MIAC in-game updates board

Started by Pat Coleman, September 01, 2011, 01:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sju56321

Good run by QB.
Is it really that bad for SJU-not hitting in practice-Mark is making excuses.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

sju56321

Excellent-love the option! At the 9-punch it in.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

sju56321

That was funny-threw it to a fan.

tmerton

Quote from: sju56321 on September 03, 2011, 02:21:17 PM
Good run by QB.
Is it really that bad for SJU-not hitting in practice-Mark is making excuses.

No, I think it is an issue for the first game.  From what I've seen it takes the kids a bit of time to readjust.  They're never shy about hitting, but I do think it takes a bit of time.

sju56321

bennie

+k to everyone for the first SJU TD of the season!
High sticking, tripping, slashing, spearing, charging, hooking, fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, interference, roughing... everything else is just figure skating.  ~Author Unknown

tmerton

Quote from: sju56321 on September 03, 2011, 02:25:56 PM
TD! Halfback pass-great!

I wonder how many of those Harry has thrown.  At least 3 I think.

hazzben

29 yd completion to TE Wright, BU driving again.

57Johnnie

Quote from: bennie on September 03, 2011, 02:26:23 PM
Same way from here ;D
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

sju56321

That is a kinda scary thought-the no hitting makes that big a difference. But I remember games when SJU played a tough opponent at opening game and didn't seem like a problem. But SJU wins-so guess the trade off is worth it-minimize injuries in practice and start a little slowly in the first game.

hazzben

Quote from: 57Johnnie on September 03, 2011, 02:28:18 PM
Quote from: bennie on September 03, 2011, 02:26:23 PM
Same way from here ;D

Likewise, looks like the MIAC is picking up where it left off

sju56321

What does everyone think-first TD pass of season thrown by running back. Wonder if that is an omen?

retagent

I'm out of practice. Was on the main board. Here now after  rainout of big money Labor Day Golf match.

bennie

Quote from: sju56321 on September 03, 2011, 02:30:30 PM
What does everyone think-first TD pass of season thrown by running back. Wonder if that is an omen?
We have options! ;D
High sticking, tripping, slashing, spearing, charging, hooking, fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, interference, roughing... everything else is just figure skating.  ~Author Unknown

sju56321