FB: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southfan

I think your right Ganno!  I looked on the Blackburn website and it only showed that they brought in like 35 freshmen.  I thought they brought in over 50.  I guess Skip must of ran off 17 of those freshmen during camp.  He's old school!  But seriously, I think that Blackburn will make things a little more interesting in the south this year.  I like their QB.  He's got alot of potential.  Are they still running the same offense now that Ja. Davis is gone?  I would think they would open in up a little and use that QB more? 

venture

I was looking forward to seeing how Rockford's offense would play with out their leading rusher from last year Feehan that kid was a work horse. Well they looked hard nosed on both sides of the ball, I just don't no much about there opponent Eureke college. RC lost to them in double overtime last year and won saturday 35-10( which only mean's they lost one and won one )  Wisconsin Lutheran this saturday, their first game on their new field, they lost to Valpo 17-3 last saturday I think, This game maybe a good test for both schools.

Southfan

I think the Regents will be okay this year especially with their FB.  He's a horse.  He had over 200 yards on 34 carries last week.  Passing attack went well I heard.  Senior QB with an offense that is balanced  but run dominant when needed.  The only thing Rockford has to worry about what hotel they want to stay in after they win the conference in the Metrodome!  Go Regents!

vinnysboy

Not alot of talk about crown college or Maranatha are these schools still very very religious or have they come into the 21st century. I see crown changed their mascot. I liked the old UMAC with Concordia St. paul and NW wisconsin. Has trinity been able to win any games. I spent one of the coldest days of my life their coaching on a saturday

Johnnie Red

Northwestern fans, hope to see you at the Stiftungsfestivities tailgate party tomorrow morning at Bethel in the parking lot by the football stadium. Event starts at 10:00 a.m. Bring some food to share.

Southfan

Well Johnnie fans, looks like you guys really put the boots to Northwestern.  Not like I was expecting an upset or anything but come on.  Hope the pre and post game activities went well.  I do want to congratulate Trinity on their first win in 3 years.  I never thought I would see the day! 

johnnie_esq

Southfan, would you believe that the game was 7-7 in the 2nd quarter?  NWC played well and SJU wasn't in sync.  Had SJU not turned the ball over 5 times it could have been worse than it was.

I was half expecting AO in here complementing his Eagles on being competitive, too.    While they kept it close for a quarter and never gave up (and should be complemented), they have a long way to go.
SJU Champions 2003 NCAA D3, 1976 NCAA D3, 1965 NAIA, 1963 NAIA; SJU 2nd Place 2000 NCAA D3; SJU MIAC Champions 2018, 2014, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1991, 1989, 1985, 1982, 1979, 1977, 1976, 1975, 1974, 1971, 1965, 1963, 1962, 1953, 1938, 1936, 1935, 1932

AO

johnnie_esq:  I allready made my comments on page 71 of the MIAC board, so you can go see my fair and accurate review of the game there.  Of course I thought Northwestern played well and proved that they could play with a st. john's team.  We started a freshmen at quarterback who did not start the previous week for us, so this was his first collegiate game, and yet we tied the game at 7 in the second quarter.  Northwestern should have won the 1st half. 

I say plenty more controversial things in the MIAC forum and Duffman has allready taken offense to a few of them if you want to check it out.

Pat Coleman

Quoteproved that they could play with a st. john's team

Hmm, not sure I would go that far, unless you're talking about playing with a mythical team of St. John's second-stringers.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AO

Were you there, Pat?  Were you there to see Northwestern force 5 St. John's fumbles?  Were you there to see a Northwestern quarterback in his first collegiate game throw a 20 yard touchdown pass to another freshmen receiver to tie the game in the second quarter?  And then on the ensuing johnnie drive, did you see the fabled offensive line fail to make a hole amongst seemingly overmatched defensive lineman who pushed the Johnnies around and allowed a Northwestern linebacker to force yet another fumble which was recovered in Johnnie territory? 
Did you see the 74 yards of rushing the eagles accumulated as compared to the 5 yards given up by the Johnnies the week before to the #22 team in the nation in UW-Eau Claire?

Perhaps the real myth here is that St. John's is an invincible force of nature that cannot be touched by a UMAC opponent.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

I also look at the actual box score and see you were credited with three forced fumbles, not five. Not sure I can give Northwestern credit for unforced fumbles.

Southfan

AO,

I think you need to wake up, grab Toto and get the heck out of Oz and return to the UMAC!!!!!!  I was not at the game but I think that if it 7-7 in the second quarter, Gag's probably did something he has never done before....SCREAM AT HIS KIDS!!!  I'm not saying that Northwestern can't play anybody tough but lets see here.  St. John's travel roster is I'm guessing 70 at the most.  Northwestern plobably has 80? kids total on the roster.  Those 70 Johnnies are just as good as the starting 22 from Northwestern.  It is not physically or numerically possible that Northwestern will every beat St. John's.  And when you say that they can hang with them that's just as crazy as saying they are going to beat them.  And remember football is a game of 4 quarters, not 2.  Northwestern might have tied the first half but got it handed to them in the second.  There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home..........

Pat Coleman

AO

What, St. John's fumble the ball themselves?  Somebody must be penalized from the other team.  Lofboom, Beaudry, and Luberts coughed it up, one after another in 3 consecutive St. John's possesions.  These were all forced fumbles proving that Northwestern's defense is a force that St. John's had a very difficult time reckoning with.  I really doubt Gagliardi did any yelling, but I wouldn't really know as I was across the field from him in our press box at the time.  Actually come to think of it, I did see him leaving the press box at the half, but I had no idea he was in there.   Maybe they wanted to keep him out of the sun or something, I don't know.  I'm not really one for moral victories, but Northwestern did show that they can play with Saint John's.

20-7 at the half for St. John's could have easily been the other way around with the Johnnies getting their scores with uncalled holding penalties and a very risky decision to go for it on 4th and goal from the 9 yard line.