MBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by N, March 01, 2005, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

I always found it strange that SNC and Stevens Point don't play on a regular basis, despite only being an hour and a half away from each other. They have a nice hockey rivalry, even now that they aren't (and haven't been for a long time) in the same conference. For some reason I think I've said this before and I'm sure I've been given an explanation.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

https://lakelandmuskies.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2022-23

In my summer boredom, I found Lakeland's schedule for next season. I'm excited to see that Greenville is coming to the cornfields. Lakeland plays SNC in conference two days beforehand, so we'll see how Lakeland approaches this game. Should be a fun one and I hope they advertise this game for those who don't know Greenville. It is disappointing to see that the Muskies can't fill their schedule with D3 opponents as they have not one, but two, non D3 opponents in Moody Bible Institute and Cardinal Stritch. At least they aren't playing Silver Lake this year.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on August 04, 2022, 07:43:11 PM

In my summer boredom, I found Lakeland's schedule for next season. I'm excited to see that Greenville is coming to the cornfields. Lakeland plays SNC in conference two days beforehand, so we'll see how Lakeland approaches this game. Should be a fun one and I hope they advertise this game for those who don't know Greenville. It is disappointing to see that the Muskies can't fill their schedule with D3 opponents as they have not one, but two, non D3 opponents in Moody Bible Institute and Cardinal Stritch. At least they aren't playing Silver Lake this year.

You'd have a real scoop for the local paper if they were, considering that Silver Lake College closed its doors for good two years ago. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

hopefan

Quote from: Gregory Sager on August 05, 2022, 01:50:35 AM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on August 04, 2022, 07:43:11 PM

You'd have a real scoop for the local paper if they were, considering that Silver Lake College closed its doors for good two years ago. ;)

Heck Greg... if Ohio Midwestern could do it a couple years ago, why not Silver Lake???? ::) ::) ::)
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Gregory Sager

Excellent analogy. I always had the suspicion that Silver Lake College was the kind of school that, if you walked into a diner in Manitowoc and asked someone for directions to the Silver Lake campus, he or she might very well have no idea what you were talking about.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Greek Tragedy

The local paper is trash. I probably knew that when it happened two years ago, but deleted it from my memory.

I can basically say that for Lakeland too. There is hardly any press in Sheboygan actually promoting Lakeland events. For those who don't know, Lakeland isn't even in Sheboygan. It's in the cornfields 15 minutes outside of the city with a Plymouth address. The furthest any students come into town is probably the Northside Walmart. It's sad, actually.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Next Man Up

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on August 05, 2022, 12:25:30 PM
The local paper is trash. I probably knew that when it happened two years ago, but deleted it from my memory.

I can basically say that for Lakeland too. There is hardly any press in Sheboygan actually promoting Lakeland events. For those who don't know, Lakeland isn't even in Sheboygan. It's in the cornfields 15 minutes outside of the city with a Plymouth address. The furthest any students come into town is probably the Northside Walmart. It's sad, actually.

I was actually in downtown Sheboygan just this weekend including eating dinner there on Friday night. Seems like a nice place. Perhaps the Lakelanders are a wild bunch that have been banned from the downtown area?  :o
So young hero, ask yourself............................Do you want to go to college, get a good education, and play (basketball)(football), or do you want to go to college, get a good education, and watch (basketball)(football)? 🤔 😏

Don't surround yourself with yourself. 🧍🏼‍♂️(Yes)

cjnick12

SNC plays UWGB tomorrow in an exhibition game.  Will be great to be back in the gym again

RFMichigan

A good start for the conference as all four NACC teams - Aurora, Dominican, Rockford, and Concordia-Chicago posted wins on the opening night of regular season play. The "best" win was . . .?

Greek Tragedy

Uh. Lakeland.

They were picked 10th in the NACC and they opened up against Lake Forest, picked 6th in the MWC. They came out smoking, jumping out to a 16-2 lead.

Double digits basically the rest of the way. LFC got it to 10 a couple of times, but LU responded each time.

Cam Jaeger, one Lakeland's better players, didn't even suit up. Injured.

https://lakelandmuskies.com/news/2022/11/8/11-08-22MBBvsLFC.aspx

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

WUPHF

Quote from: hopefan on August 05, 2022, 07:40:44 AM
You'd have a real scoop for the local paper if they were, considering that Silver Lake College closed its doors for good two years ago.

Not to mention the fact that it was not called Silver Lake College when it closed.

The Pheasants being known for one of the more peculiar rebranding efforts.

RFMichigan

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 09, 2022, 09:08:47 AM
Uh. Lakeland.

They were picked 10th in the NACC and they opened up against Lake Forest, picked 6th in the MWC. They came out smoking, jumping out to a 16-2 lead.

Double digits basically the rest of the way. LFC got it to 10 a couple of times, but LU responded each time.

Cam Jaeger, one Lakeland's better players, didn't even suit up. Injured.

https://lakelandmuskies.com/news/2022/11/8/11-08-22MBBvsLFC.aspx

I would agree.

Here is what I learned from clicking on the link you provided: The gym at Lakeland is named for someone who goes by the name of "Moose". That is pure awesomeness.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: RFMichigan on November 09, 2022, 03:54:59 PM
Here is what I learned from clicking on the link you provided: The gym at Lakeland is named for someone who goes by the name of "Moose". That is pure awesomeness.

The 1970 and 1971 Pittsburgh Pirates had three pitchers named Bob Moose, Bob Veale, and John Lamb.

Captain_Joe08

11/8

Aurora 97 Maranatha 49
Dominican 76 Beloit 63
Lakeland 98 Lake Forest 72
Concordia Chicago 98 Loras 88

11/9

#24 Wheaton (IL) 84 Benedictine 68

11/10

Illinois Tech 98 Cal Lutheran 89

11/11

Wisconsin Lutheran 103 Martin Luther 53
Eureka 79 Aurora 73
Bethany Lutheran 97 MSOE 80
Rockford 87 Minnesota-Morris 52
Ripon 68 St. Norbert 55

11/12

Principia 93 Dominican 65
MSOE 85 Martin Luther 45
Rockford 105 Maranatha 62
Concordia Chicago 97 Knox 65
Bethany Lutheran 95 Wisconsin Lutheran 78
Caltech 64 Illinois Tech 58
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions