FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browneagle64

The Eagle has landed.

To all suppoters of the S.C.I.A.C. Continue to support the league.

So far, I must agree that within the S.C.I.A.C, Oxy has a chance to repeat their quest for a championship. Each single game will determine who will be crowned the champ, yet i see no challenge besides Redlands that can match Oxy's Talent. Cal Luthern doesn't seem as domaint as they used to be in the past, Redlands always shows up with a two face. Pomona, Claremont, La Vern, and whittier, well lets just say can they all reach somewhere above .500. What can i say, these are just my opinions. Anywho's, Anything can happen on any given saturday.

Go tigers
"Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination."--Vin Scully

"I don't really care," he said with an impish smile. "It's all about the Dodgers. I don't think anyone really watches hockey anymore.".....Tiger Woods

dawgs57

Redlands always shows up with a two face?  What exactly does that mean?  OXY has had 2 good seasons in the last 8 years, and the rest have been owned by UR (aside from the anomoly of Whittier taking it in 98). 

Oxy is on the map, and the Dawgs have taken notice, but the attitude that Oxy has the run of the block is a little much.  I look forward to seeing how the changes on the Redlands staff work out, but it sounds like recruiting went well.

Lots of questions for the Dawgs though.  Pity that they don't make it out to play CC to pad their sked like some other teams in the West - I guess I'll have to spend some cabbage and get back out to Cali....

Anyway, its nice to see some other schools posting.

Go Dawgs...
"Go play intramurals, Brother!  Go play intramurals."
-Dan Hawkins,   University of Colorado

redlandsfan

I am an iditot!!  PAT ifyou read this can you let me know how to start a new topic on the boards???  Or if anybody reads this please help me out!  I have a masters degree, but can't figure out how to post on the new site...maybe the University of Redlands should look at its graduates before handing out degrees...any help is appericated guys!!!

Thanks.

redlandsfan

Nevermind...guess it worked!!!  I got confused when it said reply..instead of new topic!!! Now all I need is a spell check and I am ready to go!!  Looks great Pat.

Browneagle64

The Eagle has landed

To all the fans, Whats up!!!!!!!!

This forum is actually working pretty well. Anywho's, this post-up is in regard to what i meant that Relands shows up with a two face.
To keep it simple, Redlands prides itself with its past success, which is great. However, during the past five years, the redlands team that has taken the field has yet to accomplish what it used to do in the past.

The most recent S.C.I.A.C crowns that redlands has had come in seasons in which they didn't do that well statistically on Offense or defense. Let's just say that they did indeed win one game at a time. But, they were not dominant.

During the past five years, Oxy and other teams have lost to relands just by a slim margin, which means that Other teams could careless what the redlands teams of the past did. Its great to hear about the past, but man, this is the present. You can't live the past.  THis is the present

The S.C.I.A.C is an open league, but as all champions know, the road to success comes through them. Based on the present statistics and no change of coaches, Oxy has a far better chance than redlands or just about anyother team.

In the mean time, just think about this "Anything can happen on any given saturday"
"Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination."--Vin Scully

"I don't really care," he said with an impish smile. "It's all about the Dodgers. I don't think anyone really watches hockey anymore.".....Tiger Woods

RFB

So Redlands should not be proud of it's success over the last fifteen years? What a bunch of crap. I guess Linfield shouldn't be proud of their 49 consecutive winning seasons either.  Redlands has owned the SCIAC for the last fifteen years and this is fact. They will be back, Oxy better not half-step.

What is funny to me is all the Oxy fans that have come out of the woodwork over the last year. You guys pound your chest about Oxy this and Oxy that based on one season. Where were you when Oxy was down and out? Why were you not here representing your school/program over the last few years. The answer is that you are fairweather fans.  Just wait until Oxy falls on their face whether it be this year or the next few, you will disappear.

In 1995 Redlands went 4-5, I guess they should have just packed it in and dwelled in the past. No they went on to be SCIAC champs the next year and have won 6/9 SCIAC Championships since.

Hmmm......Redlands wen't 4-5 last year, you better be working Oxy because I know Redlands is.

Browneagle64

RFB,

Don't get me wrong about having pride for it the past. But, as I mentioned Look at the present.

Redlands has owned the SCIAC for the last fifteen years and this is fact???? Man, didn't you here your boy claiming that Whitter did fine in 98 or how about La Vern in the early 90's. Seems that a redlands Fan would always think about the past.

The only reason why so Oxy fans have been showing support is because now there is a way to do this. Most of us never had a method such as this one to show the fan fair. So get with the program. THis appears to be a new system for Football.

As for the past year, great for Oxy. The only just became the only school in S.C.I.A.C histroy to reach to the final 8. Last time, I checked Redland never got that far.

Once again I am glad that a system like this is in Place. Now, you can hear from the Fan's. Where were you when Oxy was down and out? Why were you not here representing your school/program over the last few years???? Well, because there was no avenue in the past to let it out. But, this is the present.

Just wait until Oxy falls on their face whether it be this year or the next few, you will disappear???? And i bet you'll be boasting about Redlands at that time. Last time Oxy fell after a very dominating 2001 season. The following year the team was 5-4 and then 7-2 and until what you saw last year. Sure we can go back to 1999, but like i said this posting system was not in place. 

Sounds great that Redlands is working and i bet the other schools are to. Just remember to hope that they don't come out to being 4-5 again

RFB

"Redlands has owned the SCIAC for the last fifteen years and this is fact? Man, didn't you here your boy claiming that Whitter did fine in 98 or how about La Vern in the early 90's. Seems that a redlands Fan would always think about the past.

Redlands has owned the SCIAC over the last fifteen years. They were SCIAC champs in (1990, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003). That sure looks pretty lopsided to me.

"The only reason why so Oxy fans have been showing support is because now there is a way to do this. Most of us never had a method such as this one to show the fan fair. So get with the program. THis appears to be a new system for Football."

Wrong, d3football.com and post patterns has been here since 2001. Nice try though.

"As for the past year, great for Oxy. The only just became the only school in S.C.I.A.C histroy to reach to the final 8. Last time, I checked Redland never got that far."

True, and I gave Oxy the respect they deserved for last season. But the truth is that they would not have gotten a home playoff game and a favorable seeding if not for Redlands. Redlands has four playoff appearances since 1990, all on the road against the #1 seed in the West. It was Redlands hard nosed, competitve play and representation of the SCIAC that paved and helped set-up Oxy to be in a good place to make their run.

But I am sure you will say I am living in the past when in reality a true fan of the SCIAC and DIII football would understand that. 

wildcat11

BrownEagle and RFB,

You're both wrong....post patterns has been since 1999.....I know because I've been posting on here since 1999. 

The Redland group of fans have been the most frequent and vocal posters on this board and there has been very few Oxy backers until some recently showed up.  I think it's great that Oxy fans are coming on the board.  It's only human nature that they are now "just showing up" with last years team's success.

In terms of playoffs....BrownEagle you should be thanking the University of Redland's football team.  They did do the heavy lifting to get the SCIAC some respect for playing SJU and Linfield tough on the road in the past in the playoffs.  Without those two performances there was no way Oxy would have hosted a beat-up Willamette squad in the first round.

However, Oxy does have bragging rights about being in the final eight.  True, they didn't have to go to a SJU or Linfield in the first round but that's not Oxy's fault.  They won two playoff games before getting steamrolled up at Linfield.

RFB

WC11,

Wow, I was way off. This site has been here for a long time.

You're right about Oxy having bragging rights, they deserved it. I was just looking for acknowledgement for Redlands and you gave that. Something Oxy fans will not do.

It's going to be a fun season. Redlands at Whitworth is going to be shootout.

PitDawg

Anyone have news on Pomona, last year they were a bit down but return most of their team... ???

RFB

I have not heard anything about Pomona. Hopefully they got a good coach to replace Caron, he ran a very tight football program.

Browneagle64

Great, I was way off myself. I never knew the post patterns have been in commission since 1999. I just thought they were recently placed up for the upcoming season. But thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully, all school fans will be vocal as some of you guys have been doing for the past. As i mentioned this is a good avenue to post up opinions.

Lets just say that was my rookie mistake.  By the way, sure let me say thanks for helping pave the way for a playoffs. That sure did help. But one quick notation (1990, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003) If you can count right, which i assume you can right????  that banner says 9 and not 15. Better luck with the math next time..

Like a said indeed the season will be just like any other given saturday.

WC11 thanks for the info....

Good day to you all

RFB

I never said Redlands had won 15 SCIAC championships is a row. When I say owned I meant that they have been the dominating program in the SCIAC. When you have doubled the next closest program Laverne (1993, 1994, 1995) in SCIAC championships I would say the rest of the conference has been owned. Just my opinion.

RFB

Oh yeah, I can count just fine. I cannot say the same for your grammar/spelling.