FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Etchglow

Good interview with Kyle King:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N2TaEU_IrY

Edit:  Also a finalist for Gagliardi Trophy

Riley Zayas

Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

CruFrenzy

Alright, time to set the weekly odds for the semi final matchups! I was waiting to see if any books would post lines for the games this weekend but it looks like they (Vegas & offshore books) will likely only be posting odds for the Staggbowl next week.

UMHB @ North Central (-3.0) o/u 51

I toyed with making this line closer to NCC -4.5 or even a little more initially given the home field advantage (which I expect to be significant) but I cannot shake the feeling this game will be tight all the way.. I think NCC has shown they are even more so committed to the run this year and will more than likely try to control the clock, hence the lower total this week.

Wartburg @ Mount Union (0.0) o/u 48

I expect this one will probably draw some differing opinions, but this is just my two cents anyway. If this game was at a neutral site I would have Wartburg slightly favored so I think a pick 'em is appropriate here based on what I've seen. I know some of the models online and Twitter have Mount Union favored by a touchdown or more but I don't think those models necessarily adjust from year to year in D3 all that well especially when you have a team outside fo the traditional contender caliber conferences make a run. This Wartburg defense is elite, but no doubt they will face the best skill players they've seen all season so that will be fun to watch.
2016, 2018 & 2021 National Champions :)

QB11111

Off topic from the playoffs, but does anyone know if SRSU is going to move up to D2 or not?
I heard they voted on it last month but haven't heard anything since.

Etchglow

Quote from: QB11111 on December 08, 2022, 08:16:30 PM
Off topic from the playoffs, but does anyone know if SRSU is going to move up to D2 or not?
I heard they voted on it last month but haven't heard anything since.

Last month they voted to allow Sul Ross to enter contract negotiations with the Lone Star Conference. I imagine we won't hear amytbi g until the negotiations are either successful or fail.

ksclegal

Headed to Naperville. I know most are picking North Central but can't help but think that if UMHB had pulled off a win at Whitewater the predictions would be different. No doubt two great teams. I just can't get over how much time Kyle King has had to throw the ball. This will be the best D line the Cru has faced this year. But I'm taking the Cru 38-27.

D O.C.

Chess4Me

Does anybody know the status of this week's game notes?

crufootball

Riley Zayas

Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

desertcat1

" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

umhbalum

Hard to make a prediction for this game but usually the team that scores more points wins the game  ;D

Ron Boerger

Good luck to the Cru today!  The experts have you as road dogs, but they did last year too as I remember.