BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: motorman on January 06, 2013, 12:47:06 PM
Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on January 05, 2013, 08:14:46 PM
Thanks Motorman,
OWU regularly doesn't put the spring games on the schedule. I am not sure why.

It doesn't look like we play you guys in Florida, but we will see your guys after we come back. I will be down there this year. Are you coming down?
Yes, wouldn't miss it. Bought plane tickets in Oct, just finished this weekend with hotel and car reservations. Nothing left to do but count the days till we leave. If there is a day we don't have a conflict, maybe I'll wander over to see (scout!) you guys.

We will be driving down and Camping in our pop up. we will be only a couple minutes from most the fields. Hope Heide is undefeated till they play us. Good luck.

Bishopleftiesdad

Well it cannot be too early to look at last years stats and commenting on favorites etc.. for the NCAC

http://www.northcoast.org/ba/12stats/lgsumm.htm

If OWU wants to make it to the NCAC tournament again they need to improve there fielding and hitting they are 5 and 6 respectively. There is been some movement of positions on the field it looks like. One of the infielders who had a tough year defensively is moving to the outfield. He has the speed and looked pretty good out there in the fall. He is replaced in the infield by a freshman who looked really good in the fall. Looks like one of last years catchers may move to first to replace Tim Knezovich and Nathan Strome. It will be hard to relace Tim k's .989 fielding percentage. The other three options behind the plate, a sophomore and two freshman, looked very good. I do not believe there will be a drop off defensively at catcher. Well see how the middle infield does. Losing Gaydos could hurt he had a .925 fielding last year. I think Short or second is still up for grabs and the early spring will help work that out.

Losing Strome and Knezovich are really going to hurt in the hitting department. In the outfield we lost Seth Frentsos, he will be sorely missed. His bat was clutch in the tournament last year and when he was in a groove he was a very hard out. They lost DiBiasio last spring to a injury and he was missed all season at the top of the lineup. Lawson did well as a replacement defensively and was a surprisingly good hitter. , not a ot of power but he hit the gaps and got on base at a .382 clip.  JJ Buckey is back and has a year more experience. Great defender and very good hitter.

There pitching hopefully should be fine. They return 3 of there 4 weekend starters and picked up some depth for the relief core which was sorely missed last year. Charles Cooper, a freshman who lead the league in Era will be back and hopefully can improve on his win record. Brandon Sega who was not full strength at the beginning of the year should be healthy to start the spring after a good season with the Paints in Chillicothe.Brandon had a .333 era and was 5-3. Steve Skarsten will be back he usually started the first games on the weekend series and had a 2.50 era and was 5-4. The only starting pitcher lost from last spring is Kevin Schindler, he had a .465 ERA and was 3-1. Kevin and Brandon did not only start on the weekend they also started many of the weekday games against the likes of Marietta and Heidelberg.

Good luck to all the rest of the winter. Baseball will be here soon!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

countyroad

Bishopleftiesdad

Hiram is fourth in the rankings for the NCAC.  ;D

Where will they end the season?

Who is gonna win the east? Will Kenyon continue where they left off or will Wooster rise back up?

Who will win the west? Will Depauw continue to dominate? Will Denison take a step forward with Deegan in charge?

Let me know what you think? Spring games will be here before we know it.

Bishopleftiesdad

Denison has at least Three commits for 2013:

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/profiles/OH/Eric-Zmuda-1540682937-9406218753
http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/profiles/OH/Matt-Zmuda-8213964075-2480765391
http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/profiles/IL/Mike-Borkowski-5684097312

Eric and Matt Zmuda, Mike Borowski

I know of a Texas recruit but that is word of mouth only. So that is four for Deegan.

Bishopleftiesdad

Bishopleftiesdad

TexasDad

Tucker Davison, 6'4" (192lbs), 3B/OF from Dallas, Texas has committed to Coach Deegan and Denison University.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: TexasDad on January 21, 2013, 10:29:34 AM
Tucker Davison, 6'4" (192lbs), 3B/OF from Dallas, Texas has committed to Coach Deegan and Denison University.

Welcome to the boards, TexasDad!  Hope you post during the season because the board could use some DU posters for sure.  I realize you won't be as into as next season, but hopefully you'll follow it some this year.

TexasDad

Der Acula - Thanks for the welcome. Will do my best from afar.

Bishopleftiesdad

Welcome Texas Dad your input will be welcome. Deegan is doing a fine job of recruiting.

Bishopleftiesdad

D3 preseason poll is out:

http://www.d3baseball.com/top25/2013/2013week-0

Wooster gets 4 votes and Depauw gets 3 votes. No other of the NCAC teams listed.

Bishopleftiesdad

Allegheny has there 2013 roster out.

http://alleghenygators.com/roster.aspx?path=baseball

Looks like the Freshman class has 9 players:
4 OF
2 IF
1 C
1 RHP
1 1B

TexasDad

I noticed that earlier Denison had 31 on its roster after the fall cuts. Bishopleftiesdad noticed and reported in an earlier posting. I noticed this morning that they now have 26 on the roster. (9 fresh, 9 soph, 2 jr and 6 senior). Looks like they lost/cut another 5 (2 fresh, 2 jr and 1 senior) from earlier roster. Is this common? Is it likely a combination of grades and vision for role on team in spring catching up with folks? Still getting used to Coach Deegan and his rules? Just wondering from afar.

PS--It was 70 here yesterday. Same in NCAC right? :)

Dr. Acula

I'm an OAC guy, but it doesn't seem uncommon to see some flux. These schools are not cheap. It's always a crapshoot how many will walk back through the door after Xmas break.  The reasons are numerous...probable lack of playing time, home sick, financial, academic. One of the OAC schools had a good pitcher not play his senior year because he was pre-med and he rightly devoted all his time to academics and preparing for the MCAT.