Author Topic: FB: American Southwest Conference  (Read 2024486 times)

Offline DFWCrufan

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: FB: American Southwest Conference
« Reply #19590 on: January 11, 2018, 06:34:44 pm »
Could be academically motivated Engineering type emphasis perhaps, but with a new class coming in, the Cru still have Tevin Muse for a year as well as CR3 for 3 years, the competition could be tight if even more good hands players show up. UMHB has to develop their Offense and keep their defense bolstered as well. Special teams will be a new group with Bryce now gone so lets face it, 2018 is going to be new names, faces and abilities.

8 Year Member of the CRU-Nation!

Offline Toby Taff

• All-American
  • Downtown Abilene @ night
    • View Profile
« Reply #19591 on: January 11, 2018, 07:24:01 pm »
As i said on twitter when i first saw this report, itís fair to say Kyle will probably be the only red raider to graduate with a National Championship Ring.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Offline umhb2001

• All-Region
  • CRUising to Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #19592 on: January 11, 2018, 09:09:08 pm »
Kyle wasn't outstanding. He had one great game, but overall, he didn't blow anyone away. If the move is athletically motivated, it is questionable, and if it is educational, then I understand. Either way, he wasn't in the plans for UMHB as he didn't start the season and couldn't do anything against UMU. I hope for him all the best, either way.

Hopefully it means we have some great guys coming up. 
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
« Reply #19593 on: January 12, 2018, 08:38:36 am »
In fairness, he was in no position to succeed against Mount Union -- thrown in in the middle of the game, backed up against the goal line, without his top receiving threat.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline DFWCrufan

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19594 on: January 12, 2018, 09:11:57 am »
True that Pat, I think it was a what the heck, give er a shot moment...at that point UMU was a pitbull on steroids chasing an open back meat wagon full of porterhouse steaks. There was no denying at the 4th they ramped up their defensive game to 11 so Kyle was in a really bad position. I wish the young man well and hope he finds what he is seeking.
8 Year Member of the CRU-Nation!

Offline Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19595 on: January 15, 2018, 03:41:24 pm »
Cold weather coming...
I looked on the wind chill map from Plymouth State Univeristy (NH). At 2PM the wind chill is 65 in Odessa/Midland.  85 miles to the northwest in Hobbs NM, the wind chill is 36 degrees.

Offline umhb2001

• All-Region
  • CRUising to Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #19596 on: January 16, 2018, 12:27:00 pm »
In fairness, he was in no position to succeed against Mount Union -- thrown in in the middle of the game, backed up against the goal line, without his top receiving threat.

I agree with your assessment of the UMU game, so I will give him that, but lets look back at what we DO know. The best WR option was moved to QB even though he hadn't played that position in several years, Kyle had one breakout game during the year that showed some promise, but in the end, a guy started playing ahead of him who had number 30 which means he wasn't even a foreseeable option going into the year.  Kyle was good when given time, but if he had to scramble, he was a dead duck.

I wish him all the best as well, but lets not glamorize the situation...Kyle had a chance to win the starting job and didn't do it. There is a reason for that.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!