General > General Division III issues

New England Collegiate Conference

(1/1)

therealignmentreport1:
The New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) only has 4 full members, which will be down to 3 on July 1st.  They do have 6 affiliates in Men's Volleyball, and  29 affiliates for E-sports.  Every other sport they sponsor have 4 or less. So are they going to fold at some point, or get some additional members?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan):

--- Quote from: therealignmentreport1 on June 23, 2022, 07:12:34 pm ---The New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) only has 4 full members, which will be down to 3 on July 1st.  They do have 6 affiliates in Men's Volleyball, and  29 affiliates for E-sports.  Every other sport they sponsor have 4 or less. So are they going to fold at some point, or get some additional members?

--- End quote ---

The NECC believes they'll have AQs for one more year. As far as I know, the core members plan to find other homes.  The NECC may very well be eSports only this time next year.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh:

--- Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on June 23, 2022, 07:16:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: therealignmentreport1 on June 23, 2022, 07:12:34 pm ---The New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) only has 4 full members, which will be down to 3 on July 1st.  They do have 6 affiliates in Men's Volleyball, and  29 affiliates for E-sports.  Every other sport they sponsor have 4 or less. So are they going to fold at some point, or get some additional members?

--- End quote ---

The NECC believes they'll have AQs for one more year. As far as I know, the core members plan to find other homes.  The NECC may very well be eSports only this time next year.

--- End quote ---

I actually have been meaning to look into this. The rule states that once the core dips below four the AQs are eliminated immediately - no grace period anymore (it is what the former CAC was facing when they merged to create the C2C).

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan):

--- Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 16, 2022, 01:38:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on June 23, 2022, 07:16:16 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I actually have been meaning to look into this. The rule states that once the core dips below four the AQs are eliminated immediately - no grace period anymore (it is what the former CAC was facing when they merged to create the C2C).

--- End quote ---

Yeah, they go under four next year, which is also the third year after they dropped below 6 - so it all comes together at once.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version