FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Boggs

Should be basketball games on this evening.
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Jack Parkman

You guys are correct, hoops being played right now and the video comes in very clear.  Audio is a little off but a great production all around.  Nice looking arena you have there.

D O.C.

Just my experience with LINFIELD. The games began on Stretch and were free. Then an $8.00 per game fee was charged. That is the price of a general admission ticket. OK. Then it jumped 50% to $12.00. Even a winless opponent was $12.
If technical difficulties arose there was no recourse until the 2017 season when they gave credit back to your credit card. I don't know how it was handled for the "Season Pass" holders of all home games.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Warren Thompson

Quote from: Ralph Turner on January 25, 2018, 10:52:25 AM
Quote from: skunks_sidekick on January 25, 2018, 10:17:02 AM
Hello Texas Folks!

I was down in Austin for a few days earlier in the week for work, and I made sure I partook in authentic Texas BBQ.  I ate at a place called Black's BBQ, and thinking that I wanted to make sure I sampled more than a few things I ordered quite the tray.  The brisket was great, and the smoked sausage didn't disappoint.  I shot a picture of my tray to the wife, and she just about broke my ears yelling at me "that's not on your diet!" 

I wanted to take a quick trip up the road to Belton, but didn't get the chance.  I should be down there a few more times this year, and plan on checking out the Cruthedral.
Eat some Tex-Mex while you are there.

I also recommend that you try to get down to Gruene Hall in Gruene TX, south of Austin (pronounced green like the color).

Amen to that. Gruene is a very nice place. Good steaks,  dining above the river, and shops for shopping and spending.

HSUCowboy2015

The word around the HSU campus and the football field house has HSU opening up the season in San Antonio versus Trinity.
Stay Purple

crufootball

Quote from: HSUAlum255 on January 31, 2018, 09:37:37 AM
The word around the HSU campus and the football field house has HSU opening up the season in San Antonio versus Trinity.

Great news for both programs, two solid programs and they don't have to travel very far. Win-Win.

CowboyAlum261

Quote from: HSUAlum255 on January 31, 2018, 09:37:37 AM
Glad to hear it, I'd love to never see an NAIA team on our schedule again. Trinity is an excellent program and should be a great early season test.

D O.C.

;D it's called proofreading, Pat.

I'll fix it in a while.

Ralph Turner

In case you missed it, Nick Foles, MVP of LII, was a 2007 grad of Austin Westlake HS.

Now Westlake has had 2 Super Bowl MVPs (also Drew Brees).

roocru

Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 05, 2018, 09:46:56 PM
In case you missed it, Nick Foles, MVP of LII, was a 2007 grad of Austin Westlake HS.

The head coach for both of these guys was Derek Long.  He is a great coach and was on my staff for one year during my first head coaching job.  He left to get back to his home area of Austin.  My loss and his gain!!  :)
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: roocru on February 06, 2018, 04:27:32 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 05, 2018, 09:46:56 PM

The head coach for both of these guys was Derek Long.  He is a great coach and was on my staff for one year during my first head coaching job.  He left to get back to his home area of Austin.  My loss and his gain!!  :)
Well roocru, we all know that a really successive coach had to have been on your staff for 1-2 years to learn how really to win!

DFWCrufan

Signing day signing day! (yeah I know DIII does not fit into that category but we can still have fun with the letters of intent

Alot of kids out of Texas going to local schools - Sul Ross has been busy - HPU has a surprisingly large group saying they will attend and play in 2018 so i will drop vids, names and the schools they are coming from, alot can happen before season kicks off but we can enjoy this down time.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

DFWCrufan

This is a nice little package by a local school program outlining the intents.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=117&v=4cLwiEk_Jkc
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

DFWCrufan

Ok so a BIG season for kids committing (so far) to DIII schools in the ASC. Here is a quick breakdown

Louisiana College
Gladewater HS
Fernando Serrano 
Mycha Stephens 
Andrew Williams  http://www.hudl.com/profile/4570259/Colby-Adams

Mansfield Lake Ridge HS
Colby Adams  http://www.hudl.com/profile/4570259/Colby-Adams
Jekovye Johnson

ETBU
Frankston HS
Kaden Loebig
Garrett Lybrand  http://www.hudl.com/profile/6133328/Garrett-Lybrand