FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACMob

Yeah !! I was posting the score for a MSU fan!!  And I wouldn't worry about a game played in 1997 cause its almost 2006.  However, I did listen to that game on the radio and it was probably one of the biggest homer officiated games I ever heard.  Rowan probably would have had a similar fate in facing the BIG PURPLE!!

Its hard for Rowan fans to respect the MAC after their last two games against RU.  Maybe, if the MAC would schedule more NJAC teams during the regular season, more respect would come from the NJAC and RU.

I'm hopeful that with the size of the MAC decreasing that more games can be made with NJAC teams to fill regular season schedules.  I believe Widener has a home and home with RU soon and it would be nice to see DVC or Lyco play some regular season games with the stronger teams in the NJAC.

Good turnaround this year for your boys!!  Honestly, I think Hobart is going to beat DVC, but if Rowan can beat Union; I would welcome a rematch this time @ DVC.  It's a short ride for RU.

Same to you.   

Lyco80

AC,

Good post, and frankly, I am surprised a bit especially since you have so much bad karma.

I agree that the changing composition of the MAC may make for more cross Delaware River games in the future. 

I will grant that NJAC has some good teams - mostly the usual suspects.  However, the MAC seems to be a rolling boil with someone always poised to break to the top.  Naturally there are a few programs always in the hunt for the crown - but it just seems to me that on average the NJAC cannot contend with the MAC league v. league.  Also - I grew up in NJ so I don't want you think I have a PA bias.

It will be interesting to monitor and see what happens next.

By the way - I listened to the Union game and those boys flat out bring it.  If RU hopes to win they will have to bring their "A" game.  IC is a good team and a great program and they were in a footrace they just could not win with the Dutchmen.

It will be interesting - particularly with the injuries - to see how the Profs fare this week.

All the best.  (not flippant - my signature line)

PBR...

Well done Mac Attack 3 out 4!!! Congrats to Widener and Wilkes should be commended on a great season. As for my Aggies they had me nervous at half time but got things going in the second half. No more of this stuff they need to bring it the first half from now on!!! I should be able to make it over to the hobart game this week and hopefully watch a Aggie win!!!  Although i didnt make it to the game i listened on the radio and the kicker bill miller absolutely laid the lumber to curry's return man i wished i had seen it in person!!!

radiomike

WEOS will have the Hobart and Delaware Valley contest on the air.

Http://www.weos.org/live.html

11:30AM EST air time

Lyco80

RM,

Thanks - who is providing the coverage?

btw - anyone who wants to listen in on the Rowan-Union game can probably catch in on the sporstjuice.com site just be forewarned that it will most likely be heavily tilted toward the Ducthmen - "not that there is anything wrong with that!"  "No, of course not."

"My mother's a Dutchmen . . ."

Go Aggies - MAC Attack!

All the best.

Lyco80

Simba,

Are you out there?  Any attempts to see a playoff game in the offing?

ATB

4man

Quote from: upbrmeasap on November 21, 2005, 09:07:09 AM
Although i didnt make it to the game i listened on the radio and the kicker bill miller absolutely laid the lumber to curry's return man i wished i had seen it in person!!!

Ub,
it was an awesome block!!!  Like it stated in the "Philly Burbs" it looked like the runner ran full speed right into a fire hydrant.  Bill Miller just stood there, turned sideways and the kid bounced off of him so hard all you could hear from everyone in the stands in unison was "ooowww".   It had to be the toughest, hardest block I saw just about all season and Bill did it effortlessly.  

Looking for an Aggie win this Saturday against Hobart!  ;D

GO MAC!  MAC ATTACK!!!

gordonmann

Lycos80:

Radiomike is referring to the Hobart station's broadcast on WEOS.  They do a nice job.

I'll also be broadcasting the contest for Delaware Valley on www.sportsjuice.com with pregame at 11:30 AM.  I suspect you listened to me last week for Curry/Del Val (which I appreciate it).

Gordon

radiomike

Quote from: Lyco80 on November 21, 2005, 07:52:00 PM
RM,
Thanks - who is providing the coverage?
Ted Baker and Avery Dove do the game. I filled in on color for a few games this year, but mostly deal with the production and tech.

Billman56

upbrmeasap.....Yes it was a nice hit from the kicker, who dosent look like the average licker. The game was turning into another nail biter then the flood gates opened.

Nice Job Widener and Moravian.....Nice effort Wilkes...at least you made it to the dance.

FYI...Del Val QB was name The Philadelphis Outstanding Amateur Athlete.

Go AGGIES...BEAT HOBART!!!

Knightstalker

Quote from: Lyco80 on November 20, 2005, 05:06:28 PM

I will grant that NJAC has some good teams - mostly the usual suspects.  However, the MAC seems to be a rolling boil with someone always poised to break to the top.  Naturally there are a few programs always in the hunt for the crown - but it just seems to me that on average the NJAC cannot contend with the MAC league v. league.  Also - I grew up in NJ so I don't want you think I have a PA bias.

Results of NJAC v MAC games since 99 (that's how far back Pat has the results in the region pages.

William Paterson   Wilkes   21-17
New Jersey   FDU-Florham   42-20
Rowan   Wilkes   42-3
Widener   Montclair State   27-18

William Paterson   Delaware Valley   0-35
Rowan   Delaware Valley   56-7

Delaware Valley   William Paterson   26-12
Delaware Valley   New Jersey   54-37

Wilkes   Montclair State   31-7

Montclair State   Wilkes   28-0

Delaware Valley   Montclair State   13-14
FDU-Florham   William Paterson   22-23

Delaware Valley   William Paterson   33-38
William Paterson   FDU-Florham   7-17

As you can see this year NJAC 3 Mac 1, more games than most years.  Overall NJAC 8 MAC 6 counting playoffs (both ECAC and NCAA)
Comparing league to league top to bottom, I think the NJAC is stronger at the top, Rowan has a perion of continued dominance that MSU has occasionally interupted.  The MAC seems to rotate at the top more often.  The middle tier teams are probably even.  For the NJAC that would be TCNJ, Cortland State and possibly West Conn.  Bottom feeders probably even, give the MAC the edge due to more teams in the conference in its current form.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

PBR...

me thinks billman you have good inside knowledge on the dvc kicker.... :)    I will try to find you on saturday if/when i get to the game let me know where you will be sitting...also what was the attendance like at last weeks game? was the stadium crowded i am trying to plan on when to get to the game.

gordonmann

Congrats to Knoblauch on being named a Gagliardi Trophy finalist.

However the postseason ends, he's come a long way from that hardware store in Tamaqua.

MAC05

Quote from: the source on November 20, 2005, 10:45:37 AM
lyco

who cares about the other two teams in the mac that were playing.  it wasnt the playoffs, it is like the NIT pointless and nobody cares

source:

whats your problem? 

PBR...

I am off thru the weekend and most likely wont be online so  GGGGGGGOOOOOO      AAAAAGGGGGGGGIIIIIEEEESSS!!!
Beat Hobart!!!! Hopefully i will be at the game and billman i will try to catch up to you....