31 Trinity(NR)
34 Bridgewater St.(NR)
38 Del Valley(25))
39 Husson(NR)
40 Salisbury(23)

Preseason top 25-No Votes end of season
Albright(16)
Cortland(17)

That makes it 5 East teams in preseason Top 25 and 8 in the end of season poll...a good season for the region

It was great to see those many teams in the rankings, although I felt some should have been higher up. I think Delaware Valley or Salisbury should have replaced St. John Fisher, because I don't think a few voters watch the ECAC bowl games. Hopefully next year the ER continues to become more competitive in region from top to bottom and nationally. However, I do see some big changes coming over the next few years with some teams taking the step back a perennial conference champs and 2nd place teams and others coming back on the scene (i.e. Frostburg and Bridgewater State). Hope everyone enjoy the wonderful weather and Holidays. 

Bartman

Quote from: D3MAFAN on December 19, 2016, 10:59:57 AM
Quote from: Bartman on December 18, 2016, 06:32:25 PM
Final D3.com poll:(preseason in ( ) )

12 Alfred(53)
15Wesley(7)
19 Hobart(29)
20 Stevenson(30)
22 Western NE(NR)
23 Frosty(NR)
24 SLU(34)
25 SJFisher(31)
Getting Votes:
31 Trinity(NR)
34 Bridgewater St.(NR)
38 Del Valley(25))
39 Husson(NR)
40 Salisbury(23)

Albright(16)
Cortland(17)

That makes it 5 East teams in preseason Top 25 and 8 in the end of season poll...a good season for the region

It was great to see those many teams in the rankings, although I felt some should have been higher up. I think Delaware Valley or Salisbury should have replaced St. John Fisher, because I don't think a few voters watch the ECAC bowl games. Hopefully next year the ER continues to become more competitive in region from top to bottom and nationally. However, I do see some big changes coming over the next few years with some teams taking the step back a perennial conference champs and 2nd place teams and others coming back on the scene (i.e. Frostburg and Bridgewater State). Hope everyone enjoy the wonderful weather and Holidays.
This does illustrate how difficult it is to predict the performance of D3 football teams. With the exception of Wesley,no final Top 25 team was picked in preseason . Did the East take a step forward( at least in the 10-25 rankings) or did the other regions take a step back for a year?A fun year, Happy New Year to everyone .
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

wesleydad

Quote from: Bartman on December 22, 2016, 10:24:47 AM
Quote from: D3MAFAN on December 19, 2016, 10:59:57 AM
Quote from: Bartman on December 18, 2016, 06:32:25 PM
Final D3.com poll:(preseason in ( ) )

12 Alfred(53)
15Wesley(7)
19 Hobart(29)
20 Stevenson(30)
22 Western NE(NR)
23 Frosty(NR)
24 SLU(34)
25 SJFisher(31)
Getting Votes:
31 Trinity(NR)
34 Bridgewater St.(NR)
38 Del Valley(25))
39 Husson(NR)
40 Salisbury(23)

Albright(16)
Cortland(17)

This does illustrate how difficult it is to predict the performance of D3 football teams. With the exception of Wesley,no final Top 25 team was picked in preseason . Did the East take a step forward( at least in the 10-25 rankings) or did the other regions take a step back for a year?A fun year, Happy New Year to everyone .

At the top end the East is weak compared to the other regions, but as far as depth goes it may be better than the other regions.  I also am glad that the voters gave some props to WNEW and SLU.  Can they challenge for the national title, no, but they are pretty good teams and deserve the rankings.  The West is loaded at the top but seems to have a drop off after that.  The North also looks top heavy.  The South seems more balanced to me.  Happy New Year to you also.

HScoach

In general I agree with that.   The North is definitely top heavy and historically has been.   West too, but not as bad.   My opinion of the East is, and has been, that it's full of teams around #20 strength.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Bartman

Any interest in keeping this going in 2017?
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bartman on August 31, 2017, 01:32:56 PM
Any interest in keeping this going in 2017?

That AUKaz00 guy will likely pull it together if he'd ever cease playing his Str8 Eight card game. Pep hopes it happens but Kaz00...are you ever on these boards anymore?
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

wesleydad

I am in, but probably dont have time to pull the totals together.

MRMIKESMITH

AUKaz00

Holy cow, there was footbaw last night!!!

Sorry I have been AWOL since December.  Yes, I'll gladly run this again and will reach out to last year's voters again (along with the volunteers here if we need to replace anyone).
Thanks and on Saxon warriors, fight song ready, etc.
-Kaz
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

bman

Kaz 
I'm back from my hiatus last year, and can participate if you need me.

rams1102

Kaz,

Count me in. I will send my Week #1 Poll in this Sunday/Monday. Can I put Montclair in the Top 10. LMFAO. Only Kidding.  ;D

Dave !!!
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

bman

Quote from: rams1102 on September 01, 2017, 12:48:53 PM
Kaz,

Count me in. I will send my Week #1 Poll in this Sunday/Monday. Can I put Montclair in the Top 10. LMFAO. Only Kidding.  ;D

Dave !!!

If the rest of the week pans out like Thursday, that may happen...

wesleydad

Good thing we did not have a preseason poll, would have just made us look bad.  This week will be very interesting.  Best team I saw was Brockport, I did not see the Frostburg win over Stevenson.  I figure we will be all over the place with the voting.

wesleydad

I am really looking forward to the poll this week.  I think it will lead to plenty of discussion.  I dropped all but one team that lost out of the top 10.  Had a hard time figuring out who to put in the top 10.  I used the kickoff top 50 and them went from there.

ITH radio

Quote from: wesleydad on September 02, 2017, 06:10:15 PM
Good thing we did not have a preseason poll, would have just made us look bad.  This week will be very interesting.  Best team I saw was Brockport, I did not see the Frostburg win over Stevenson.  I figure we will be all over the place with the voting.

I watched that game, and they looked good. Most impressive team I think may have been Delval. Their defense looked very strong.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle