WBB: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by Bob.Gregg, March 03, 2010, 03:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Saints

Congratulations to the Saints Devin Beasley for being named to the D3 hoops team of the week. Keep dropping those dimes! :D

Go Saints

Well done Saints!  Way to stay focused and win the Conference.  Now it's time to get busy.  Get hungry and show what the Saints are all about! 

Go Saints

Congrats Saints on the #1 Ranking.  Now, go take it to them in the tourney and earn it on the court!!!!!!!!  YOU CAN DO IT!

Go Saints

Good job Saints!  Good luck out west.  Tough travels but you can do it!  Stay focused and play your hearts out! ;)

Go Saints

Congrats Saints on a tremendous season.  Tough loss but you'll recover and move forward!  Very proud of your efforts! 

Go Saints

Congrats to the Saints Sydney Moss, Jenny Burgoyne and Devin Beasley on their all-region selections!  :)

Go Saints

Congrats to the Saints and their first final four appearance!  Well done ladies!  Keep working hard and bring it home!!!!

Pat Coleman

I am so glad that you keep posting. Maybe we can find some more PAC fans to participate!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Go Saints

Congratulation Saints!  Well done.  To the seniors- Stephanie and Sydni, way to lead!  The program was in good hands with you two.   Savor the moment.  What a great accomplishment!!!!!!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

"The off-season is over. The basketball season has arrived, but it can't start without Hoopsville hitting the air! Tune in tonight as Dave talks to the two preseason number one teams, touches base with a major coaching change, checks in with the men's basketball National Committee chair, and previews the Northeast Region.

Show starts at 7PM ET! www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/nov12

Guests include:
- Grey Giovanine, head coach for #1 Augustana men
- Jeff Hans, head coach for #1 Thomas More women
- Brian Van Haaften, men's basketball committee chair and head coach for Buena Vista
- Trevor Woodruff, head coach for Scranton women
- Matt Noonan, Northeast Regional Reporter"

You can also catch up on the Hoopsville New Rules Special we did and published yesterday. We chatted with:
- Bill Raleigh, Southwestern Assistant Athletic Director and former men's basketball coach along with being on the men's rules committee
- Brad Duckworth, Alverno Athletic Director and women's head coach along with being the current chair of the women's rules committee
- Tim Fitzpatrick, Coast Guard Athletic Director

You can watch or listen to that show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/rules-special

AND BIG NEWS... Hoopsville has added Sunday shows to this year's November and December schedule. That means the show will air Thursdays and Sundays from the beginning of the season until the end. Each show will air at 7pm ET (unless noted) with a few shows in November and December being canceled due to holidays or other responsibilities (i.e. Gagliari Trophy and Stagg Bowl Week).

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
SoundCloud (podcast): www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Roundball999

Any word on what's up with Thomas More and Sydney Moss?  Noticed she is not playing and a statement on TMC web site saying she is being held out pending an NCAA review.  I hope whatever is up is resolved quickly, she is fun to watch!

Pat Coleman

Alright, folks -- the NCAA's first women's basketball regional rankings are posted. Check out the full list from D3hoops.com:
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2016/02/10/first-2016-regional-rankings-released-today/
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Bob.Gregg

Acknowledging that I don't spend a lot of time tracking D-III women's hoops, I have to ask...

I think I'm looking at W&J finishing the year 22-5, losing only to the defending National Champion Thomas More (2x in PAC season, 1x in PAC championship game), and to Regionally ranked Carnegie-Mellon (opening night) & LaRoche (a team the Presidents also beat)....

And I'm hearing/reading that 22-5 with that resume won't get W&J in the field as an At-Large team, that the only path to the NCAA tournament for W&J is to win the PAC title....am I reading/hearing that right?

Guess I was hearing/reading that correctly...
Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

Mr. Ypsi

Very sad.  The conference with the greatest player in D3 history (men or women) can't generate more than a single post over her entire senior season. ::)

Folks, Sydney Moss will never come again.  She was the MOST dominant player in the history of D3 (men or women) and there is NOTHING?

Very sad.

bballfan13

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 11, 2016, 11:26:57 PM
Very sad.  The conference with the greatest player in D3 history (men or women) can't generate more than a single post over her entire senior season. ::)

Folks, Sydney Moss will never come again.  She was the MOST dominant player in the history of D3 (men or women) and there is NOTHING?

Very sad.

I would say I'm a bit surprised nothing has been said about Moss this season really (other than the sitting out at the beginning).  But on the other hand I wouldn't call it a huge deal because she and her team get local coverage and their fan support looks to be great as well. Yes it would be nice for us all that hang out here on the message board to have more chatter but what she and her team is doing is by no means going unnoticed.