FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDB and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

tmerton

tmerton

Quote from: sjusection105 on September 26, 2010, 09:39:50 AM
Johnnie-Auggie game story/recap up now at www.JohnnieFootball.com

You forgot to mention that Touchdown Purple Tommy picked the exact score of the game in his pregame article.  Way to go, TDPT! :-*  And now comes the week TDPT has been waiting for since last year's game.  He's gotta be picking the Toms by two or three touchdowns at least. 

Ryan Coleman

--
Ryan Coleman
Publisher, d3photography.com

Photo store | X | Mastodon | Patreon

sjusection105

Quote from: tmerton on September 26, 2010, 05:58:46 PM
Quote from: sjusection105 on September 26, 2010, 09:39:50 AM
Johnnie-Auggie game story/recap up now at www.JohnnieFootball.com

You forgot to mention that Touchdown Purple Tommy picked the exact score of the game in his pregame article.  Way to go, TDPT! :-*  And now comes the week TDPT has been waiting for since last year's game.  He's gotta be picking the Toms by two or three touchdowns at least. 

I was trying to stay professional,objective and not to give TDPT any more reasons to gloat that he hit the score right on the number. If I know TDPT like I do,I'm pretty much thinking he'll be predicting the score of the SJU/UST game at something like 73-3 in favor of the Tomcats. I also have a feeling he will be taking action on the Stagg Bowl. TDPT will probably allow all interested parties to take the field (all teams except UST) and he'll take the Tomcats,give 24 points and 10-1 odds. In his purple tainted mind,this is a better investment than owning the Cow Pie Bingo stand at the Stearns County Fair  ;)

On another note it was nice to meet & visit with Auggiedoggie57 yesterday at the game. 8-)
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: tmerton on September 26, 2010, 05:23:38 PM
Pat - Any reason that you don't have any schedule/result info up for SJU?
http://www.d3football.com/teams/St._John-s/2010/index

It's a technical problem. I am trying to get PrestoSports to fix it but we basically got nothing out of them this week. Feel free to send an email to info@d3sports.com that I can forward to them as a reminder that people actually notice this stuff and care.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

DustySJU

Quote from: DuffMan on September 25, 2010, 04:31:20 PM
Let me be the first to say:  Tommies suck!

I'll second that.... really hard!

Developing....

Oh by the way, how many completely drunk Tommies students will stumble into Collegeville Saturday?
The Official Fan Site For St. John's Football - Underground!  www.JohnnieFootball.com

WithasilentK

Quote from: WashedUp on September 25, 2010, 05:07:25 PM
Really proud of the Carleton football team today.  Sure it was Hamline, but it was also the first dominant performance of the season.  Given all the factors working against the Knights this week, they easily could have packed it up for the season and mailed it in, but they responded to adversity with a great performance.  Ramler and Pagel had the team ready to play and did a great job of coaching.  The defense bounced back and the offense continued to produce.

Next week will be interesting, will Laird be ready to host a football game?  If not, where will the game be played?  Is this a one week show, or a sign of things to come for the Knights?  How many people will be at the SJU-UST game (I would think it would approach the record)?  Exciting week next week in the MIAC.

It was a good win, and one they needed. They're offense is coming together, and their defense finally started making plays. I know the rest of the schedule isn't Hamline, but I think this gives them a chance at getting some wins under their belt this season. It'll be interesting next week because Auggie Tech is a team that they should beat if they play well again.

I don't know what to think about the UST v SJU game...we'll learn if UST is as talented as they seem.

sjusection105

Quote from: WithasilentK on September 26, 2010, 09:29:08 PM

I don't know what to think about the UST v SJU game...we'll learn if UST is as talented as they seem.
I for one don't question their talent,the Tomcats are very talented,it's a matter of what they will see on film from the Auggie game will resemble what they see at SJU 10-2-10 and how they adjust/react to the wrinkles John & his staff put in for next week. John Gagliardi is the X factor and anyone who doesn't believe this is foolish.
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

WashedUp

Quote from: WashedUp on September 25, 2010, 05:07:25 PM
Really proud of the Carleton football team today.  Sure it was Hamline, but it was also the first dominant performance of the season.  Given all the factors working against the Knights this week, they easily could have packed it up for the season and mailed it in, but they responded to adversity with a great performance.  Ramler and Pagel had the team ready to play and did a great job of coaching.  The defense bounced back and the offense continued to produce.

Next week will be interesting, will Laird be ready to host a football game?  If not, where will the game be played?  Is this a one week show, or a sign of things to come for the Knights?  How many people will be at the SJU-UST game (I would think it would approach the record)?  Exciting week next week in the MIAC.

It was a good win, and one they needed. They're offense is coming together, and their defense finally started making plays. I know the rest of the schedule isn't Hamline, but I think this gives them a chance at getting some wins under their belt this season. It'll be interesting next week because Auggie Tech is a team that they should beat if they play well again.

K, you gonna be at the game this week?
MIAC Champions: 1924, 1992

tmerton

Quote from: sjusection105 on September 26, 2010, 09:56:48 PM

I for one don't question their talent,the Tomcats are very talented,it's a matter of what they will see on film from the Auggie game will resemble what they see at SJU 10-2-10 and how they adjust/react to the wrinkles John & his staff put in for next week. John Gagliardi is the X factor and anyone who doesn't believe this is foolish.

Aw, c'mon, you gotta go with TDPT on this.  Hell, he picked the exact score for the last game (strange he doesn't do the pick 'em's though).

USTBench

Quote from: sjusection105 on September 26, 2010, 09:56:48 PM

Not quite sure Gags is the X factor he once was...but his staff sure seems to know what they're doing. Does Gags even wear a headset? Or is that party of his coaching with "No" deal?

No long practices
No playbooks
No whistles
No upgrades in technology
Augsburg University: 2021 MIAC Spring Football Champions

Johnnie Red

Just got word from my connection with the Minnesota Vikings that Brett Favre will not be making it to the Johnnie-Tommie game this Saturday.  :'( With the bye week, he will be heading back to Mississippi Friday. Keep your fingers crossed for Paris Hilton and/or Lady Gaga. :D

DuffMan

John won't wear a headset, but the assistants do.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

sju56321

Interesting questions:

1. When was the last time SJU was the underdog at home? I guess 2004 or 1998.

2. When was the last time SJU was home dog on homecoming?? The 80's?
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

cobbernation

Quote from: USTBench on September 25, 2010, 08:15:22 PM
56 to 7...I was expecting a win, but wasn't expecting that.

So guys, going to be in Collegeville next weekend. Leaving at noon from Grand Forks Friday and staying in St. Cloud. I assume you'll all be in the south endzone per usual. TDT, I'm not stopping in Sauk Centre to get Hamms if you don't drink any. Also bringing 3 dudes that have never seen the rivalry in person. One is the director of media relations for UND athletics. Looking forward to seeing all you guys.

Didn't think the cobbers would do that bad against UST this weekend.  Looks like they were without their starting qb for the game for an injury.  Definately not the best place to play your first collegiate game at the #4 team in the nation.  Looks like horan tried a junior and freshman qb at times.