Pool C

Started by Pat Coleman, January 20, 2006, 02:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sac

Oshkosh beat Whitewater (an eventual host site and high seed) twice right at the end of the season last year and ended up tied for 2nd in the WIAC, the fact they made the WIAC final bolstered their case probably.  It probably didn't hurt that the national committee chair had also played them. ;)

Seeing them in person at Hope they were very much an NCAA quality team, but I'm still not sure that was a great Pool C pick.

http://d3hoops.com/teams/UW-Oshkosh/Men/2016-17/index

deiscanton

Men's selection show has been delayed 1/2 hour.

It will now be at 1 PM Eastern on NCAA.com

spwood

Quote from: deiscanton on February 26, 2018, 12:19:41 PM

Production issues or committee changing their minds at the last minute? ;D

Flying Dutch Fan

Quote from: spwood on February 26, 2018, 12:22:01 PM

Either way it is complete and utter disregard for my lunch time - guess I'll have to postpone a meeting cause I'm not missing the selection show. 
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

deiscanton

Quote from: spwood on February 26, 2018, 12:22:01 PM

Production issues, according to d-mac.  Someone made an announcing mistake on the first take, and now they have to record the show again to get it just right.

OK, NCAA men's selection show-- take two!  See you at 1 PM Eastern.

BTW, when it comes on-- no spoilers please.  The show may be releasing as an on-demand video that can be fast forwarded.  Please let us watch it as though it is live.

BBJones

ESPN is watching closely as they all know the D-1 cow is running out of clean milk. 

Can you imagine the infrastructure changes that will be needed at ESPN to broadcast the Marian vs. Finlandia game in 2019?    ;D ;D

Smitty Oom

So... Brockport??

??? ??? ???

I think thats good news for Hobart, but baaaad news for other bubble teams.

(509)Rat

Smitty Oom

Quote from: (509)Rat on February 26, 2018, 01:15:16 PM
and Letourneau

Yup... not good news for the Central/Northeast squads.

(509)Rat

North Central is in tho

Smitty Oom

Quote from: (509)Rat on February 26, 2018, 01:22:14 PM
North Central is in tho

Ahh, I was watching the selection show and didn't realize the whole bracket was posted.

Bartman

Quote from: Smitty Oom on February 26, 2018, 01:12:20 PM
So... Brockport??

??? ??? ???

I think thats good news for Hobart, but baaaad news for other bubble teams.
Brockport and Springfield in. Hobart out. Paid brutally for two worst shooting games of the season in the last 2 games , despite close scores in each game. Great team all year, heart breaking. Watching Hockey the rest of the way.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

fantastic50

Looks like the last few were perhaps North Central, IWU, LeTourneau, Springfield, and Brockport.

sac

3 the D3hoops panel missed on    Amherst, Hobart, River Falls

They really struggled with the last 5 or 6 picks.  Hobart they really never did reach consensus on.  It didn't sound like any of them were super comfortable with Amherst even though they picked them earlier.  River Falls seems like the one they were sure about that didn't make it.

There was no discussion of Brockport St, who obviously finished ranked ahead of Hobart in their region.

WUPHF

Quote from: deiscanton on February 26, 2018, 12:31:26 PM
Someone made an announcing mistake on the first take, and now they have to record the show again to get it just right.