FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinsteinke

Quote from: TromboneJB on February 09, 2023, 04:26:31 PM
My favorite quote from the press conference

"Better to be prepared without an opportunity than prepared with an opportunity"

Do you mean unprepared with an opportunity?

The Third Division

Quote from: colinsteinke on February 09, 2023, 05:28:37 PM
Quote from: TromboneJB on February 09, 2023, 04:26:31 PM
My favorite quote from the press conference

"Better to be prepared without an opportunity than prepared with an opportunity"

Do you mean unprepared with an opportunity?

Yes.  :P

02 Warhawk

I see the 'hawks have nice recruit out of Crystal Lake, IL. Familiar with him, Emma?

Tyler Vasey, QB, broke the IL single-season state rushing record with 3878 yards last year. That was also good enough to lead the country in rushing!

I wonder if being only 5'10" prevented him from getting D1 looks. Will JR convert him to RB, possibly?.

Regardless, looks like he's quite the talent.

bleedpurple

02 Warhawk

emma17

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on February 09, 2023, 06:52:56 PM
I see the 'hawks have nice recruit out of Crystal Lake, IL. Familiar with him, Emma?

Tyler Vasey, QB, broke the IL single-season state rushing record with 3878 yards last year. That was also good enough to lead the country in rushing!

I wonder if being only 5'10" prevented him from getting D1 looks. Will JR convert him to RB, possibly?.

Glad he's coming to the Dub as he is a gamer. Not sure what he'll play though. The Prairie Ridge (in Crystal Lake) offense is all double wing stuff w very limited passing. He probably threw 25 passes all season, including their playoff run where they lost in championship. I imagine kick returner initially and maybe move him to slot receiver or even DB.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: emma17 on February 10, 2023, 12:07:18 PM

Glad he's coming to the Dub as he is a gamer. Not sure what he'll play though. The Prairie Ridge (in Crystal Lake) offense is all double wing stuff w very limited passing. He probably threw 25 passes all season, including their playoff run where they lost in championship. I imagine kick returner initially and maybe move him to slot receiver or even DB.

Now, watch him turn into the greatest passer in UWW history! ;D

He's acually the second coming of Bret Favre, held down by his HS coach! ::) ;)

bleedpurple

This is shaping up to be a really great recruiting class for the Warhawks! This class is especially deep in the offensive and defensive lines. On the offensive side of the ball, here are a few of the incoming Hawks on the O-line:

Transfer Evan Oberg was a rivals 2 star OG from DeForest. He played in 5 games as a true freshman at Northern Michigan on the DL. When he transferred he specifically wanted to play OL. Last year he was listed at 6'4" 260. Playing OL, that weight will go up considerably.

Steven Young is a 4-year starter, 2-time team captain at Kankakee, IL. His dad was his OL coach in high school. He is a tremendous athlete who is on the power lifting team that deadlifts over 600lbs and squats nearly 600. Steven goes 6'2" 295 lbs.

Nick Thome was the DL of the year in his conference at Notre Dame Prep. His coach said he would have been the offensive linemen of the year if he let him play both ways. Big body. Well put together. 6'3" 275 lbs. Received at least one D-II offer.

Troy Dietzler is a 6'6 290 monster with really no fat on him. He is ranked in the top 10 in the state in wrestling. Father is a military man. Received at least one D-II offer. Played High School ball at Ashwaubenon High School.

Mason McNeill was the highest rated player in the Warhawk OL / DL camp last summer. Currently ranked 3rd in state in wrestling. Mason is 6'6" 230 pounds. Played high school ball at Westosha Central High School.

EJ Gritzner is the smallest of the group but great athlete and extremely physical. Played ball at Lake Geneva Badger High School.

Last year, with two starters leaving the team within a few months of the start of the season (one immediately before camp), we started the year with a total of zero college starts among our starting offensive linemen. There has been a ton of talent (literally) brought in the last two years on the offensive line.  There will be a lot of competition on the O-line this year and I firmly believe we will see significantly more consistency in that group  this year.

timmyturtle

Great info there Bleed!
We will definitely need some of those guys, because if my calculations are correct, we are losing 3 of the 5 starters from last year. 
I also heard about a kid from the Green Bay who was transferring from a D1 (maybe Northern Ill?) who was looking to get back closer to home and toured Whitewater...but I think he took a walk-on offer at Indiana, too bad.

palum

Quote from: bleedpurple on February 10, 2023, 11:35:36 PM
This is shaping up to be a really great recruiting class for the Warhawks! This class is especially deep in the offensive and defensive lines. On the offensive side of the ball, here are a few of the incoming Hawks on the O-line:

Transfer Evan Oberg was a rivals 2 star OG from DeForest. He played in 5 games as a true freshman at Northern Michigan on the DL. When he transferred he specifically wanted to play OL. Last year he was listed at 6'4" 260. Playing OL, that weight will go up considerably.

Steven Young is a 4-year starter, 2-time team captain at Kankakee, IL. His dad was his OL coach in high school. He is a tremendous athlete who is on the power lifting team that deadlifts over 600lbs and squats nearly 600. Steven goes 6'2" 295 lbs.

Nick Thome was the DL of the year in his conference at Notre Dame Prep. His coach said he would have been the offensive linemen of the year if he let him play both ways. Big body. Well put together. 6'3" 275 lbs. Received at least one D-II offer.

Troy Dietzler is a 6'6 290 monster with really no fat on him. He is ranked in the top 10 in the state in wrestling. Father is a military man. Received at least one D-II offer. Played High School ball at Ashwaubenon High School.

Mason McNeill was the highest rated player in the Warhawk OL / DL camp last summer. Currently ranked 3rd in state in wrestling. Mason is 6'6" 230 pounds. Played high school ball at Westosha Central High School.

EJ Gritzner is the smallest of the group but great athlete and extremely physical. Played ball at Lake Geneva Badger High School.

Last year, with two starters leaving the team within a few months of the start of the season (one immediately before camp), we started the year with a total of zero college starts among our starting offensive linemen. There has been a ton of talent (literally) brought in the last two years on the offensive line.  There will be a lot of competition on the O-line this year and I firmly believe we will see significantly more consistency in that group  this year.
Back in December there was some questions that a lack of a head coach would hurt WW in recruiting. It looks like they will be alright.

BoBo

Quote from: palum on February 11, 2023, 01:41:32 PM

Back in December there was some questions that a lack of a head coach would hurt WW in recruiting. It looks like they will be alright.

Little did the uninformed numskull who said that know that the new head coach was still with the program leading the recruiting efforts.  ;)
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

KitchenSink

Equally important is a dynamic group of skill positions players. Any early tally on WR's, DB's, and of course QB.
What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!

emma17

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 10, 2023, 11:12:14 PM
Quote from: emma17 on February 10, 2023, 12:07:18 PM

Now, watch him turn into the greatest passer in UWW history! ;D

He's acually the second coming of Bret Favre, held down by his HS coach! ::) ;)

That's right. Plus I'm using reverse psychology on him. I'm coaching even though I'm not a coach, or am I..

emma17

Thanks for sharing Bleed. Love that you're starting w the big nasties. Young and Thomas (2 IL players) have some hit in them. Young had some pancake blocks reminiscent of Quinn. Get him playing a little lower and he'll be special. Notre Dame has been putting out some players, Thome looks like he'll fit right in.

bleedpurple

Quote from: KitchenSink on February 11, 2023, 05:09:58 PM
Equally important is a dynamic group of skill positions players. Any early tally on WR's, DB's, and of course QB.

Very true.  Good news on the way.