.74
TE Jacob Shinnick             Maritime                Sr. 3.54
OL Khari Demos               SJF                        Sr. 3.52
OL Jakob Grant                RPI                        So. 3.56
OL Alex Helm                  Hobart                    Sr. 3.60
OL Jon Kreisky                 Hartwick                Sr. 3.55
OL Stephen VanHoesen    Hobart                   Sr. 3.46
K Christian Kapp              RPI                        Sr. 3.45
DL Brandon Ball               Hobart                   Sr. 3.63
DL Diego Cuitino              RPI                        Sr. 3.33
DL John Hadac                 Ithaca                   So. 3.47
DL Alex West                   Brockport              So. 3.36
LB David Carroll               SJF                       Sr.  3.56
LB Oliver Kaija                 RPI                       Sr. 3.48
LB A.J. LiCata                  Alfred                    Sr. 3.62
DB Kai Brandford             Hobart                   Jr.  3.56
DB Rory McCarthy            RPI                       Sr. 3.74
DB Jake O'Connell            Brockport              Sr. 3.36
DB Jordan Schemm          Ithaca                   Sr. 3.60
P Rio Schmidt                  Hobart                   Sr. 3.52
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Oline89

Quote from: Bartman on November 21, 2017, 04:52:01 PM
Congratulations to the NYS D3 Football players who were selected for the CoSIDA All District All Academic team. Hobart and RPI have the most, 6 each.
To earn a spot on the Academic All-District team, a student-athlete must maintain a minimum 3.3 cumulative grade point average, be a starter or significant reserve and be at least a sophomore academically.

This is really the most impressive list that the Liberty League produces.  Student Athlete is the rarest of breeds!

UfanBill

Quote from: Oline79 on November 22, 2017, 08:59:27 AM
Quote from: Bartman on November 21, 2017, 04:52:01 PM

This is really the most impressive list that the Liberty League produces.  Student Athlete is the rarest of breeds!

A HUGE congratulations to all these student athletes. They have my admiration. I'm not sure why Union is not represented on this list. Surely they had players that qualified(?) My speculation is that somehow the ball was dropped in submitting eligible candidates. maybe because Union is on a tri-mester grading system or the shakeup in the SID.
To see the complete list of CoSIDA Football Academic All Americans go to http://cosida.com/documents/2017/11/16//Acad_Football_2017.pdf?id=2495 ...Some familiar names there.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

dlippiel

Happy Thanksgiving to all the LLPP brethren and their families!

Oline89

Anybody hear any mutterings about coaching moves?  I know there are HC positions at Endicott, Colby and Holy Cross in the East.  I missed the announcement last month that Hobart has a new interim AD, so I guess the search for a permanent AD is ongoing.   

Bartman

Quote from: Oline79 on November 29, 2017, 10:52:54 AM
Anybody hear any mutterings about coaching moves?  I know there are HC positions at Endicott, Colby and Holy Cross in the East.  I missed the announcement last month that Hobart has a new interim AD, so I guess the search for a permanent AD is ongoing.
Oline,
       The Hobart AD Mike Hanna is stepping down at the end of the calendar year (will stay as an advisor thru the academic year) and Brian Miller, Assistant AD(does all compliance and facilities) will be the interim AD. They will have a search over the next few months(supposedly Jeremy Foley will help, I think this may be window-dressing) which will include internal candidates( Coach Cragg would probably jump at it). The new President , Greg Vincent, has stated he wants Hobart and William Smith to be a nationally recognized D3 sports program....they have already announced the fundraising for a new bubble for the late Spring and early Winter weather events.....some also want an on campus ice rink....but given the financial pressures on colleges these days, I think a new rink may be wishful thinking unless some hockey friendly alums want to step up ....the Rochester HC job is also open.....have not heard anything yet on alum DeWall
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

Quote from: MANDGSU on November 21, 2017, 04:04:28 PM

-Ski

We do have a famous alum that is currently in the WWE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Amore

I guess Pat should give him a ring for a DIII article.

He's a certified G(ull) and a bonafide stud and you can't...teach...that!

Oline89

Quote from: Bartman on November 29, 2017, 05:24:45 PM
Quote from: Oline79 on November 29, 2017, 10:52:54 AM
Oline,
       The Hobart AD Mike Hanna is stepping down at the end of the calendar year (will stay as an advisor thru the academic year) and Brian Miller, Assistant AD(does all compliance and facilities) will be the interim AD. They will have a search over the next few months(supposedly Jeremy Foley will help, I think this may be window-dressing) which will include internal candidates( Coach Cragg would probably jump at it). The new President , Greg Vincent, has stated he wants Hobart and William Smith to be a nationally recognized D3 sports program....they have already announced the fundraising for a new bubble for the late Spring and early Winter weather events.....some also want an on campus ice rink....but given the financial pressures on colleges these days, I think a new rink may be wishful thinking unless some hockey friendly alums want to step up ....the Rochester HC job is also open.....have not heard anything yet on alum DeWall

I am sure Coach Cragg would make an outstanding AD, however, selfishly I would want him to stay on as football HC.  If he moves up to AD (is it a move up?, No idea if it is a salary jump), then next in line would for HC would probably be Drach (our OC).  Drach is certainly ready to be a head coach, but I am pretty happy with our current stacked and experienced coaching staff!

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

NED3Guy

That's awesome for him, and good for the LL as a whole.

Unlike so many of these "all star" games that seem to invite every senior willing to pay $1,000 to play in front of "scouts" this is the real deal. Excited to see how he does.

Bartman

Quote from: ITH radio on December 12, 2017, 01:17:28 PM
Exciting news for SR WR Brandon Shed:

http://gohobart.blogspot.com
Great news for Brandon. I also heard Koree Reed from Hartwick received an invite. Last year there were no D3 players invited to the NFLPA Bowl. This is a legit feeder Bowl for the NFL Combine as 35 of the 112 roster players last year got an invite to the combine. If Brandon has a good day he might get an invite to the combine , and you know what happened the last time a Hobart player was there. Good luck to Brandon.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath