2010 Alfland Mug

Started by AUPepBand, November 24, 2010, 08:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUPepBand

Because there is confusion in Pep's mind as to where to go to post regarding the NCAA Tournament clash between the Red Dragons and Saxons in Cortland Saturday, Pep thought he'd start a new thread. Let the fun begin!

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

saxontad

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 24, 2010, 08:42:50 AM
Because there is confusion in Pep's mind as to where to go to post regarding the NCAA Tournament clash between the Red Dragons and Saxons in Cortland Saturday, Pep thought he'd start a new thread. Let the fun begin!

On Saxon Warriors!

Pep, any news on our All-Conference offensive tackle?

On Saxon Warriors!!

RedDragonFan

On Saxon Warriors!

Great idea but just one question...

Why not Cortfred?  Top billing goes to the originator I guess!  Just kidding...Alfland is much better and rolls off the tongue even without top billing for Cstate although NBC attorneys might have a problem with that name!  I did find a photo of the perfect referee for the fist annual Alfland Mug game.

Looking like it will be a cold day with some possible snow showers on Saturday which in Cortland can mean 6 inches by half time.  I know CState is used to cold weather and my guess is AU is as well.  Does poor weather favor either team in anyone's mind?

saxontad

Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 24, 2010, 10:23:08 AM

On Saxon Warriors!

Great idea but just one question...

Why not Cortfred?  Top billing goes to the originator I guess!  Just kidding...Alfland is much better and rolls off the tongue even without top billing for Cstate although NBC attorneys might have a problem with that name!  I did find a photo of the perfect referee for the fist annual Alfland Mug game.

Looking like it will be a cold day with some possible snow showers on Saturday which in Cortland can mean 6 inches by half time.  I know CState is used to cold weather and my guess is AU is as well.  Does poor weather favor either team in anyone's mind?

AU is in Allegany County which is known for nasty winters.  The old joke is "Attend Alfred University where the sun comes out once a week."  However, there hasn't really been any games affected by precip this year, so I don't see any advantage either way.  I'm more worried about wind than snow!!

On Saxon Warriors!!

RedDragonFan

I figured as much.  Wind can be a problem in Cortland's stadium.  It's been whipping up pretty substantially lately so happy to hear it might slow down the Saxon's!  ;)

lewdogg11

Who will win the 2010 Alfland statue?

AUPepBand

Quote from: saxontad on November 24, 2010, 09:20:31 AM

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors!!

Knowing that All-Conference offensive tackle, there's nothing gonna stop him from being on the field on Saterday!

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

maxpower

maxpower pouting about the "other" cortland game board:

saxontad

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 24, 2010, 12:04:13 PM
Quote from: saxontad on November 24, 2010, 09:20:31 AM

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors!!

Knowing that All-Conference offensive tackle, there's nothing gonna stop him from being on the field on Saterday!

On Saxon Warriors!

Outstanding!!

dahlby

Love underdogs...everything to gain and nothing to lose. GO AU!

From a West Coast Fan!!!

Get those horns tuned and drum skins tightened!!!

saxontad

Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 24, 2010, 11:35:19 AM
I figured as much.  Wind can be a problem in Cortland's stadium.  It's been whipping up pretty substantially lately so happy to hear it might slow down the Saxon's!  ;)

It might.  Then again, it might not.  And we all seem to be so polite so far.  Not knocking it, just sayin'...

On Saxon Warriors!!

RedDragonFan

Quote from: saxontad on November 24, 2010, 12:46:51 PM

It might.  Then again, it might not.  And we all seem to be so polite so far.  Not knocking it, just sayin'...

On Saxon Warriors!!

Might be the good holiday cheer starting to kick in?

saxontad

Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 24, 2010, 01:01:48 PM
Quote from: saxontad on November 24, 2010, 12:46:51 PM

On Saxon Warriors!!

Might be the good holiday cheer starting to kick in?

I will definitely have some kicking in after work!!

AUKaz00

Quote from: dahlby on November 24, 2010, 12:43:39 PM

From a West Coast Fan!!!

We'd love to, but it seems that Cortland has a no fun, err no band, policy in their Stadium Complex.  Looks like it'll be retro day for the band going back to our all-kazoo roots!
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

maxpower

Quote from: AUKaz00 on November 24, 2010, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: dahlby on November 24, 2010, 12:43:39 PM

From a West Coast Fan!!!

We'd love to, but it seems that Cortland has a no fun, err no band, policy in their Stadium Complex.  Looks like it'll be retro day for the band going back to our all-kazoo roots!

See?!! Cortland sucks!