WBB: MAC Commonwealth

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 12, 2020, 03:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

kate

Widener at the half, ahead by ten!   Go Pride!!!

kate

Widener lost a heart breaker tonight in OT to a very good Albright College team.   Widener played hard til the last second.

kate

Best wish for Widener, an at-large bid to the dance!

VT-Alum-NOVA

Anyone have a good breakdown / summary of Widener team?  CNU has not played them in last decade from what I can tell.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 04, 2020, 10:18:54 AM
Anyone have a good breakdown / summary of Widener team?  CNU has not played them in last decade from what I can tell.

Really good PG, which will be interesting with the CNU pressure.  I've only seen them a couple times and probably couldn't break it down more.  Amherst destroyed them by forcing the rest of the team into poor decisions.  I'll be interested to see if they decide to match pace or try to slow things down a bit.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

VT-Alum-NOVA

I did notice the number of minutes a couple of Widener core/star players played.  CNU tends to keep up a very high pace on both ends of court for entire 40 minutes (including games where they are even up 30+ points).  CNU plays their players more like ice hockey with entire line changes rotating in and out.

gordonmann

When I watched Widener twice this year, I thought they lacked quickness at some positions. On the offensive side, that translated to difficulty creating shots. But, with Captains' Chaos, that could translate to difficulty getting into the half offense.

<This bulletin board material has been provided to any Widener coach or athlete following this board free of charge>

VT-Alum-NOVA

Quote from: gordonmann on March 04, 2020, 06:08:37 PM
When I watched Widener twice this year, I thought they lacked quickness at some positions. On the offensive side, that translated to difficulty creating shots. But, with Captains' Chaos, that could translate to difficulty getting into the half offense.

<This bulletin board material has been provided to any Widener coach or athlete following this board free of charge>
on flip side, there have been multiple teams this year that GOUGED CNU press with way too many easy open, uncontested layups or wide-open uncontested treys.  its feast of famine some quarters

kate

Good Luck Messiah on this Friday the 13th!

kate

kate

ronk

Noticed in the Messiah box score tonight that last season's All-American Leah Springer has returned as a grad student
after missing play in her 3rd academic year with an injury. Best wishes to someone I've watched going back to her AAU days.