MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, December 17, 2004, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcons 25

Well, Albertus Magnus College beat Keene State, 84-81. AMC was led by Tyreek Perkins with 24 pts.,
including a big 3 & 4 free throws in a row late! Justus Washington had 14 pts. & 10 boards & was a
FORCE in the paint!
Qualon Wilkes, our point guard, had a solid game on both sides of the ball.
TEAM STATS:

49 Rebounds & 15 assists (which is a sight better than their first game!)

Next game: MIDDLEBURY @ home on 12/2/21.

Falcons 25

Excellent performances by Albertus Magnus vs Middlebury & St. Joe`s- Maine.
The results a win & a loss, but what bodes well for the Falcons is their collective
tenacity on defense! This team has no star players, but with the aforementioned
good defense they can compete with anyone.
AMC will struggle scoring against the better teams, in particular in the half court.
That said, Justice Washington & Terry Dawkins, can be a load in the paint. If Davon
Warner can find his stroke from 3 this offense might finally start to cook.
Next game is HUGE as a MUCH IMPROVED Anna Maria team invades THE NEST this
Wednesday, December 8.
LET`S GO, MEN!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Did you miss Monday night's Hoopsville? No worries, you can catch up On Demand or via the podcast!

The final week of the D-III regular season is here. And most conferences are in full voice to determine who will automatically play in NCAA Tournaments.

On Monday's Hoopsville, we get you set for the final week - the final sprint - to the regular season finish line. While most conferences will be crowning champions at the end of the week, some teams have already punched their tickets to March post-season play and others are already on the bubble. We prepare you for the craziest week of every season.

Plus, we chat with teams in Regions 1 and 2, 4, 6, and 8 to see how they are preparing themselves for their conference finishes.

Guests include:

• Heather Macy, Greensboro women's coach
  • Glen Miller, No. 12 St. Joseph's (Conn.) men's coach
  • Pat Coleman, Editor-in-Chief, D3hoops.com
  • Joe Crispin, Rowan men's coach
  • Amanda Leonhard-Perry, St. Norbert women's coach

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the NABC Studio. All guests appear on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline.

Watch the show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/feb21

Podcast here: https://soundcloud.com/hoopsville/1923-conference-races?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

deiscanton

#13 St. Joe's CT just took down #3 UW-Oshkosh Titans today at the Small College Basketball Classic at DII Northern State University in Aberdeen, South Dakota.

USJ defense held UW-Oshkosh to 44 points on 11-36 shooting from the field (30.6%), 3-19 from 3 pt range (15.8%), and 19-28 from the FT line (67.9%).

Oshkosh looked pretty "dubious" today to me-- how can UW-Oshkosh be the preseason #3 in the poll?  Oshkosh Titans had to rely on the charity stripe for almost half of their scoring today, and UW-Oshkosh committed 21 turnovers in the ball game, most of them were as a result of Oshkosh not being able to handle the ball well vs the USJ defense.    USJ only stole the ball 5 times. 

Nevertheless, a significant win today for USJ-- proving that this year's BlueJays team can compete with any DIII team in the country.

Next up tomorrow in Aberdeen, SD for USJ-- a match with Illinois Wesleyan.

PS-- Great video on the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference channel on Roku TV and other internet streaming services, but no commentary, and when the PA address microphone was turned off, the game had no audio.

D3Sportlife

Yes!  It is a great "win" for Northeastern schools over the powers of the Mid-West.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: deiscanton on November 18, 2022, 03:21:53 PM
#13 St. Joe's CT just took down #3 UW-Oshkosh Titans today at the Small College Basketball Classic at DII Northern State University in Aberdeen, South Dakota.

USJ defense held UW-Oshkosh to 44 points on 11-36 shooting from the field (30.6%), 3-19 from 3 pt range (15.8%), and 19-28 from the FT line (67.9%).

Oshkosh looked pretty "dubious" today to me-- how can UW-Oshkosh be the preseason #3 in the poll?  Oshkosh Titans had to rely on the charity stripe for almost half of their scoring today, and UW-Oshkosh committed 21 turnovers in the ball game, most of them were as a result of Oshkosh not being able to handle the ball well vs the USJ defense.    USJ only stole the ball 5 times. 

Nevertheless, a significant win today for USJ-- proving that this year's BlueJays team can compete with any DIII team in the country.

Next up tomorrow in Aberdeen, SD for USJ-- a match with Illinois Wesleyan.

PS-- Great video on the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference channel on Roku TV and other internet streaming services, but no commentary, and when the PA address microphone was turned off, the game had no audio.

Oshkosh will be there when it counts, I think. I'm not sure what's going on there. They started slow vs Lawrence and eventually won, put Jalen Overlay on the map against Calvin, but bounced back with a nice win over Hope, with Evan Thomas. They get dominated by St. Joe CT, but rebound vs a good Neb Wes team with potential AA Peter Lash. They again start out slow vs Edgewood and then end up smoking them in the 2nd half.

I'm confident Oshkosh will still be one of the top teams come season's end.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

deiscanton

Final from Newton, MA tonight:

#1 Univ. of St. Joseph 73, Lasell 66-- Home underdog covers the +24.5 point spread.

The predicted scoreline for tonight's game, courtesy of Matt Snyder's net efficiency handicapping system:

Univ. of St. Joseph 84, Lasell 60

http://tomaroonandgold.blogspot.com/p/division-iii-mens-basketball-efficiency.html

Lasell came into tonight's contest with only a 1% chance to win this game, and was a +24.5 point home underdog.

The predicted tempo of the game was 77 possessions per team, and the predicted over/under total was 144.

USJ had only 72 possessions in the win-- Game tempo a little slower than predicted.

Game total tonight is 137-- Under wins that one.

Had Lasell pulled this one off, it would have been the upset of the season in D3Hoops-- but as it stands, Univ. of St. Joseph still remains undefeated and at #1 in the D3Hoops.com Top 25 poll going into Saturday's contest at Colby-Sawyer.

USJ is now 19-0, 12-0 in GNAC play with 6 games remaining until the GNAC tournament.

Contest was originally scheduled to be played 24 hours earlier, but was postponed to tonight due to weather conditions.

y_jack_lok

Tuned in to the USJ at Colby-Sawyer game. Really loving Colby-Sawyer's announcer!!

deiscanton

Final from Andy Yosinoff Court in Boston, MA-- Emmanuel Senior Day--

Emmanuel 82, St. Joe's Maine 74

With the win, Emmanuel has clinched the GNAC North men's title and will be the #2 overall seed in the GNAC tournament.  As the winner of the GNAC North, Emmanuel has clinched a home court semifinal game in the GNAC tournament on Feb. 23 (assuming Emmanuel wins their home quarterfinal contest on Feb. 21) and will not have to play USJ in the tournament until the GNAC Men's Championship game on Feb. 25, which would be played in West Hartford, CT if the Saints and the Bluejays meet up for the AQ bid and the right to go to the NCAA DIII men's tournament.

The win snaps a 3 game losing streak for the Emmanuel men-- Emmanuel men are now 12-3 in the GNAC North and have a 4 game lead in the division over St. Joe's Maine with 2 games left to play.

Falcons 25

:)A great win tonight for Albertus Magnus College over Emmanuel College. Kevin Crawford w/21 points &
Terry Dawkins w/27 points & 12 boards led the way.
NEXT UP: GNAC CHAMPIONSHIP VS ST. Joseph of West Hartford on Sunday.
               No one will give the Falcons a chance to beat the Blue Jays, the number 1 team in the nation.
               AMC has heart & they will play St. Joes very tough. If they play the better defense, they will
               SHOCK THE D-3 WORLD!!!!

GOOD LUCK, FALCONS ON SUNDAY!

Falcons 25

ALBERTUS MAGNUS COLLEGE HAS SHOCKED THE D-3 WORLD!

AMC: 83
St. Joseph: 79

Falcons are going to the NCAA tournament after a gutsy win over the #1 team in the nation!
Pride wins out on the West Hartford court.

D3Parent1

Congratulations to AMC!  As a a parent of a NESCAC team that has played AMC several times I am impressed but I am not surprised.   The Falcons always bring their A game.   Congratulations again

bluestreak66

Hello!
I admit, I have never been on this board till now, but I was happy to see there is a resident Albertus Magnus poster!
Looking forward to the game tomorrow! I'll be secretly watching it at work lol
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

Falcons 25

Never underestimate your competition, my friend. More battles are lost because of it.
The Falcons will come to play with gusto. Count on it, pal.
I hope the Blue Phantoms show up.