FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on October 18, 2018, 01:22:46 PM
#28 Matt Garcia Sophomore listed as Backup RB this week.

Garcia has been entering games earlier and earlier so this seems to have been coming for a bit. 

Blutarsky

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on October 18, 2018, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: Blutarsky on October 18, 2018, 01:29:07 PM
Adam Rittenberg (ESPN) also reporting that VK will be a "potential candidate" at BG......I guess if you throw enough darts, you eventually get a bullseye.

It's going to be Bo Pelini, his Nebraska contract stops paying out after this year and YSU will no longer be able to keep him. And since Carl Pelini is the current interim, it'll be a natural transition.

I would rather it be @FauxPelini.  He is more interesting.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
                         --Dean Wormer

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: Dr. Acula on October 18, 2018, 02:16:10 PM
Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on October 18, 2018, 01:22:46 PM
#28 Matt Garcia Sophomore listed as Backup RB this week.

Garcia has been entering games earlier and earlier so this seems to have been coming for a bit.

Noticed this as well. Not sure if it's because JEM hasn't been favored or injured, but I've been intrigued by Garcia since he's been at UMU.

On the VK Keating possibility. I'm sure he'd take a couple of current staff members with him. I could see someone like Sirianni or Jason Lewis be favored. There are so many UMU guys with experience now that understand how to recruit, coach and most important, the Mount culture and way. Here's to hoping VK stays tough!

buddy34

evans-morris was injured last week, so i'm assuming that's still the case.

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: buddy34 on October 18, 2018, 05:22:05 PM
evans-morris was injured last week, so i'm assuming that's still the case.

Didn't know that. I thought I saw him 2nd on the depth chart last week. Hope he heals up.

raiderpa

Was not aware of Caruso's situation with his wife.  Thoughts and prayers his way.  Got to be very difficult to coach, recruit, scout, etc., for him at the moment. 
I seriously doubt Vince would leave, but if so, another hypothetical, LK as his offensive coordinator.  He is old enough to draw retirement from Mount and go coach with his son.  Dartt would definitely go if health permits, and I believe Kappas would be Mount successor.
I would not wish the YSU job on anyone. 
What is with Toledo at 3 and 3?  That will not sit well with alums used to winning.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: raiderpa on October 18, 2018, 06:21:15 PM
Was not aware of Caruso's situation with his wife.  Thoughts and prayers his way.  Got to be very difficult to coach, recruit, scout, etc., for him at the moment. 
I seriously doubt Vince would leave, but if so, another hypothetical, LK as his offensive coordinator.  He is old enough to draw retirement from Mount and go coach with his son.  Dartt would definitely go if health permits, and I believe Kappas would be Mount successor.
I would not wish the YSU job on anyone. 
What is with Toledo at 3 and 3?  That will not sit well with alums used to winning.

What's wrong with YSU? They were the team of the 90s in FCS They have a legitimate legacy and one of the biggest stadiums in fcs. Plus they made it to the championship game in 2016.

It's not like they are Akron or something.

Sorry I'm a bit biased. My mom teaches there :)

raiderpa

Nothing wrong with YSU academically they have grown tremendously, I got my Masters and Doctorate there and grew up in Columbiana County, however, other than the Tressel years, it has not been a friendly place for quite a few coaches.  I don't see a great chance of national success there, could be wrong.  Tressel was special, and I believe he wants to bring it back, but the city and its suburbs, have struggled since steel left and the big support hasn't shown up, from what I have seen.  Again, could be wrong here, just my opinion.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: raiderpa on October 18, 2018, 08:00:40 PM
Nothing wrong with YSU academically they have grown tremendously, I got my Masters and Doctorate there and grew up in Columbiana County, however, other than the Tressel years, it has not been a friendly place for quite a few coaches.  I don't see a great chance of national success there, could be wrong.  Tressel was special, and I believe he wants to bring it back, but the city and its suburbs, have struggled since steel left and the big support hasn't shown up, from what I have seen.  Again, could be wrong here, just my opinion.

I got my masters at YSU And live in columbiana! Forget the other stuff, I never knew I had so much in common with you raiderpa lol!!!

pradierguy

Adam Rittenberg (ESPN) also reporting that VK will be a "potential candidate" at BG......I guess if you throw enough darts, you eventually get a bullseye.

It's going to be Bo Pelini, his Nebraska contract stops paying out after this year and YSU will no longer be able to keep him. And since Carl Pelini is the current interim, it'll be a natural transition.

I don't think this will be the case at all. If Bo leaves YSU, it'll be for a better gig than BGSU.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: pradierguy on October 19, 2018, 10:45:30 AM

I don't think this will be the case at all. If Bo leaves YSU, it'll be for a better gig than BGSU.

I think a MAC school is about the best offer he's gonna get right now. Unless he decides to be a coordinator somewhere else. I don't think he'd wait around at YSU making 250k a year when he'd make twice as  much in the MAC

raiderpa

I think Pelini's ship has sailed and YSU is as good as it gets for him.  A coordinator is a long shot, too,IMO. His control and temper issues, along with a rumored inability to plat the politically correct game with boosters and such doesn't give him a leg up anywhere.

Craft_Beermeister

There is a lot of talk on social media that Hue Jackson is on the hot seat and possible replacements being mentioned by NFL insiders Josh McDaniels and Lincoln Riley. However lately there is another potential candidate that is starting to get a lot of notice.  It is being reported that folks close to John Dorsey have a high appreciation of Matt Campbell.

I also have a high appreciation of Matt's coaching skills. I take him in a heartbeat to be the Browns next head coach. Heck, l'd be on board for Matt Campbell  replacing Urban Meyer when he steps down.

MUC57

Craft Beermeister

^^ YEAH❗️
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

raiderpa

The history of college coaches going to the NFL is not too positive, and NFL players are not going to buy in to rah rah stuff that college coaches serve up.  Different game, different mindset.  Although I think Campbell is a tremendous college coach, I see nothing that would lead me to believe he would do well at the next level.