FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@d3jason

Vessels is the real deal and can play inside or out depending on where you need him. Obviously, that would look to be inside. I would expect Del Val to be the clear number one in the East.The question with the Aggies is will they get to the next level. I think they are close.

Salisbury beat UW-Osh Kosh, who beat UWW back in 2019, if that matters.

Seeing Salisbury early on your schedule is usually better than later when dealing with their option attack IMO. Of course, a couple of Spring games should help the Gulls there. It's tough to take much from Spring but they will have to get better in the front seven than they were if they planning on slowing down that War Hawk run game.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: @d3jason on May 24, 2021, 11:36:55 AM
Vessels is the real deal and can play inside or out depending on where you need him. Obviously, that would look to be inside. I would expect Del Val to be the clear number one in the East.The question with the Aggies is will they get to the next level. I think they are close.

Salisbury beat UW-Osh Kosh, who beat UWW back in 2019, if that matters.

Seeing Salisbury early on your schedule is usually better than later when dealing with their option attack IMO. Of course, a couple of Spring games should help the Gulls there. It's tough to take much from Spring but they will have to get better in the front seven than they were if they planning on slowing down that War Hawk run game.

I think "Del Val as the clear number one in the East" is a stretch. They don't have any QB with experience, lost their top 2 WR's from 2019 and their All-American TE. The RB situation is also unsettled with the graduation of Nigro. The defense should be good, although 3 of the 4 starting LB's (critical in a 3-4) are gone since last they played.

They should be in the National Top 25 and amongst the Top 4-5 in the East, but I don't see a clear number one team............unless they pitch a bunch of shutout's or single digit games on defense. Maybe Gordon Mann has some scoop. It has been dead here and it might remain if most of the Wesley guys have left for good. I hope not.

lefty2

I think d3jason qualifies as a Wesley guy.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

gordonmann

Vessels reportedly had a really good spring and was recognized by the team as one of the top performers in spring ball. My understanding is that the Aggies will open with Kean and Montclair State.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: lefty2 on May 24, 2021, 09:11:31 PM

"if most of the Wesley guys have left the board" not "if ALL of the Wesley guys have left the board"

Lefty, pay attention. Life is all about the details!! ;)

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: gordonmann on May 24, 2021, 11:19:05 PM
Vessels reportedly had a really good spring and was recognized by the team as one of the top performers in spring ball. My understanding is that the Aggies will open with Kean and Montclair State.

Thanks Gordon!! Have you heard anything else about the team as a whole (or some of the parts)?

I'm guessing that the Kean game will be a home game for the Aggies to complete the home and home started in 2019 at Kean.

CNU85

102 days until opening kickoff at Townebank Stadium!

lefty2

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on May 25, 2021, 08:22:55 AM

"if most of the Wesley guys have left the board" not "if ALL of the Wesley guys have left the board"

Spare me the lecture.

I didn't quote you or correct you.

All I said was that d3jason was a Wesley guy.

The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

Teamski

Quote from: lefty2 on May 25, 2021, 02:56:27 PM

Spare me the lecture.

We are still monitoring. 8-)  From what I hear, some players are transferring to DSU.  No clue on who.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

@d3jason

Like the former Wolverines, the Aggies have proved over past seasons, that the cupboard is never bare. They are well-coached and bring in a steady stream of talent each year.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: ITH radio on June 03, 2021, 09:51:36 AM
https://www.rowanathletics.com/news/2021/6/2/football-announces-2021-schedule-with-five-home-games-profs-return-to-the-field-on-september-4.aspx

I understand the obvious challenge for the NJAC schools (5 OOC games), but I am a bit surprised that a conference like the MAC doesn't have all of the schedules put to bed (at minimum, at least the schedule for the 8 conference games) given the need for only two OOC games per school. I wonder if they are all put to bed but the AD or SID just hasn't bothered to post them as of yet.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Teamski on May 25, 2021, 06:37:13 PM
Quote from: lefty2 on May 25, 2021, 02:56:27 PM

Spare me the lecture.

We are still monitoring. 8-)  From what I hear, some players are transferring to DSU.  No clue on who.

-Ski

Ski - If you get anything on those who made the move to DSU, or elsewhere, post if you would. I could see several players getting time at DSU, given the state of their program of late.

Teamski

Will do.  I already have seen a lot of improvement at DSU since Coach Azzenesi took over the offense.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

@d3jason

Quote from: Teamski on June 03, 2021, 12:32:28 PM
Will do.  I already have seen a lot of improvement at DSU since Coach Azzenesi took over the offense.

-Ski
From what I have seen on twitter:

David Pierre, junior DT
Jerrish Halsey, junior WR

Both to Delaware State