MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJRoyal137

Bummer. D1 bowling would be sick.

Awesome to see The U in the top 40 for the D3 Learfield Cup! So what's it going to take to get to top 10?  ;D

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I don't think bowling has divisions. I think everybody competes together.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

NEPAFAN

Quote from: NJRoyal137 on March 31, 2022, 04:09:31 PM
Bummer. D1 bowling would be sick.

Awesome to see The U in the top 40 for the D3 Learfield Cup! So what's it going to take to get to top 10?  ;D

Men's Soccer could start playing like they did in the 1980s for one.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

Men's basketball could start playing like they did in the 1980's as well.  ;D
However, given what we've seen the past 21 years, that most likely won't be happening.
Fifth place in the Landmark...the new normal??

NEPAFAN

I always get these dates confused. Is today the last day to make a decision to attend scranton or is that May 1st?

Hope everyone is doing well!
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

The date used to be 1 May but it's now unspecified in the events for admitted students

NEPAFAN

Thanks Ronk.

Keystone is now an associate member of Landmark for Football, FYI.
Vince Lombardi

lefty2

Quote from: NEPAFAN on April 01, 2022, 01:20:55 PM

Who woulda thunk?

Please delete that post before Saratoga sees it.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

Tim the Enchanter

Quote from: ronk on April 01, 2022, 10:03:31 AM
The date used to be 1 May but it's now unspecified in the events for admitted students

May 1 had been an agreed upon date in college admissions (called the National Candidate's Reply Deadline) by which students needed to respond to an offer of admission.

However, the National Association for College Admission Counseling, which governs such matters, was met with an inquiry by the Department of Justice, saying that it might violate antitrust laws.

So while most colleges are still promoting May 1, there are some that have an earlier or later date...

Tim the Enchanter

6'7" Luke Braaten has committed to Scranton. 

https://twitter.com/jerseyforce_/status/1509927739511427073?s=20&t=kEyq0c6nhf26U2_dFGdTXA

This kid looks like he could be a force in the middle.

NEPAFAN

I believe they were watching him for a while based on their social media likes.

Big talented class, but what can they do with them?
Vince Lombardi

ronk

It's the answer to your request for ideas to pack the Long Center - admit them and put them on the basketball team.   ::)

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: NEPAFAN on April 01, 2022, 01:20:55 PM
Thanks Ronk.

Hmmmmmm...........from "Scranton to the NESCAC, UAA, move up to a Patriot League type level" to the Landmark bringing aboard Keystone. What's next for the Landmark? Bringing on a couple of the Penn State satellite locations, Luzerne County Community College, Clarks Summit, Lackawanna Junior College? I'm kidding (sort of) of course. Next thing you know the Landmark will be sharing a commissioner with another conference. ;)

I hope Saratoga didn't see the Keystone news. Oy Vey!! That's like the NESCAC bringing aboard Fitchburg State!! :) :) :)

ronk

Keystone does have a former player in the original class of the baseball HOF; so they are a "blue-blood" in that sense.  ::)

lefty2

Quote from: ronk on April 02, 2022, 03:02:32 PM
Keystone does have a former player in the original class of the baseball HOF; so they are a "blue-blood" in that sense.  ::)
Maybe his boyhood home of Factoryville is their 'landmark.'
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.