FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Taff

As i said on twitter when i first saw this report, it's fair to say Kyle will probably be the only red raider to graduate with a National Championship Ring.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

umhb2001

Kyle wasn't outstanding. He had one great game, but overall, he didn't blow anyone away. If the move is athletically motivated, it is questionable, and if it is educational, then I understand. Either way, he wasn't in the plans for UMHB as he didn't start the season and couldn't do anything against UMU. I hope for him all the best, either way.

Hopefully it means we have some great guys coming up. 
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Pat Coleman

In fairness, he was in no position to succeed against Mount Union -- thrown in in the middle of the game, backed up against the goal line, without his top receiving threat.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

DFWCrufan

True that Pat, I think it was a what the heck, give er a shot moment...at that point UMU was a pitbull on steroids chasing an open back meat wagon full of porterhouse steaks. There was no denying at the 4th they ramped up their defensive game to 11 so Kyle was in a really bad position. I wish the young man well and hope he finds what he is seeking.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Ralph Turner

Cold weather coming...
I looked on the wind chill map from Plymouth State Univeristy (NH). At 2PM the wind chill is 65 in Odessa/Midland.  85 miles to the northwest in Hobbs NM, the wind chill is 36 degrees.

umhb2001

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 12, 2018, 08:38:36 AM
In fairness, he was in no position to succeed against Mount Union -- thrown in in the middle of the game, backed up against the goal line, without his top receiving threat.

I agree with your assessment of the UMU game, so I will give him that, but lets look back at what we DO know. The best WR option was moved to QB even though he hadn't played that position in several years, Kyle had one breakout game during the year that showed some promise, but in the end, a guy started playing ahead of him who had number 30 which means he wasn't even a foreseeable option going into the year.  Kyle was good when given time, but if he had to scramble, he was a dead duck.

I wish him all the best as well, but lets not glamorize the situation...Kyle had a chance to win the starting job and didn't do it. There is a reason for that.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Kelly Boggs

UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

DFWCrufan

Yeaaaaaaaay! no more chromecasting

D O.C.

Careful until you find out if there'll be a hefty charge to view games.

skunks_sidekick

Hello Texas Folks!

I was down in Austin for a few days earlier in the week for work, and I made sure I partook in authentic Texas BBQ.  I ate at a place called Black's BBQ, and thinking that I wanted to make sure I sampled more than a few things I ordered quite the tray.  The brisket was great, and the smoked sausage didn't disappoint.  I shot a picture of my tray to the wife, and she just about broke my ears yelling at me "that's not on your diet!" 

I wanted to take a quick trip up the road to Belton, but didn't get the chance.  I should be down there a few more times this year, and plan on checking out the Cruthedral.

DFWCrufan

Quote from: D O.C. on January 24, 2018, 07:19:20 PM
I don't have an issue paying a ticket price to see UMHB, UMU, Linfield or St.Thomas and maybe some other games that I think personally are worth it and as long as the broadcast is worth it. However, to try to ask for a ticket price for say an Oxy game..(I'd rather watch a Jr. High game) I guess I'm saying the ticket price to view online would be ok for me if the experience

Ralph Turner

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on January 25, 2018, 10:17:02 AM
Hello Texas Folks!

I was down in Austin for a few days earlier in the week for work, and I made sure I partook in authentic Texas BBQ.  I ate at a place called Black's BBQ, and thinking that I wanted to make sure I sampled more than a few things I ordered quite the tray.  The brisket was great, and the smoked sausage didn't disappoint.  I shot a picture of my tray to the wife, and she just about broke my ears yelling at me "that's not on your diet!" 

I wanted to take a quick trip up the road to Belton, but didn't get the chance.  I should be down there a few more times this year, and plan on checking out the Cruthedral.
Eat some Tex-Mex while you are there.

I also recommend that you try to get down to Gruene Hall in Gruene TX, south of Austin (pronounced green like the color).

Ron Boerger

The content is available now, so at least in theory one could pull up one of the apps and see if there is a charge to see the winter/spring sports that are being broadcast (if any).  I tried pulling up "UMHB Cru" on my Apple TV app and no results were found. 

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Ron Boerger on January 25, 2018, 11:53:22 AM

The content is available now, so at least in theory one could pull up one of the apps and see if there is a charge to see the winter/spring sports that are being broadcast (if any).  I tried pulling up "UMHB Cru" on my Apple TV app and no results were found.

I have a Roku and have the UMHB network but have not watched anything on it yet.  It was free to add to my DirectTVNOW and there was nothing else to do.  I'll have to see if there is anything scheduled coming up and report back.

cover2

Quote from: Jack Parkman on January 25, 2018, 05:30:03 PM
Quote from: Ron Boerger on January 25, 2018, 11:53:22 AM

I have a Roku and have the UMHB network but have not watched anything on it yet.  It was free to add to my DirectTVNOW and there was nothing else to do.  I'll have to see if there is anything scheduled coming up and report back.

As far as I can tell, it will all be free content...they already stream everything, this is just another outlet to see it.  FWIW, there are home basketball games tonight so you could watch them.