FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhythm21

Good article here on the D3football homepage about Don Beebe and the belief instilled in Aurora's program: https://d3football.com/playoffs/2022/beebe-has-aurora-believing
AU Black and Blue

Captain_Joe08

Aurora 48
Alma 26

Final

Spartans dominated from start to finish in this one.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Rhythm21

Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on November 26, 2022, 03:03:19 PM
Aurora 48
Alma 26

Final

Spartans dominated from start to finish in this one.

Aurora is a top 10 football team! We are now just one win from being in the national semi-final!

Wartburg's defense is incredible, but they lost their starting QB to an ankle injury late vs St John's. And honestly, they just held on to that game in spite of how poor their backup Q looked. If their starter can't go this Saturday, Wartburg's defense is going to have to overwhelm AU's potent offense and they'll have to be able to run the ball effectively against our strong front 7.

This season is not only great for this 2022 AU roster and all the alumni that came before, but for all NACC teams going forward. Now maybe our AQs won't be paired with the Wisconsin Whitewaters and St John's every first round. Maybe the playoff committee will give us some east coast teams to play in the years to come  ;D

I'm excited to see AU come out fired up this Saturday vs a nationally renowned defense. If Chretin and our offensive line can control the line of scrimmage like they did today at Alma, I'll feel really good about our chances.
AU Black and Blue

SpartanHouse4

This will be the best defense AU has faced all year. As hot as AU's offense is, Wartburg's defense is equally hot.

Will be a fantastic matchup.

Schipper Strong

Quote from: Rhythm21 on November 26, 2022, 08:57:25 PM
This season is not only great for this 2022 AU roster and all the alumni that came before, but for all NACC teams going forward. Now maybe our AQs won't be paired with the Wisconsin Whitewaters and St John's every first round. Maybe the playoff committee will give us some east coast teams to play in the years to come  ;D
Hello from the ARC, Central fan here, as much as I normally take joy in seeing Wartburg lose, I want them to win for the same reason. Central and Wartburg are tired of playing WIAC teams the first round every time we get in the playoffs too. The "joy" of geography right? Good luck to both teams on Saturday. At least one of the two will move on to the semifinals and hopefully get some much deserved credit/recognition for their conference. Congratulations on knocking out Whitewater.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Schipper Strong on November 27, 2022, 12:26:52 PM
Central and Wartburg are tired of playing WIAC teams the first round every time we get in the playoffs too.

To be fair, this happened to Central three times in the 20-plus years of the five-round playoff.
This has happened to Wartburg two times in the 20-plus years of the five-round playoff.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Rhythm21

Quote from: Rhythm21 on November 26, 2022, 08:57:25 PM
Hello from the ARC, Central fan here, as much as I normally take joy in seeing Wartburg lose, I want them to win for the same reason. Central and Wartburg are tired of playing WIAC teams the first round every time we get in the playoffs too. The "joy" of geography right? Good luck to both teams on Saturday. At least one of the two will move on to the semifinals and hopefully get some much deserved credit/recognition for their conference. Congratulations on knocking out Whitewater.

Absolutely! I think it will be an entertaining game between 2 teams from ascending conferences. It's good for the game, too. Get some new blood in the national conversation.

Quote from: SpartanHouse4 on November 27, 2022, 09:17:43 AM
This will be the best defense AU has faced all year. As hot as AU's offense is, Wartburg's defense is equally hot.

Will be a fantastic matchup.

Strength vs strength. Gonna be a fun one. Hope AU can keep this train rolling!
AU Black and Blue

Schipper Strong

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 27, 2022, 02:18:18 PM
Central and Wartburg are tired of playing WIAC teams the first round every time we get in the playoffs too.

To be fair, this happened to Central three times in the 20-plus years of the five-round playoff.
This has happened to Wartburg two times in the 20-plus years of the five-round playoff.
There's the problem, I've been around longer than that, so it seems more often because you missed some.  ;D

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Schipper Strong on November 27, 2022, 08:39:42 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 27, 2022, 02:18:18 PM

There's the problem, I've been around longer than that, so it seems more often because you missed some.  ;D

Before this, it was four rounds and the West had to play West teams the first two rounds, so ... not really comparable.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

RFMichigan

Ugh. Bad pick-6 thrown by Aurora there. After trailing 10-0 Wartburg has come back to take a 21-10 lead in the 2nd.

Schipper Strong

Congratulations to Aurora on a great season. You have an excellent team, but you caught Wartburg on a day they played on another level. Wartburg has a really good team this year, but I have never seen them play like they did today. Don't let today's loss take away from all you accomplished this year.

Rhythm21

Quote from: Schipper Strong on December 03, 2022, 07:20:14 PM
Congratulations to Aurora on a great season. You have an excellent team, but you caught Wartburg on a day they played on another level. Wartburg has a really good team this year, but I have never seen them play like they did today. Don't let today's loss take away from all you accomplished this year.

Was a tremendous year! We just ran into an absolute Buzzsaw. Your QB's guts in playing on that leg was very indicative of the team culture at Wartburg. Their offensive line, RB and entire defense (Especially that Rochford kid-hope I spelled his name right!) are elite. So proud of our guys for battling and for the best season in school and conference history! Let's get to the offseason and keep building!
AU Black and Blue

Lindy6

Way to go Region 5 (NCC, Wartburg and Aurora). 8-3 so far through the quarterfinals. Every region has intra-region knockout playoffs games with a guaranteed loss (and win). Region standings (Won-Loss):
Region 5 (8-3) 2 knockout games, 2 semi-finalists
Region 3 (5-4) 3 knockout games, 1 semi-finalist
Region 4 (4-3) 1 knockout game, 1 semi-finalist
Region 2 (4-6) 1 knockout game
Region 1 (3-5) 2 knockout games
Region 6 (4-7) 3 knockout games

Rhythm21

Quote from: Lindy6 on December 06, 2022, 12:57:09 PM
Way to go Region 5 (NCC, Wartburg and Aurora). 8-3 so far through the quarterfinals. Every region has intra-region knockout playoffs games with a guaranteed loss (and win). Region standings (Won-Loss):
Region 5 (8-3) 2 knockout games, 2 semi-finalists
Region 3 (5-4) 3 knockout games, 1 semi-finalist
Region 4 (4-3) 1 knockout game, 1 semi-finalist
Region 2 (4-6) 1 knockout game
Region 1 (3-5) 2 knockout games
Region 6 (4-7) 3 knockout games

Very good showing from region 5! Excited to see where it takes these conferences going forward.
AU Black and Blue

Rhythm21

Congrats to the NACC All-Region selections! The 2022 Aurora University Spartans are well represented.
1st Team:
QB- Josh Swanson
HB- Jhe'Quay Chretin
WR- Trey Madsen
RET- James Mautino
OT- Chris Toth
LB- Marcellus Romious
CB- Ben Slatcoff
2nd Team:
OG- Matt Kickel
DT- Jaylen Jordan
S- Ernesto Ramirez
Link to the full list: https://d3football.com/awards/all-region/2022/2022-d3football-all-region-5
AU Black and Blue