MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: hopefan on August 16, 2018, 09:13:38 AM
Quote from: hopefan on August 03, 2018, 09:11:45 AM
So... Blackburn, Eureka, Fontbonne, Greenville, MacMurray, and Webster schedules have been posted... still looking for Iowa Wesleyan, Principia, Spalding, and Westminster schedules.....would love to see them, but as these 4 are last to post every year, likely will have to wait until...

Well, dropped a note to our four slower SIDs yesterday, and lo and behold, Principia is the 7th school to post their schedule...
Unfortunately, it shows 27 games, but with McKendree and UMSL on it, and both D2, they likely should have been denoted as exhibition games, getting the sked down to 25.... Thanks to SID Heather Fairbanks for responding so quickly....

Also, I had noted previously that Prin again has a western trip this year, playing Caltech on Dec 17 ... the completed schedule now shows that they are also playing Occidental while out west, on the 18th....

All due respect... SIDs have a lot on their plates especially at smaller schools. I don't think having basketball schedules out and set right now is that big a deal nor a priority in small shops with fall sports.

I am glad someone got back to you, but consider what they may have on their plates before sending such communications. I know I certainly don't "bug" them until October if necessary.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

hopefan

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on August 16, 2018, 09:44:24 PM
Quote from: hopefan on August 16, 2018, 09:13:38 AM
Quote from: hopefan on August 03, 2018, 09:11:45 AM
So... Blackburn, Eureka, Fontbonne, Greenville, MacMurray, and Webster schedules have been posted... still looking for Iowa Wesleyan, Principia, Spalding, and Westminster schedules.....would love to see them, but as these 4 are last to post every year, likely will have to wait until...

Well, dropped a note to our four slower SIDs yesterday, and lo and behold, Principia is the 7th school to post their schedule...
Unfortunately, it shows 27 games, but with McKendree and UMSL on it, and both D2, they likely should have been denoted as exhibition games, getting the sked down to 25.... Thanks to SID Heather Fairbanks for responding so quickly....

Also, I had noted previously that Prin again has a western trip this year, playing Caltech on Dec 17 ... the completed schedule now shows that they are also playing Occidental while out west, on the 18th....

All due respect... SIDs have a lot on their plates especially at smaller schools. I don't think having basketball schedules out and set right now is that big a deal nor a priority in small shops with fall sports.

I am glad someone got back to you, but consider what they may have on their plates before sending such communications. I know I certainly don't "bug" them until October if necessary.

Sometimes the things that I consider to be the fun of being an ardent fan of D3hoops are just not looked at in the same way by others.  Collecting SLIAC schedules, comparing them and rating them each year is one of the things I consider to be fun...
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I get it hopefan... I just wanted to shed light on what's going on in SIDs offices. I have worked in and with those offices for a lot of years. With students reporting... basketball seasons seems like a LONG way away. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

WUPHF

I know an SID at an NAIA school who also does promotional work for the non-varsity sports and recreation.  She is also the head compliance officer and plays a significant role in fundraising, event management and serves on campus committees related to student success and student conduct.

If you look at a school such as Westminster, they have an athletic director who is also a coach and an assistant athletic director who is also a coach to go along with an SID and an events coordinator.  That is thin...

hopefan

HEY HEY... hadn't looked this past week, but now happy to report both Spalding and Westminster schedules are posted on their sites!!!   We'll call it a tie for eighth as far as getting schedules up!!!  That leaves only Iowa Wesleyan left to report this season's schedule... I'll do the ever popular (and controversial) hopefan schedule ratings when we see IWU's sked come up!!!

hopefan

This is too juicy not to put out here within minutes after I heard a rumbling..

Fact... 6'6" Soph Evan Milligan Webster U. is 1st Team All SLIAC 2016-17

Fact... Milligan transfers as a junior to Kentucky Wesleyan, starts or come off bench to average 11 ppg    2017-18

Fact....  Milligan not on this season's Kentucky Wesleyan roster, which is already posted

Fact...  Milligan seen with a number of other Webster hoopsters watching Webster Womens Volleyball... TONIGHT

question,  Milligan to Webster simply to finish up school... or to PLAY?  Wow add him into all those young returners.. Wilcox, Ettien, Tankins, Johnson, Crespo.. wooo, a pretty nice group....

WUPHF

I was curious and did a Google search and the D3boards.com equivalent for Kentucky Wesleyan fans are speculating that he was dismissed from the team.  Nothing more than anonymous posts on an anonymous forum, but it may suggest that he did not leave due to a career ending injury.

hopefan

Quote from: WUPHF on September 12, 2018, 01:35:06 PM
I was curious and did a Google search and the D3boards.com equivalent for Kentucky Wesleyan fans are speculating that he was dismissed from the team.  Nothing more than anonymous posts on an anonymous forum, but it may suggest that he did not leave due to a career ending injury.

And here's another interesting tidbit... Davian Joseph also attending classes on Webster campus... now I just assumed that he had been at Lewis and Clark CC and played for two years, which would seem to indicate his clock has run out of time.. BUT, if I'm wrong, perhaps he has eligibility left.. wow... that would be FIVE solid big men, two good shooting guards.... now, if we could just find a legit point guard.....

y_jack_lok

^^^ I think Davian has only used two semesters of eligibilty at Webster -- fall 15-16 and spring 17-18, so even with two years at a community college, it seems he has two semesters of eligibility left if he is enrolled at Webster and choosez to play.

hopefan

Quote from: y_jack_lok on September 12, 2018, 07:33:30 PM
^^^ I think Davian has only used two semesters of eligibilty at Webster -- fall 15-16 and spring 17-18, so even with two years at a community college, it seems he has two semesters of eligibility left if he is enrolled at Webster and choosez to play.

Hope you are right, not sure how it works.... 

Greek Tragedy

But don't you only have 5 years, 10 semesters to use your eligibility.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

WUPHF

I thought for sure he would be eligible when I last looked last season.

Twitter has him trying out with the Oshkosh Herd, the NBA developmental league team purchased by the Milwaukee Bucks, though not from an official team source.

WUPHF

The same source has Tevin Evans trying out for a developmental league team.

y_jack_lok

I can put an end to my personal speculation and that of others. From impeccable sources: (1) Evan Milligan is not enrolled at Webster and, (2) Davian Joseph is out of eligibility.

hopefan

The carrier of Dark news.....    ;D ;D ;D  Well the Evan Milligan rumor was fun while it lasted....