FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb

hey Grizzman,     welcome aboard, there are plenty of parents and many with no agendas, just want to talk football and enjoy different view.  Good luck to your son and wilkes the w/e.  Hopefully the MAC goes 3-0 this weekend ! ....and this from a LYCO fan (and parent).

maAggie5

DVC Widener Recap:

DVC36-Widener21
DVC 455 total yds of offense
WU 327 total yds of offense

DVC 194 yds rushing on 45 attmt
WU 163 yds rushing on 32 attmt

DVC 261 yds passing 41 attmt
WU 164 yds passing 29 attmt

Time of possession:
DVC 38.35
WU 21.25

3rd down conversions:
DVC 7/18
WU 3/13

Turnovers:
DVC 1 fumble 2 INT's
WU 2 fumbles 2 INT's

FG attempts
DVC 0/1 blocked
WU 0/1 hit upright

Very intense game both defenses were tough but DVC had 3 sacks vs. 0 for WU.  Widener opened the scoring setup by a Knoblauch INT.
DVC 0 - WU 7
Then DVC scored off an INT by Justin Porter.
DVC 7 - WU 7
DVC's second TD was set up by a fumble
DVC 14 - WU 7 (stayed that way at the half)

WU starts scoring in 3rd after a Knoblauch INT.
DVC 14 - WU 14

DVC took the kick off and scored on the big play Knoblauch to Cook to Knoblauch to Carmon 64 yard TD play.
DVC 21 - WU 14 (at end of 3)

WU then had 3 play 79 yd TD score
DVC 21 - WU 21

DVC then scored on two sustained drives of 11 plays for 66 yds (missed PAT) and 11 plays 64 yds.

Final score was an Anthony Silver sack for a safety.

Great game and DVC was never really in danger of losing as they answered each time WU threatened!

DVC was clearly the best team in the conference this year and certainly won their games easier than last season.

Wilkes is a tough team and should give RU a tough game. It would be great to see them come out of it with the Win.

Good luck DVC vs Curry!

Go AGGIES!!!!

LVCALUM

All I keep reading about is how Wilkes is the worst team in the playoffs and shouldn't have been invited.  Those who have played against Wilkes over the years know that this is a team that plays tough, hard-nosed football.  THough I have not seen them play, I am sure this year's team is no exception.  It's about time that two teams from the MAC were chosen to make the playoffs.  I am sure that both DVC and Wilkes will represent the conference well.  Good luck to the Aggies and the Colonels.

maAggie5

I must agree with you LVC Wilkes is a very worthy apponant and if RU takes them for granted they'll be in for a very long afternoon! Good luck Wilkes.

Go AGGIES!!!!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: LVCALUM on November 17, 2005, 12:40:26 PM
All I keep reading about is how Wilkes is the worst team in the playoffs and shouldn't have been invited. 

Don't confuse "last team in" with "worst team in" -- Wilkes got the last at-large bid but they are not the worst team in the playoffs. They would beat Curry and Lakeland for sure, maybe Johns Hopkins or Albion.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

maAggie5

Very true. Posters on other boards are suggesting they were "lucky" to get in when the truth is they were unlucky to be in the same conference as DVC this year otherwise they would have been the MAC champs receiving the automatic bid.

Pat Coleman

They were lucky to get in. They just aren't the worst team in the field.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

PBR...

I wouldnt say they were lucky to get in they earned the right to get in other teams did not earn the right to get in.

Chum Slam

They werent lucky to get in, they were lucky the field was expanded by 4 teams. A few years ago 9-1 didnt get you in in the MAC.
"Worrilow, get away from me before I choke you"  -Sama-

Pat Coleman

Quote from: upbrmeasap on November 17, 2005, 03:34:17 PM
I wouldnt say they were lucky to get in they earned the right to get in other teams did not earn the right to get in.

Other teams did earn it as much as Wilkes, but not all were rewarded.

gordonmann

Reminder...

PnG Sports will carry Saturday's first round playoff game live on the internet...

Delaware Valley College vs. Curry College

Live from Doylestown, PA on www.sportsjuice.com.

Pregame at 11:30 AM, kickoff at 12 PM.

PBR...

>>>Other teams did earn it as much as Wilkes, but not all were rewarded.<<

Again I reiterate myself wilkes was not lucky to get in they earned the right to play.

WUDLINE

I think we are all misunderstanding the use of the word lucky. It simply implies that alot of things had to go in Wilkes favor for them to get a bid. I do not think anyone is questioning the fact that they deserved to be there. In fact alot of people think they have a good shot at winning this week.

Billman56

Gordon Mann.....will you be including the playoff broadcasts in your annual CD??

Go Widener. Go Wilkes beat Rowan this weekend...all the best to you guys

Go Aggies!!!!

WUDLINE

Thanks for the support Billman.  Should be a great week for the MAC Forecast calls for a clean sweep. Good luck to all.