FB: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADL70

From the TMC release: "The ACAA sponsors conference tournaments, but no regular season competition in eight sports: women's and men's cross country, women's and men's soccer, women's volleyball, women's and men's basketball and softball."

d3sports.com Feb 17, 2017:  "With seven schools, the conference would be eligible for automatic bids in 2019-20 in the sports which all schools offer. Notably, basketball is not one of them."

Doesn't seem like it's even much of a short-term solution.  I may be missing something, but I don't see any real advantage over continuing as an independent.

As I recall, Nebraska Wesleyan was once a dual member of both NAIA and NCAA DIII.  Is that still an option?
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

ITH radio

Frank's analysis on the TMC situation was this:

No info re: @tmcsaints football. 4 choices exist based on announcement:

1) Find a #d3fb conf. (so far, fruitless);
2) Remain a #d3fb Independent ($$ & tough scheduling);
3) Disband football (unlikely); or
4) Join @TheNCCAA for football (dual membership permitted)

He views scenario 4 the most likely one btw.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Ron Boerger

Quote from: ITH radio on July 06, 2018, 03:53:02 PM
Frank's analysis on the TMC situation was this:

No info re: @tmcsaints football. 4 choices exist based on announcement:

1) Find a #d3fb conf. (so far, fruitless);
2) Remain a #d3fb Independent ($$ & tough scheduling);
3) Disband football (unlikely); or
4) Join @TheNCCAA for football (dual membership permitted)

He views scenario 4 the most likely one btw.

I can't see being a member of a league with 20 football schools being terribly satisfying for a school like TMC.

E.115

Preseason:

http://www.d3football.com/top25/2018/preseason

#15 Washington and Jefferson
#23 Case Western Reserve

Exciting both schools play each other again this year.  @ W & J.

DagarmanSpartan

Wow!

I'm really surprised to see CWRU ranked in the pre-season Top 25 after losing Cuda and so many other key players.

I really thought that this would be a rebuilding year.

I somehow doubt that the Spartans will be able to live up to that, though I'm always hopeful that they will.

Who does CWRU have waiting in the wings to be the new QB?  Does anyone else besides me see a drop-off from last season?

ADL70

PAC Media Day Aug 2
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

Bob.Gregg

QB Drew Saxton, freshman, out of South Fayette, will be in camp with CWRU
Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

ADL70

That's good news. A "commit" is not a guarantee.
Potentially there will be seven vying to replace Cuda.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

CWRU reported via twitter that over 80 prospects from 19 states were at its one day HS camp today.  Numbers bolstered no doubt by promise of Jim Harbaugh attending.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

MUC57

All CWRU fans

Been reading some of your posts. Players like Cuda are always hard to replace. However; sounds like you'll have a group from which to choose a successor .
I've been a fan for many years. Superior academic school, Ohio school close to Alliance, well known around the nation. What's not to love? Also, way back in 1952, I applied to a school by the name of Case Institute of Technology. As I recall, and I hope I'm right, I was accepted. Easier, and cheaper to stay home so went to Mount Union.
Ah but I digress. Want to wish you the best in 2018. I have a feeling you'll do OK! See you in the playoffs? Go Spartans! 🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

ADL70

Thanks for checking in.

A game between Mt Union and Wittenberg in 1958 was the first college football game I ever attended. I was ten.  BTW Witt won 66-8
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

E.115

Quote from: MUC57 on July 15, 2018, 04:51:52 PM

All CWRU fans

Been reading some of your posts. Players like Cuda are always hard to replace. However; sounds like you'll have a group from which to choose a successor .
I've been a fan for many years. Superior academic school, Ohio school close to Alliance, well known around the nation. What's not to love? Also, way back in 1952, I applied to a school by the name of Case Institute of Technology. As I recall, and I hope I'm right, I was accepted. Easier, and cheaper to stay home so went to Mount Union.
Ah but I digress. Want to wish you the best in 2018. I have a feeling you'll do OK! See you in the playoffs? Go Spartans! 🏈

Thanks for the GREAT comment.  I've always rooted for MU these past couple of decades for the fact they're a fellow Northeast Ohio team...plus a team to emulate and take pride in.

CWRU's respect for MU is evident even at the highest levels, with our Head Coach Greg Debeljak reaching out to then Coach Larry Kehres a couple of years ago for offense advice / friendly chatting.  Heck, Kevin Burke is now on the Spartan coaching staff!  Who knows if it was because of friendly engagement / mutual respect between Debeljak and Kehres.

I love history:

Case Tech and Mount Union go way back...the historical marker outside of Mount Union Stadium references it's inaugural game against Case:

http://www.remarkableohio.org/picture.php?/9605

Also interesting, both schools have football histories dating back to the early 1890s:

Mount Union: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Union_Purple_Raiders_football

Case Western Reserve: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Western_Reserve_Spartans_football

MUC57

ADL70

66-8 in 1958? Ouch! Of course, in those days, everyone beat Mount. In the four years I was there, Mount won a total of 10 games. That's the total for the four years. Now that's a regular season.
I hope sometime in your life you watched Mount win a game - to kinda balance out your experience.
Ah well, in any case, Go Spartans. Go Raiders. And, as I often say, Go Everybody! ☠🏈

MUC57

E.115

What great references you put in your post. i learned and re-learned many interesting facts on both schools. That 1913 game, in Mount's new stadium, makes the relationship between the two schools very special.
Case Western certainly is highly respected around the country and even outside the USA. A source of pride for Northeast Ohio. And yes, Kevin Burke is on the football staff. He wasn't a bad player when he was a Purple Raider. Let's see, two Gagliardi awards as Dlll's best, numerous passing achievements, etc. I'll bet he is OK as a coach.
Anyhoo! Best on the season to the Spartans. See ya in the playoffs. Great chatting with you! ☠🏈

Oh! Gave you a +k for the outstanding references in your post. Hope lots of people look at them.