All-Decade Team 2007-2017

Started by mailsy, October 18, 2018, 10:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mailsy

Just was wondering. Was there any thoughts on putting together an All-Decade Team for 2007 to 2017?
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yes. Though, I don't remember where the conversation left off.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

gordonmann

We decided to hold off so that the decades align with a more intuitive description (the All-2010s), as opposed to the second decade where D3hoops.com existed. We'll have to figure out how to handle the players who fall in the gap.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I picked 25 guys and roughly aligned then into teams by position.  It's far from a finished product, but if you all want something to argue about, I don't mind posting the list.  Basically I just used our AA and All-Regions teams and picked guys who appeared multiple times.  There would clearly be a lot more movement and probably different names if we went through the whole process (we'd almost certainly have more three-guard teams), but it's a start, especially since we're going to use a different decade for the next one.

Have at it.

First Team

Andrew Olson
Kent Raymond
Joey Flannery
Troy Ruths
Ben Strong

Second Team

Nate Axlerod
Steve Djurickovic
Aaron Walton-Moss
Chris Davis
Troy Whittington

Third Team

Sean Wallis
Hunter Hill
Tim McCrary
Jared Suderly
Tyler Sanborn

Fourth Team

Aaron Toomey
Ty Sabin
Jimmy Bartolotta
Ryan Sharry
Jeff Skemp

Honorable Mention

John DiBartolomeo
James Cooper
Ian Franks
Gerry Wixted
Michael Mayer

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

CollegeGolf18

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on October 23, 2018, 06:30:56 PM

I picked 25 guys and roughly aligned then into teams by position.  It's far from a finished product, but if you all want something to argue about, I don't mind posting the list.  Basically I just used our AA and All-Regions teams and picked guys who appeared multiple times.  There would clearly be a lot more movement and probably different names if we went through the whole process (we'd almost certainly have more three-guard teams), but it's a start, especially since we're going to use a different decade for the next one.

Have at it.

First Team

Andrew Olson
Kent Raymond
Joey Flannery
Troy Ruths
Ben Strong

Second Team

Nate Axlerod
Steve Djurickovic
Aaron Walton-Moss
Chris Davis
Troy Whittington

Third Team

Sean Wallis
Hunter Hill
Tim McCrary
Jared Suderly
Tyler Sanborn

Fourth Team

Aaron Toomey
Ty Sabin
Jimmy Bartolotta
Ryan Sharry
Jeff Skemp

Honorable Mention

John DiBartolomeo
James Cooper
Ian Franks
Gerry Wixted
Michael Mayer

Nate Axelrod, the bane of the NCAC for four years.
Former Collegiate Golfer
Current Sports Nut

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on October 23, 2018, 06:30:56 PM

Have at it.

First Team

Andrew Olson
Kent Raymond
Joey Flannery
Troy Ruths
Ben Strong

Second Team

Nate Axlerod
Steve Djurickovic
Aaron Walton-Moss
Chris Davis
Troy Whittington

Third Team

Sean Wallis
Hunter Hill
Tim McCrary
Jared Suderly
Tyler Sanborn

Fourth Team

Aaron Toomey
Ty Sabin
Jimmy Bartolotta
Ryan Sharry
Jeff Skemp

Honorable Mention

John DiBartolomeo
James Cooper
Ian Franks
Gerry Wixted
Michael Mayer

Ryan, when you posted this Aston Francis had not yet become ASTON FRANCIS!  I'm wondering how high you would now place him?

Smitty Oom

He does not fall into the given era, 2007-2017.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Smitty Oom on March 09, 2019, 10:37:24 PM
He does not fall into the given era, 2007-2017.

They are switching to 'whole' decades, and trying to accomodate those left in the 'gap'.  So, yes, he will be in the decade of 'the teens'.