FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D O.C.

Win the AQ. Win on the road.
Truthfully, disappointed with the outlook for the 2023 season. Canada. Bye. Redlands. Bye. NWC

Hawks88

bluenote

I think in pre season we should play UWW, SJU, Bethel, UMHB or Crown.

It doesn't matter... we'd wax them all in a Monkey Stomp!

D O.C.

MonroviaCat

It's just Blue smoking....I mean stirring the pot....
Go Cats!

George Thompson

Quote from: Bluenote on January 31, 2023, 10:36:38 PM
I think in pre season we should play UWW, SJU, Bethel, UMHB or Crown.

It doesn't matter... we'd them all in a Monkey Stomp!

Agree.  Playing weak teams does not help Linfield.   We need tough teams before the playoffs.

GT
GO CATS! GO!

olddog

I see UR is going to play LF, which I love and think is good for both programs. What happen to the SCIAC playing the NWC...1's vs. 1s, etc...every season at the same week. Looking forward to PP playing you guys...lol

So far I am not hearing UR adding much up front,...picking up some skills but that is not our issue vs. LF...O line is always been the issue and not being effective on the ground.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

DuffMan

Bluenote got another timeout?  :o

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

Andy Jamison - Walla Walla Wildcat

I remember that from 1990-93, we had football practice from 3-6.  We had an hour to hustle over to Dillon as we had to get to film sessions by 7.  I don't remember there ever being an issue related to quality or quantity of food at Dillon.  I could see an Admin person thinking that cost-cutting at the dining hall looked good on paper. I'd hope that Dillon is ran with an eye towards the budget as well as an eye towards nutritious food options.   

What is frustrating is that the students, who are all adults, should be advocating for themselves rather than have mommy and daddy fight their battles for them.  At some point, parents have to let their children "adult" rather than try and solve all of their issues for them. 

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Andy Jamison - Walla Walla Wildcat on March 27, 2023, 12:00:45 AM
I remember that from 1990-93, we had football practice from 3-6.  We had an hour to hustle over to Dillon as we had to get to film sessions by 7.  I don't remember there ever being an issue related to quality or quantity of food at Dillon.  I could see an Admin person thinking that cost-cutting at the dining hall looked good on paper. I'd hope that Dillon is ran with an eye towards the budget as well as an eye towards nutritious food options.   

What is frustrating is that the students, who are all adults, should be advocating for themselves rather than have mommy and daddy fight their battles for them.  At some point, parents have to let their children "adult" rather than try and solve all of their issues for them.

Nothing wrong with both of those groups doing the advocating. The parents still have more power, as the general bill-payers.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

George Thompson

I agree!
GO CATS! GO!

GustyJ

Simon Fraser just dropped football, effective immediately. Is Linfield stuck at eight games now or do they have time to find a replacement?
Go Bruins!

speedybigboy

I remember Frosty calling over to the dining hall begging them to stay open when we ran late, which was often during the playoffs or during Linfield week.  ;D