D3baseball.com > National topics

2022 Playoffs

(1/10) > >>

Ralph Turner:
Playoff field of 60 teams is announced. There are 14 four-team regional brackets and 2 two-team best-of-5 regional brackets.

In the second weekend, there will be 8 Super Regionals playing best 2-of-3.

Those 8 winners will proceed to the National Championship which will be played in Cedar Rapids IA.

https://www.d3baseball.com/playoffs/2022/2022-playoff-field

Pool B: Salisbury

Pool C: Aurora, Baldwin Wallace, Catholic, Chapman, Christopher Newport, Lynchburg, Montclair St., North Central, Oswego State, Pomona-Pitzer, Rochester (NY), Rowan, Salve Regina, Stevens, SUNY Brockport, Trinity (TX), Wisconsin-Whitewater, Wooster

Ralph Turner:
I love how the Regionals have been seeded. There are so many opportunities for schools to proceed to Cedar Rapids with their nemeses in opposite brackets.

I like how they disbursed the conference and region foes across the brackets. Trinity and Chapman/CalLu/PP/Pacific could meet in the finals. So could Cortland and Oswego; BSC and LaGrange; or Rowan and Montclair... it just goes on.

cubs:

--- Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 16, 2022, 06:31:28 pm ---I love how the Regionals have been seeded. There are so many opportunities for schools to proceed to Cedar Rapids with their nemeses in opposite brackets.

I like how they disbursed the conference and region foes across the brackets. Trinity and Chapman/CalLu/PP/Pacific could meet in the finals. So could Cortland and Oswego; BSC and LaGrange; or Rowan and Montclair... it just goes on.

--- End quote ---
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that isn't the case for Whitewater and Stevens Point... I was hoping one of them would get matched up with the Webster Regional for a trip to Cedar Rapids, but instead they'd have to face each other.

Mr. Ypsi:

--- Quote from: cubs on May 16, 2022, 08:53:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 16, 2022, 06:31:28 pm ---I love how the Regionals have been seeded. There are so many opportunities for schools to proceed to Cedar Rapids with their nemeses in opposite brackets.

--- End quote ---
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that isn't the case for Whitewater and Stevens Point... I was hoping one of them would get matched up with the Webster Regional for a trip to Cedar Rapids, but instead they'd have to face each other.

--- End quote ---

AND both CCIW reps are in those two regionals as well.  I think both the WIAC AND the CCIW got screwed.

D-BAT:
Wonder why the NCAA Reg'l rankings have not been released?

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d3/regional-rankings

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version