MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: ronk on February 12, 2021, 11:55:55 PM
Ryan,
A reasonable point, but I don't think a zone even with little practice would have been less effective than their man defense was tonight; they also allowed 15 offensive rebounds.
  Drew's Newman looks like a ROY.

Maybe, although zone tends to make it more difficult to box out.  Zone always came pretty easily to me; one of the few basketball skills I actually possessed, but I was always amazed at how much difficulty many of my teammates had in getting it right.  I'm convinced it takes a certain way of looking at the court that just doesn't come naturally to everyone.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Pat Coleman

Quote from: lefty2 on February 13, 2021, 09:24:05 AM
Quote from: ronk on February 12, 2021, 11:55:55 PM
Ryan,
A reasonable point, but I don't think a zone even with little practice would have been less effective than their man defense was tonight; they also allowed 15 offensive rebounds.
  Drew's Newman looks like a ROY.

Practice?  Are you talkin' about practice?

These posters didn't have any practice and they seem to be in mid-season form.

+1
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

saratoga

Credit where credit is due...
Nice turnaround by the Royals today vs. Drew.
Actually played D, boxed out underneath & stopped firing up crazy 3 pointers every chance they could.
Ball movement was great the first 33 minutes.
Baby steps.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: saratoga on February 14, 2021, 08:19:20 PM

Actually played D, boxed out underneath & stopped firing up crazy 3 pointers every chance they could.
Baby steps.

Yes, sir. Good see an intense game between these two teams.  Still no insight into Rovinsky who was on the game notes for this weekend.

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

lefty2

Baby steps.

Who are you and what have you done with Saratoga?   :)
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

ronk

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 14, 2021, 09:02:00 PM

Baby steps.

Yes, sir. Good see an intense game between these two teams.  Still no insight into Rovinsky who was on the game notes for this weekend.

Looked like Ben Bosland on the sideline out of uniform.

NEPAFAN

Can we all agree Masks on the court are useless? Masks need to be worn properly and obviously through the course of 40 minutes, that doesn't happen. I am all for masks on the sidelines, but on the court makes little to no sense.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 16, 2021, 09:03:16 AM
Can we all agree Masks on the court are useless? Masks need to be worn properly and obviously through the course of 40 minutes, that doesn't happen. I am all for masks on the sidelines, but on the court makes little to no sense.

My observation has been that it depends on how much the player wants to wear their mask properly. Most do not, but if you stumble upon the rare player wearing a mask on the court when it's not required, they have no real problem keeping it in place. 
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 16, 2021, 09:03:16 AM

Actually on the court makes more sense than the sideline if you think about it. Most sidelines have seats spread out so no one is close to one another.

Whereas on the court, players are on top of one another and breathing on one another - one of the biggest reasons basketball is considered one of the higher risk sports.

I understand why the need is there for some institutions or conferences to mandate masks (it can even be state or local mandates as we have seen in some places), but there has to be a ramification as well. Warnings to players that if they don't adjust them properly and make an effort to wear them right, then either the game will not continue or maybe even warnings to individuals and then start removing them from the game (maybe in the first half, they are out until the second half; second half they are out for the game). The message is received pretty quick when you start hurting your team or not playing.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

NEPAFAN

I agree Dave, if you are going to wear them wear them the right way and enforce it. Or just drop the requirement. Obviously several games have been cancelled due to contact tracing, and the league is taking it serious.
Vince Lombardi

NJRoyal137

Hello all - Scranton alum checking in as I just discovered how good the Landmark Conference online streams were and can finally watch Royals game again. 2007 grad and big fan of the program.

ronk

Yes, we're thankful for the coverage, even more so now, when we can't attend in-person. BTW, you might know nepafan; he's a grad in the class ahead of you.

NEPAFAN

Welcome to the Scranton board.
Vince Lombardi

NJRoyal137

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 20, 2021, 07:17:39 PM
Welcome to the Scranton board.

Thank you! Go Royals! Here's to the best season possible and hopefully a deep run next season!

ronk

Surprising comeback victory on the road for the Royals after the loss 2 days earlier to the same Catholic team.

Big game left: Drew @ Catholic(Wed) after Catholic hosts Juniata the previous night

Decent probability that Scranton, Drew, and Catholic finish 6-2. Coin toss? for conference  tourney seeding?