1:00 PM Hobart @ Brockport State (NY)   
1:00 PM Union @ Ithaca 
1:00 PM Utica @ Misericordia 
5:00 PM Hartwick @ Western Connecticut State

AUPepBand

Quote from: jknezek on August 31, 2016, 02:22:34 PM
Quote from: fisheralum91 on August 31, 2016, 02:06:56 PM
They were great looking.
Im not sure who sold Bob Ward this new getup but the salesman might as well be selling MONORAILS!

"The name's Lanley, Lyle Lanley. And I come before you good people tonight with an idea. Probably the greatest—Aw, it's not for you. It's more a Shelbyville idea."

Yeah, that salesman couldn't sell them in Springfield ... it's more a Pittsford idea...they'll buy it!

+K
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bombers798891 on August 31, 2016, 05:16:00 PM
Quote from: Upstate on August 31, 2016, 03:08:31 PM
With the New England schools following the lead of MAC/CC schools now bolting from the ECACs to form their own bowl series I think it's time the E8/LL do the same.

I think it'd be great to take the top 3 non playoff teams from the conference and have them go head to head.

Have one conferences coaches do a random draw for opponents from the opposite conference and then rotate the selecting conference yearly.

Would have loved to see a SJF/RPI, Alfred/WPI and Buff St/Hobart match ups after last season instead of trotting them out to an empty stadium hundreds of miles away.

I'm the old crankpot I guess. Lousy upstate NY weather + Thanksgiving week keeping away most/all fans + Iffy motivation (at times, and we all can remember instances where that was the case) = I'll pass unless it's an NCAA game

What about a triple-header at the Carrier Dome? The LL/E8/NJAC teams could call it "DOME DAY"!

AUPepBand

Quote from: D3viewer on August 31, 2016, 06:51:54 PM

Friday, September 2

7:00 PM Morrisville State 14 @ St Lawrence 28

Saturday, September 3

12:00 PM Husson 17 @ Alfred  31
12:00 PM Otterbein 12 @ Buffalo State 35
12:00 PM SUNY Cortland 27 @ Heidelberg  24
1:00 PM Olivet College 17 @ St. John Fisher  35
1:00 PM Hobart 20 @ Brockport State (NY)  14
1:00 PM Union  8 @ Ithaca  31
1:00 PM Utica 45 @ Misericordia 6
5:00 PM Hartwick 31 @ Western Connecticut State  40

Pep's Picks for Week 1
Thanks for posting the schedule, D3! +K

fisheralum91

Like the picks pep!!

The only one that had me wondering was the Mooville game...I have a funny feeling that they may make a game out of that!

AUPepBand

Quote from: fisheralum91 on September 01, 2016, 08:52:57 AM
Like the picks pep!!

The only one that had me wondering was the Mooville game...I have a funny feeling that they may make a game out of that!

Pep thinks the Saints may have taken the Mustangs a bit too lightly last year. They've got a veteran squad returning while the Mustangs, albeit with an outstanding quarterback, lost a lot of experience elsewhere to graduation. Pep believes the Larries will have a chip on their shoulder and will lasso the Mustangs.

On Saxon Warriors!

fisheralum91

Thats why that lace em up and not play on paper!

sjfcards

Quote from: AUPepBand on August 31, 2016, 09:55:23 PM
Quote from: D3viewer on August 31, 2016, 06:51:54 PM

Friday, September 2

7:00 PM Morrisville State 14 @ St Lawrence 28

Saturday, September 3

12:00 PM Husson 17 @ Alfred  31
12:00 PM Otterbein 12 @ Buffalo State 35
12:00 PM SUNY Cortland 27 @ Heidelberg  24
1:00 PM Olivet College 17 @ St. John Fisher  35
1:00 PM Hobart 20 @ Brockport State (NY)  14
1:00 PM Union  8 @ Ithaca  31
1:00 PM Utica 45 @ Misericordia 6
5:00 PM Hartwick 31 @ Western Connecticut State  40

Pep's Picks for Week 1
Thanks for posting the schedule, D3! +K

The game I am really interested in is that Hobart Brockport game. I think both teams will be toward the top of their leagues this year, and it should be a good test of where tops of the conferences line up. The Morrisville/SLU game is a close second for me.

Although with Fisher and Cortland both playing teams from out of the Region, both of those games should be fun as well. A pretty good week 1 I think!
GO FISHER!!!

Bombers798891

Quote from: AUPepBand on August 31, 2016, 09:48:55 PM
With the New England schools following the lead of MAC/CC schools now bolting from the ECACs to form their own bowl series I think it's time the E8/LL do the same.

I think it'd be great to take the top 3 non playoff teams from the conference and have them go head to head.

Have one conferences coaches do a random draw for opponents from the opposite conference and then rotate the selecting conference yearly.

Would have loved to see a SJF/RPI, Alfred/WPI and Buff St/Hobart match ups after last season instead of trotting them out to an empty stadium hundreds of miles away.

I'm the old crankpot I guess. Lousy upstate NY weather + Thanksgiving week keeping away most/all fans + Iffy motivation (at times, and we all can remember instances where that was the case) = I'll pass unless it's an NCAA game

What about a triple-header at the Carrier Dome? The LL/E8/NJAC teams could call it "DOME DAY"!

Syracuse's season runs later, making scheduling an issue, but forgetting that.

Look, I guess I'm just cynical, but we have to remember, we're the exception when it comes to fans. I mean, according to the Box Score, Fisher drew 500 fans* to an ECAC home game in 2014. Alfred/Fitchburg State drew 724, Buff State/Waynesburg drew 657, Buff State/RPI drew 824. Yes, Utica/Morrisville drew like, 1,800, but my guess is, these games, in general, have some very limited appeal to fans. Die-hard supporters/family? Sure. But outside of that, I don't think fan involvement will ever be high, no matter what you call it.

And I remain skeptical about players' enjoyment. I'm sure everyone says the right things when they have a microphone in front of them and they're answering questions. But I think it's hit or miss if you're going to have a team that's excited to be there.

#getoffmylawn

D3MAFAN

I think the LL/E8 alone would be better. Maybe the NJAC can do something with the OAC, USASAC or ODAC?

HSCTiger74

Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on September 01, 2016, 01:12:39 PM

I think the LL/E8 alone would be better. Maybe the NJAC can do something with the OAC, USASAC or ODAC?

Other than the outliers at CNU, Frostburg and So. Va. those would be long trips (potentially really long with USASAC). Would do just as well to stick with the ECACs.
TANSTAAFL

jknezek

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on September 01, 2016, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on September 01, 2016, 01:12:39 PM

Other than the outliers at CNU, Frostburg and So. Va. those would be long trips (potentially really long with USASAC). Would do just as well to stick with the ECACs.

Nah. It's only 1000 miles from Huntingdon College to Montclair St. 15 hours, 20 minutes according to Google. That's only a hundred miles, farther than Belhaven to Sul Ross State in the ASC. If they can make it a conference game, this could be a bowl game people would enjoy. Right?

Probably not...

The NJAC would be an odd league out in my opinion. LL vs E8 makes all kinds of NY state pride sense to me. Fun game. CC/MAC makes sense. ODAC USASAC makes sense. OAC/NCAC/PAC could be fun. But the NJAC just doesn't have a mission and values type opponent laying around. NJAC/WIAC is actually the best from that point of view, but despite the TCNJ/UWW home and home mismatch, that's not really appealing either. I think the NJAC/MAC would have worked, but CC/MAC is better from a mission and values standpoint and you already get the OOC NJAC/MAC games.

Bombers798891

Quote from: jknezek on September 01, 2016, 04:34:04 PM

LL vs E8 makes all kinds of NY state pride sense to me. Fun game.

Sure, but couldn't they just do that in the regular season? Aren't there like, 4-5 teams in each league playing each other?

Upstate

Quote from: Bombers798891 on September 02, 2016, 10:25:10 AM

Sure, but couldn't they just do that in the regular season? Aren't there like, 4-5 teams in each league playing each other?

I think after IC leaves for the LL we might see a regular season E8/LL showdown to start the year. Both conferences are going to need games with the conference moves ahead. Just need to get more of the LL schools on board with Hobart's scheduling. Thank you HWS for not being such elitist dickweeds and scheduling a SUNY school.

The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Bartman

Quote from: Upstate on September 02, 2016, 10:43:16 AM
Quote from: Bombers798891 on September 02, 2016, 10:25:10 AM

I think after IC leaves for the LL we might see a regular season E8/LL showdown to start the year. Both conferences are going to need games with the conference moves ahead. Just need to get more of the LL schools on board with Hobart's scheduling. Thank you HWS for not being such elitist dickweeds and scheduling a SUNY school.
You are welcome....and please,  that is Mr. Richard Weeds  8-)
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath