Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AF4

an Emory University rear window sticker on a Land Rover being driven by an erlderly gentleman (more elderly than me) on  I-75 between Ocala and Gainseville, Fl ... today

i had to work this weekend >:(
"Have laparoscope, Will travel"

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

crufootball

Ithaca College bumper sticker in Belton, Texas

Pat Coleman

Quote from: AF4 on January 22, 2009, 05:41:31 PM
on the other end.... at the OK city airport, a young man with a Spartans hat (tuned backwards) and  a ' Case Ahtletics' T shirt at the delta ticket counter... as we headed to the car

(i honestly had to lookup Case to see if they were D-3...i was not shure) ???

keep the faith

Ohh, dude, they were in the Top 25 all season ...
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AF4

sorry..i should of known...i just read the south region stuff... but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ;D

AF4

walking out the exit from the delta concourse at the Louisville airport (SDF) i saw a muticolored, well done, very nice, sign advertising Centre College

i am very blessed to have even seen it...as i was still holding my head down for not knowing that Case was a D-3 school (that was in the top 25 most of the season) ;) :D

keep the faith

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

AF4

i make even more apologies... please forgive my ignorance about Case

will i ever b able to hold my head up again :D

keep the faith

frank uible

Some more obscure stuff. In the 40s Western Reserve (one of the two predecessors of Case Western Reserve) sent at least two players to play in the NFL, one of whom was of All-Pro quality.

AF4

today: a 'U dub dub' shirt in the milwaukee airport

last night: as i walk into a resturant in Ws, a patron noted my hat said 'Hawks'... he said 'u mean war hawks'... we spoke and his son plays for UW- Whitewater
(folks up there -Ws- r proud of them...and rightly so)

keep the faith

AF4

a  tall, thin, young feller wearing a 'SUNY Maritime' tee shirt, on the B concourse at the ATL

a dark haired, portly, middle aged feller, wearing a blue 'ADRIAN" sweat shirt, near baggage claim, at LAS

tooooo much travel this week

keep the faith

HSCTiger74

Quote from: AF4 on February 13, 2009, 11:22:23 AM
today: a 'U dub dub' shirt in the milwaukee airport

Wouldn't that be like seeing a BSC shirt at the Birmingham airport? Or Catholic at Reagan National? Not much of a stretch.
TANSTAAFL

AF4

Wouldn't that be like seeing a BSC shirt at the Birmingham airport? Or Catholic at Reagan National? Not much of a stretch

possibly...but BSC IS in b'ham...and UW Whitewater is ~50 miles away  from the milwaukee airport:P
but your point is well taken

i just note every time i see a D-3 school...as in that airport was a sea of Wisconsin  and packer and the ohio state clothes,  only 1 'u-dub-dub' and  1 Auburn pullover ( and i spoke to him at length)

i just enjoy posting them ::)

keep th faith

HSCTiger74

Quote from: cawcdad on November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

How often do you see shirts or other signs of D-III schools in parts of the country no where near the school?

Sorry AF4, I wasn't trying to be a party pooper. Was just going by this quote from the original post of this thread.
TANSTAAFL

Ralph Turner

A USMMA "Kings Point" license plate holder on a Jaguar in north Dallas... :)