ODAC
8 (34.8%)
USAC
12 (52.2%)
Who Cares?
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Dirtybird

This seems to be a hot topic right now lets see what people think about it.

HighHeat

This should be a good year for the conferences as in I see both pretty equal

There are a couple guys that could play pro ball from the conferences as well. I am going to offer names of 5 guys that I think could break the amateur barrier. Please let me know what you think. Alot of these guys are going to be in this classic.

When I talk about professional baseball, this does not just mean affiliated, but independent as well.

1. Gary Bulman, RHP (VWC)
2. Trae Bailey, SS (CNU)
3. Ben Moore, RHP (NCWC)
4. Cameron Grant, OF (LC)
5. Kyle Bradley, 2B (LC)

Catfishncwc

Does anyone know how many of the games are going to be played at the new stadium in gboro.
1999 Division 3 National Baseball Champs

Dirtybird

I know Greensboro and Guilford will be there. Then their schedule says they have one at War Memorial later in the day. So maybe everyone gets to play there once? Is it on the daily schedule on the website?

A.G.

Quote from: HighHeat on February 09, 2009, 08:08:30 PM
This should be a good year for the conferences as in I see both pretty equal

There are a couple guys that could play pro ball from the conferences as well. I am going to offer names of 5 guys that I think could break the amateur barrier. Please let me know what you think. Alot of these guys are going to be in this classic.

When I talk about professional baseball, this does not just mean affiliated, but independent as well.

2. Trae Bailey, SS (CNU)
3. Ben Moore, RHP (NCWC)
5. Kyle Bradley, 2B (LC)
I would imagine a real good way to assess the D3 guys is to examine how they do in their respective summer leagues...especially when you start talking about the CPL and SCBL...two leagues that are generally more friendly to the D3 guys than the Valley League for players in our region.  That being said...Mike Wallace from R-MC managed a .295 BA in the Valley League last summer.

Dirtybird

Does anyone think that one of these teams can make a run to regionals based on what they saw in the first couple days. I know its early but its never to early to start thinking about it. I would like to know what people think and some reasons to back it up. Good luck to everyone in the Challenge this weekend.

TheRightHander

people still doubt Greensboro.. I wouldnt be surprised if we went 3-0 this weekend.

BuchNasty

Gboro and Guilford will play 2 games at the new stadium. I agree with some of the names on the list of who could play some pro ball, but, come out and watch Gboro play and you'll see at least 5 or 6 kids who have potential.

Catfishncwc

Quote from: BuchNasty on February 10, 2009, 07:18:35 PM
Gboro and Guilford will play 2 games at the new stadium. I agree with some of the names on the list of who could play some pro ball, but, come out and watch Gboro play and you'll see at least 5 or 6 kids who have potential.
Well looks like I need to make sure I see a lot of Gboro games this year.  Where else can I see so many prospects in one place.  Thanks for the inside info. 

LTBB1971

Catfish,
I am driving to Greensboro for NCWC's game.  Have you got word on where is NCWC playing?  I am guessing from some teams websites that we play Bridgewater at Guilford College and RMC at New Bridge Bank Park.  Not sure where they play Guilford Sunday...

Catfishncwc

I am not sure of all the locations for this weekend.  I will be staying local this weekend so I did not get any on the schedules this weekend. 
Guess I will see you at the Tourney of Champions NCWC is hosting.  The 1999 team has been challenged to a game versus the 1989 National Championship team.

BuchNasty

I know it must sound cocky to say we have potential prospects but our 2b and cf both run around a 6.5, we have 3 pitchers who throw consistently in the high 80s and one one has been clocked at 91 92 in the summer, and a very good hitting team.if anything, we are worth a look.

Catfishncwc

Quote from: BuchNasty on February 11, 2009, 01:32:29 AM
I know it must sound cocky to say we have potential prospects but our 2b and cf both run around a 6.5, we have 3 pitchers who throw consistently in the high 80s and one one has been clocked at 91 92 in the summer, and a very good hitting team.if anything, we are worth a look.
I think I maybe making a trip to see u guys when you play Wesleyan the weekend of March 14th. 

RayJayBall

2. Trae Bailey, SS (CNU)
3. Ben Moore, RHP (NCWC)
5. Kyle Bradley, 2B (LC)

Out of all 5 Id say Bulman has the best chance to make it, he has a big frame with good velocity, a litte erratic at times but he is still young.

Moore, Grant, and Bradley are all undersized and probably wont be given a serious look, I think Moore and Bradley would have no chance anyways. Grant has some good skills but is still undersized and not really a power threat.

Bailey is the most skilled player of them all. Decent size, however if he were to get a chance to play i dont think it would be at SS, maybe 3rd base, but he is not a power guy really. Hitting 7 or 8 homeruns in D3 baseball with aluminium isnt that big of a deal. If he were given a chance I think he would do alright in the minors.

Catfishncwc

Good luck to all the teams this year in this Challenge I hope they have this every year.  Hopefully they can get more teams in this challenge next year.