D3 Soccer Coach Framed for Murder

Started by Saint of Old, July 29, 2015, 07:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stlawus

This has been big news in our little town the last few years.  I feel bad for Hillary.  I'm not going to pretend like I know all the case details but I know enough to conclude that he's getting the short end of the stick here.  The DA might be one of the worst DA's I've ever seen in my life. We had a very nasty gang rape case up here a while back and the DA mismanaged that one.  That was always seen as the bench mark for the worst handled case, but I think the current DA has taken the cake.  Hillary's always been treated as guilty until proven innocent.  I'm confident he'll win this, but there's still a long road ahead. 

KICKIN95

After reading that article it seems to be a "witch hunt" by Ms. Rain to get a conviction that she basically promised during her campaign.
Master of all things "DuHawk"

deutschfan

Under these egregious circumstances a two year law license suspension is not enough.  Prosecutors should go to jail themselves for conduct like this. 

midwest

As a lawyer, I had been appalled by what I read about that case. Though relieved the prosecutor is being disciplined, I also feel like that is hardly recompense for the tribulations the Coach went through. At the same time, a substantial suspension will make it very hard for her to work anywhere as a lawyer, as most firms and communities would be reluctant to hire someone with that disciplinary record.

Brother Flounder

Quote from: deutschfan on July 02, 2018, 09:08:25 PM
Under these egregious circumstances a two year law license suspension is not enough.  Prosecutors should go to jail themselves for conduct like this.

Great news for the coach!  I agree that the 2 year suspension is not enough.

Saint of Old

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/23/nyregion/cuomo-prosecutors-oversight-commission.html

Crazy stuff.
So according to the New York Times, the attempted frame job against the D3 soccer coach was the catalyst for Oversight of Prosecutors in New York.
The first of its type in the entire country!!!

This will help many more innocents down the road.

Big props to former Saints and other members of the D3 community who helped to spread the story.

stlawus

Glad to see some attempt at accountability.  The St. Lawrence County DA has always been an institution not known for its competency (anyone familiar with the Casablanca would agree).  Sad that he was forced to leave town as he was bringing the Clarkson program on the up. 

Saint of Old