Division III basketball (Posting Up) > General Basketball

DI Coaching ties to DIII

(1/7) > >>

haterinthehouse:
We have seen many DIII Coaches/players make names for themselves at the DI level. Most recently I noticed that Zach Spiker (Ithaca alum & former assistant at Cornell University) was named Head Men's Basketball Coach at Army.

Dave Paulsen made the jump from Williams to Bucknell. Jay Wright once worked at the U of R and is the man at Villanova. I guess even going further, Greg Popovich was long ago the head coach at Ponoma.

What other connections are out there?

Mr. Ypsi:
Perhaps the most prominent link currently would be Wisconsin.  Former coach Dick Bennett coached UW-SP (though they were then NAIA; he was NAIA COY in 1984).  Bennett was succeeded in Madison by Bo Ryan, who won FOUR d3 national titles at UW-Platteville.

dansand:
Augustana's Grey Giovanine left D1 Lamar to come to Augie.

http://www.qctimes.com/sports/college/article_2e7703c7-17f0-59c3-a542-29bc01412491.html

David Collinge:
Virginia Commonwealth's new head coach is Shaka Smart, Kenyon College class of '99.  One of his assistant coaches is Mike Rhoades, Lebanon Valley class of '94 and for ten years the head coach at Randolph-Macon.  VCU's director of basketball operations is Kyle Getter, who has worked at both Wabash and Hanover.  Go Rams!

haterinthehouse:
I just thought of Josh Loeffler as well. He moved from Stevens IT to be an assistant at Lafayette

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version