MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

La Crosse tops Eau Claire 58-39 after leading just 29-24 at the break.

https://www.d3hoops.com/seasons/men/2018-19/boxscores/20190109_632i.xml?view=boxscore

Whitewater cruises past Stout 83-60. They were up 14 at intermission.

https://www.d3hoops.com/seasons/men/2018-19/boxscores/20190109_85aj.xml?view=boxscore

The Pioneers took out The Falcons, 74-64. They were up 4 going into the second half.

https://www.d3hoops.com/seasons/men/2018-19/boxscores/20190109_zgcy.xml

Oshkosh topped Stevens Point 78-68. The Titans held a 7-point advantage heading to the locker rooms. For the game, Oshkosh shot 12-24 from beyond the are. Point shot just 5-21.

https://www.d3hoops.com/seasons/men/2018-19/boxscores/20190109_h5v9.xml?view=boxscore
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Oshkosh (4-0) travels to Whitewater (1-3). The Warhawks are probably in a must-win situation.

Stevens Point (3-1) hosts La Crosse (4-0) as the Eagles try to keep pace with the Titans.

Eau Claire heads to Platteville in a battle of 2-2 teams.

River Falls welcomes Stout in a matchup of winless (0-4) teams.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 14, 2018, 02:05:35 PM
Only one game today, Luther at La Crosse. I think the Eagles are going to surprise some folks this year. No surprising needed to top the Norse though.

Well, I didn't think La Crosse would be 5-0 after beating my Pointers. Wow! Their nc wasn't anything special. In fact 3 of their 4 losses weren't very promising. All four losses were on the road, but they lost to Ripon and Elmhurst by single digits and got blown out at Central. Their only excusable loss was at St. John's. However, they've turned it up in league play and now are tied with Oshkosh.

I knew I remembered thinking that I posted my feelings about La Crosse, but wasn't sure if I actually did. I wasn't going to go through all the pages since the beginning of November, but then I realized it goes back only ten pages! For the whole season so far?? That's embarrassing and disappointing, to be honest.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

For tomorrow, if anyone cares... ???

La Crosse (5-0) at Oshkosh (5-0)

Whitewater (1-4) at River Falls (1-4)

Stout (0-5) at Eau Claire (2-3)

Platteville (3-2) at Stevens Point (3-2)
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 18, 2019, 07:41:25 AM

I care about one of those games.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 19, 2019, 08:45:28 AM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 18, 2019, 07:41:25 AM

I care about one of those games.

So are you pulling for the Warhawks or Falcons then?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Smitty Oom

I am rooting for LAX, I like when teams come out of no where and have great seasons. A win (or even keep it close) today would really solidify them being contenders in the WIAC. Anybody seeing them pulling the upset today?

Greek Tragedy

Oshkosh wins. Whitewater edges River Falls. Point down 31-23 at halftime. Ouch. Doesn't look good the the Dawgs.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Point loses by 1. Some reckless ball handling and poor defense doom the Pointers in the last minute. They blow a late 56-52 lead, take a one-point lead with 7 seconds to go and then basically split the Red Sea for an easy put back. Turnover to end any hopes.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

fredfalcon

The way Point played at RF, they looked unbeatable. They must have been at their best that night.

Hats off to Julian Jackson, jr., as he erupted for 29 points, 13 rebounds (10 offensive) on 12/21 shooting in 29 minutes. He had his best game as a Falcon and was the best player on the floor.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

Greek Tragedy

Well, it's Wednesday, so may as well get this board's token post up.

Eau Claire 3-3 at Oshkosh 6-0

The Titans are cruising after dispatching La Crosse over the weekend...and why shouldn't they? They have the best team in the league, again, led by Tim Dworak. He's been basically unstoppable. DJ Marsh has been slashing all season long as well. With Kerry Gibson manning the middle, Oshkosh doesn't seem to have a weakness. The Blugolds come in at just 3-3 and that's hard to imagine with the likes of Jon Wallenfelsz and Sherm Cartensen leading the way. Stevens Point product George Diekelman sets the table, but this trio needs more help.

Whitewater 2-4 at Platteville 4-2
The Pioneers got a huge win at Point last weekend and look to build on that at home. Jeff Skemp leads the way, while Tyler Selk also provides scoring. Robert Duax completes the tripod of offense, though Platteville still relies on defense to get the job done. What's wrong with Whitewater? You would think a team run by Quardell Young would be better than 2-4. With the likes of Aubrey Lewis-Byers grabbing every rebound in sight and Myles McKay shooting the rock, the Warhawks should be cruising past conference foes. Whitewater always has a ton of talent but they just need to work together.

River Falls 1-5 at La Crosse 5-1
The Eagles are the surprise team so far this season. But why should they be with Joe Warner setting up shop in the paint. Trevor Stratton continues to light it up from the outside and Casey Taggatz is running the show like a fine-tuned engine. Can anyone stop them, besides Oshkosh? The Falcons could be the biggest disappointment. Rich Melzer is being Rich Melzer, but Jon Christensen is in a slump and Jontae Koonkaew has been slowed by injury.

Stevens Point 3-3 at Stout 0-6
Point is in a slump, but you can't blame Jason Kalsow or Josh Iserloth for that. They have been a two-man wrecking crew. The injury to Eric Maus may cause concern, but the Pointers have a capable replacement in John Gleich, who has been ready to take the next step. They'll need him if they are going to break out of this mini-slump. Despite being 0-6, the Blue Devils are never ones to take lightly, especially when you have Jacob Nonemacher hosting block parties every game day. With Jerrel Enerson-Matthews and Eric Hostetter firing away, Stout can put up some big numbers. The problem is, they can't stop anyone.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 23, 2019, 12:06:58 PM
Well, it's Wednesday, so may as well get this board's token post up.

Eau Claire 3-3 at Oshkosh 6-0

The Titans are cruising after dispatching La Crosse over the weekend...and why shouldn't they? They have the best team in the league, again, led by Tim Dworak. He's been basically unstoppable. DJ Marsh has been slashing all season long as well. With Kerry Gibson manning the middle, Oshkosh doesn't seem to have a weakness.

... aside from the fact that they don't sell Miller Lite in Lithuania.

The Blugolds come in at just 3-3 and that's hard to imagine with the likes of Jon Wallenfelsz and Sherm Cartensen leading the way. Stevens Point product George Diekelman sets the table, but this trio needs more help.

Whitewater 2-4 at Platteville 4-2
The Pioneers got a huge win at Point last weekend and look to build on that at home. Jeff Skemp leads the way, while Tyler Selk also provides scoring. Robert Duax completes the tripod of offense, though Platteville still relies on defense to get the job done. What's wrong with Whitewater? You would think a team run by Quardell Young would be better than 2-4. With the likes of Aubrey Lewis-Byers grabbing every rebound in sight and Myles McKay shooting the rock, the Warhawks should be cruising past conference foes. Whitewater always has a ton of talent but they just need to work together.

I like what UWW brings to the table here, because you neglected to mention that James Stewart, Jeremy Manchester, and Matt Goodwin could collectively make a big difference in this game for the Warhawks. On the UW-Platteville side, watch out for Merrill Brunson. He's a real up-and-comer.

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 23, 2019, 12:06:58 PMRiver Falls 1-5 at La Crosse 5-1
The Eagles are the surprise team so far this season. But why should they be with Joe Warner setting up shop in the paint. Trevor Stratton continues to light it up from the outside and Casey Taggatz is running the show like a fine-tuned engine. Can anyone stop them, besides Oshkosh? The Falcons could be the biggest disappointment. Rich Melzer is being Rich Melzer, but Jon Christensen is in a slump and Jontae Koonkaew has been slowed by injury.

I think that I'll wait for Blaze Orange to finish his milking chores in the barn, sit in front of the computer and pop open a Blatz, and make his forecast about this game before I chime in.

Stevens Point 3-3 at Stout 0-6
Point is in a slump, but you can't blame Jason Kalsow or Josh Iserloth for that. They have been a two-man wrecking crew. The injury to Eric Maus may cause concern, but the Pointers have a capable replacement in John Gleich, who has been ready to take the next step. They'll need him if they are going to break out of this mini-slump. Despite being 0-6, the Blue Devils are never ones to take lightly, especially when you have Jacob Nonemacher hosting block parties every game day. With Jerrel Enerson-Matthews and Eric Hostetter firing away, Stout can put up some big numbers. The problem is, they can't stop anyone.

There's a Fast Eddie joke in here somewhere. I just can't remember who it was who used to complain about him all of the time.

(Incidentally, has anyone ever gone to UW-Stout's basketball page and clicked on the link to "Coach Eddie Andrist's Personal Page"? It's under "Basketball Links" on the "Additional Links" drop-down. It's hilarious!)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF