MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 21, 2020, 10:35:28 AM
Quote from: GU1999 on January 21, 2020, 07:29:18 AM
Henry Johnson with the deep halftime buzzer beater. 

https://twitter.com/gupanthers/status/1219380293880074241?s=21

Very nice! There used to be a buzzer beater page on this site but it was discontinued. I was told there was a lot of work to put into it and it wasn't worth the time. I think Smitty Oom actually volunteered to do it but nothing came of it.

Would still LOVE to see video of the half court 3 by Anthony Jones of Fontbonne that sent the Fontbonne-Eureka game into OT....  Fontbonne eventually winning....   I viewed the Buzzer Beater section on these pages with every new addition when it was available on this site.... I know nothing about costs or time, but it seems that SIDs and fans could pretty easily send them in and they could make these pages... one "video" is worth 100000 words...PS.. I'll await someone's lecture about how I have no clue.. remember, I already admitted it ;D ;D ;D

and for Henry....saaaaa.wsssshhhhh.... nothin but net...none of this bank it in baloney!!!!!   Gotta love it!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: hopefan on January 21, 2020, 02:35:51 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 21, 2020, 10:35:28 AM
Quote from: GU1999 on January 21, 2020, 07:29:18 AM
Henry Johnson with the deep halftime buzzer beater. 

https://twitter.com/gupanthers/status/1219380293880074241?s=21

Very nice! There used to be a buzzer beater page on this site but it was discontinued. I was told there was a lot of work to put into it and it wasn't worth the time. I think Smitty Oom actually volunteered to do it but nothing came of it.

Would still LOVE to see video of the half court 3 by Anthony Jones of Fontbonne that sent the Fontbonne-Eureka game into OT....  Fontbonne eventually winning....   I viewed the Buzzer Beater section on these pages with every new addition when it was available on this site.... I know nothing about costs or time, but it seems that SIDs and fans could pretty easily send them in and they could make these pages... one "video" is worth 100000 words...PS.. I'll await someone's lecture about how I have no clue.. remember, I already admitted it ;D ;D ;D

and for Henry....saaaaa.wsssshhhhh.... nothin but net...none of this bank it in baloney!!!!!   Gotta love it!!!

The problem is when the SIDs don't send them in we still get a dozen emails asking why we don't have _______ or ________ and it becomes a bit of a headache.  Without the manpower to track them down, it doesn't make sense to host them.  Besides, almost every shot ends up on twitter and if I see it, I make sure to mark it with the #d3hoops hashtag.  That's probably the best way to find them.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

GU1999

I still prefer Kenny Greene's euro step half-quart walkoff (145 - 142)which made Sports center, but the gym seemed electric when Henry made his 3/4 bomb yesterday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ylHGYRoSsgQ

hopefan

A high ranking "administrator" from a SLIAC school has contacted me, asking me to start up my yearly "hopefan standings"...

While I have completed them with 8 conference games completed, I will wait to start publishing until after tomorrow's games, which complete the first half of the conference season for each team...

Here is how it will work... Of the 10 teams, I will consider 6 teams as contenders for the 4 tourney slots,  4 teams not expected to contend.

The expectation is that each of the contenders will beat the 4 non contenders both home and away (leading to 8 wins)... and will win AT HOME vs each contender (leading to 5 wins)... 0 points are awarded for those wins, -1 point is awarded for any failure in winning those 13 games.  In addition, +1 point is awarded for any win on the road against a contender.    The four non contenders are not included in the standings, though a team could shift in status if it becomes obvious they are mis-classified...

6 contenders are Blackburn, Eureka, Fontbonne, Greenville, Westminster, and Westminster
4 non contenders are Iowa Wesleyan, MacMurray, Spalding, and Principia

I'll do these as time allows... and will point out remaining opportunities for each team to get a + and improve themselves.  As you can see minuses are much easier to come by....

hopefan

Unfortunately... and I mentioned this before, Mrs. hopefan and I will be out of the country in the land down under from Feb 12 through Feb 28... It's the trip of our lives, and I will have limited access to WiFi... (I'm not going to ask my readers to contribute to a gofundme wifi package on the cruise)... +, I have to think Mrs. hopefan would rather I pay attention to the trip, and not SLIAC hoops... it is interesting though that we get back late the night of the 28th, the semifinals night for the SLIAC tourney... so if able to rouse myself, I should be able to see the finals on the internet!!!

Greek Tragedy

Going on a cruise to Australia? I think the readers can forgive you. Best to pay attention to Mrs. hopefan too. No need to be checking your phone every 5 minutes while eating the cruise dinner of lobster and steak...or running back to the room, for that matter.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Mr. Ypsi

hopefan, probably not the greatest year for a cruise to Australia! :o

But I'm still jealous as hell! ;)

WUPHF

You mean because high school basketball season is over?

Leaving the cook on the boat so he can recruit for Coach Huisman may be out of the question, but as long as the plane can land, tourism along the coasts, including Sydney, Melbourne and so on should be apples.

hopefan

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 21, 2020, 06:24:21 PM
hopefan, probably not the greatest year for a cruise to Australia! :o

But I'm still jealous as hell! ;)

There is hope... it's been raining there the last several days!!!

hopefan

Quote from: WUPHF on January 21, 2020, 09:44:04 PM
You mean because high school basketball season is over?

Leaving the cook on the boat so he can recruit for Coach Huisman may be out of the question, but as long as the plane can land, tourism along the coasts, including Sydney, Melbourne and so on should be apples.

Hadn't thought of that WUPIFFF... maybe he'd finance a couple of fancy meals for us if I see a kid or two.... Hey mates... fancy yourself in the land of snow and uhhh, prosperity!!!!

hopefan

Fontbonne beats Prin.. I didn't necessarily take that result as a given... but the big news, Fontbonne's Gus Kleekamp back, from whatever injury no one from Fontbonne could post, or privately tell me about... and first game back he plays significant minutes and has a nice all around game.... This is a huge plus for the Griffs during the 2nd half of the season...

GU1999

I am very much looking forward to tonights Conference Game of the Week between GU and Eureka (at HJ Long)

This one pits the leagues best scorer against it best player.  If you have to ask who these players are, you are not paying attention.

Fun Side notes:

- will non-rostered QB Barth suit up for the game to execute his remarkable inbound passing a la the 2018-19 regular season game at Eureka?
- will K. Stork (former GU post) play a prominent role in the game?  He has seen an increasing role for Eureka in recent weeks.
- will Riley Simmons continue his blistering steals per game pace.  Currently #2 nationally.  RS has also been sacrificing his body and taking a ton of charges.  I think he had four in the first half on Monday night.
- will Eric Williams continue to round into the form that caused him to be near the top of Hopefan's 2018-19 player rating system?  He has looked really good the past two weeks. 

If GU has the work rate they did in the first half v. IWU, I am at a slight lean for GU.  If they have work rate similar to the games against Dominican and/or Fontbonne, they will get smoked.   

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: GU1999 on January 22, 2020, 12:56:12 PM
I am very much looking forward to tonights Conference Game of the Week between GU and Eureka (at HJ Long)

This one pits the leagues best scorer against it best player.  If you have to ask who these players are, you are not paying attention.

They aren't the same player? And I thought I was paying attention.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 22, 2020, 01:17:31 PM
Quote from: GU1999 on January 22, 2020, 12:56:12 PM

They aren't the same player? And I thought I was paying attention.

AGREED with Greek???
And I would argue that the best player and best scorer may be on same team.. 2 different players...  figure that one out....

GU1999

Firstly, I removed from best scorer consideration some folks who are very good at getting that tough contested bucket in big moments, but just do it with less regularity and efficiency (J. Johnson and Goodman types).  I also removed a few players who just haven't played enough games to merit serious consideration (Dehm and Bateman types). 

Player A, my best scorer,  currently sits at 62.55% efg% and a 64.8 TS% on 16.2 s/g and averages 22.3 ppg. He has a shooting slash of 50.6/42.3/90.9.  This individual also shoots a high percentage of more valuable shots which is baked into the efg% and TS% calculations.

Player B, the best player (due to floor game related stats), currently sits at 57.14% efg% and a 60.8% TS% on 17.26 s/g and averages 23.8 ppg.  With a shooting slash of 52.9/34.9/77.2.   I think it is very clear that he is the best player, it just takes him more shots to score his points.  This is why I do not have him as both the best player and best scorer, like Greek has already posited.     

It will be great tonight when Player A and Player B square off head to head.  No secret here that I have Player A = S. Grady and player B = D. Bennginton.

of note, Dehm and Bateman removed from best scorer consideration for failure to play enough games, although both still lose to Grady IMO.  Williams removed from best player consideration for same reason. 

Best player is not close in my opinion, but J. Johnson, Dorethy, Goodman, Thompson, Hayes etc were considered and fell short. 

Thank you for letting me stoke the fire a little for this evenings big game.  Good Luck to both teams.