FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on March 29, 2015, 11:39:30 PM
Quote from: 5 Words or Less on March 28, 2015, 11:37:16 PM
St Olaf baseball season cancelled!

QuoteSt. Olaf College announced today the cancelation of all remaining games of the 2015 baseball season following an investigation of hazing by members of the team ...
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28635835/st-olaf-college-cancels-baseball-season-amid-hazing-investigation

Details emerge in hazing probe ...

QuoteThe Pioneer Press reports the investigation found conduct that constitutes ridicule, harassment and public displays of servitude under the school's hazing policy. Incidents of underage drinking were also reportedly involved.  The Northfield school also notes that violations were "compounded by an orchestrated attempt to deceive college officials and the outside investigator and prevent them from learning what had happened."
http://bringmethenews.com/11928872/

I am against hazing, but I would like some more specifics from this case. 

Are freshman called Peons...made to carry book bags of upper classmen...given beers at a party?  Those are examples that could be considered hazing, but not necessarily something I would cancel a whole season over.  I suspect what happened at St. Olaf went well beyond those examples.  I would be interested to hear more of the story. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

badgerwarhawk

It is sounding like the severity of the punishment was as much due to the orchestrated attempt to cover it up and deceive the investigation as it was to the severity of the actual hazing. 

"The college said the team members were not honest about what happened.

"Violations were compounded by an orchestrated attempt to deceive college officials and the outside investigator and prevent them from learning what had happened," the release said."

This was taken from this article which provides a little more detail as to what went down....
http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/297841441.html
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Willie University

That's going to hurt recruiting just a little!! What parent wants to send their kid to a school and program like that  ??? Not sure how good the baseball was but I don't foresee it being good for years to come

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on February 07, 2015, 11:36:20 AM
Simpson's also looking to hire

Simpson College (D-III – IA): Simpson College seeks applications for a full-time Assistant Football Coach. This position will be responsible for assisting with all coaching responsibilities, which may include, but not be limited to: recruitment of qualified student- athletes; organization and preparation of practice; budget management; fund raising; community involvement; and compliance with college, conference (IIAC) and NCAA rules. The successful candidate must be willing to travel and a have valid driver's license. B.A. required, M.A. preferred Send letter of application, resume with a list of 3 professional references to jim.glogowski@simpson.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.  http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/page/4/

Did Simpson know they would be losing their OC over a month ago?  Or is this a different assistant leaving the program? 

http://m.mankatofreepress.com/sports/msu-football-program-has-new-offensive-coordinator/article_bb1ab47e-d360-11e4-a133-5b8f7a2669b3.html?mode=jqm

Nice to see a coach moving up the food chain.  Hope he does well. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

5 Words or Less

Quote from: doolittledog on April 02, 2015, 01:18:02 PM
Quote from: 5 Words or Less on February 07, 2015, 11:36:20 AM
Simpson's also looking to hire

Simpson College (D-III – IA): Simpson College seeks applications for a full-time Assistant Football Coach. This position will be responsible for assisting with all coaching responsibilities, which may include, but not be limited to: recruitment of qualified student- athletes; organization and preparation of practice; budget management; fund raising; community involvement; and compliance with college, conference (IIAC) and NCAA rules. The successful candidate must be willing to travel and a have valid driver's license. B.A. required, M.A. preferred Send letter of application, resume with a list of 3 professional references to jim.glogowski@simpson.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.  http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/page/4/

Did Simpson know they would be losing their OC over a month ago?  Or is this a different assistant leaving the program? 

http://m.mankatofreepress.com/sports/msu-football-program-has-new-offensive-coordinator/article_bb1ab47e-d360-11e4-a133-5b8f7a2669b3.html?mode=jqm

Nice to see a coach moving up the food chain.  Hope he does well.

Good luck Coach Berschorner!

wartknight

Not trying to be a tool, but tough watching Duke getting all the calls (again-bs)!!!

"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

doolittledog

Quote from: wartknight on April 06, 2015, 11:32:09 PM
Not trying to be a tool, but tough watching Duke getting all the calls (again-bs)!!!

wartknight

Quote from: doolittledog on April 07, 2015, 01:33:17 AM

Too funny dd! I gave you a + k & noticed you are @ 38-0 on your new registration. Pretty impressive start! I'll bet you will do something the cats couldn't & get to 40-0.

The Cubbies already blew their chance to go undefeated.  ;D
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

doolittledog

Quote from: wartknight on April 07, 2015, 09:07:15 AM
Quote from: doolittledog on April 07, 2015, 01:33:17 AM

Too funny dd! I gave you a + k & noticed you are @ 38-0 on your new registration. Pretty impressive start! I'll bet you will do something the cats couldn't & get to 40-0.

The Cubbies already blew their chance to go undefeated.  ;D

Here's something that could get me negative K...I have family members that went to Kentucky AND Duke...and I'm a Cardinals fan  ;D  Though as an Iowa fan, and someone that lived on the Wisconsin border for a number of years, I was rooting for Big Ten member Bucky to win it all. 

Glad you saw the humor in which it was intended!

Dubuque spring practices started yesterday.  Anyone else with spring news?  Coaching turnover? Recruits? New building projects?  Available roofing jobs? ...stuff like that?  ;)

badgerwarhawk

While I agree with you regarding the officiating there was a much bigger problem that the BADGERS were unable to cope with and that was the two Duke guards.  They killed us. 

Regardless of the outcome I'm proud to be a BADGERS dude this morning. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

doolittledog

Looking at the IIAC website I see the 2015 schedules are up. 

Non-com games stand thus...

BVU
9/05 @ UW-Platteville
9/12 @ St. Johns
9/19 BYE
9/26 Waldorf

Central
9/0 Benedictine
9/12 @ Monmouth
9/19 @ Maranatha Baptist
9/26 BYE

Coe
9/05 Wheaton
9/12 Cornell
9/19 @ UW-Stevens Point
9/26 BYE

Dubuque
9/05 @ St. Johns
9/12 UW-Platteville
9/19 @ Pacific
9/26 Bye

Loras
9/05 @Elmhurst
9/12 UW-Stout
9/19 Augustana
9/26 BYE

Luther
9/05 @ UW-Lacrosse
9/12 St. Olaf
9/19 @ Grinnell
9/26 BYE

Simpson
9/05 UW-River Falls
9/12 BYE
9/19 @ Illinois Wesleyan
9/26 Elmhurst

Wartburg
9/05 Augsburg
9/12 @ Bethel
9/19 @ UW-Stout
9/26 BYE

Heavy on MIAC, WIAC, CCIW
UW-Platteville gets BVU and Dubuque
St. Johns gets BVU and Dubuque
Elmhurst gets Loras and Simpson
UW-Stout gets Loras and Wartburg

Make of it what you will

Pat Coleman

Quote from: doolittledog on April 20, 2015, 05:30:36 PM
Looking at the IIAC website I see the 2015 schedules are up. 

Non-com games stand thus...

BVU
9/05 @ UW-Platteville
9/12 @ St. Johns
9/19 BYE
9/26 Waldorf

Central
9/0 Benedictine
9/12 @ Monmouth
9/19 @ Maranatha Baptist
9/26 BYE

Coe
9/05 Wheaton
9/12 Cornell
9/19 @ UW-Stevens Point
9/26 BYE

Dubuque
9/05 @ St. Johns
9/12 UW-Platteville
9/19 @ Pacific
9/26 Bye

Loras
9/05 @Elmhurst
9/12 UW-Stout
9/19 Augustana
9/26 BYE

Luther
9/05 @ UW-Lacrosse
9/12 St. Olaf
9/19 @ Grinnell
9/26 BYE

Simpson
9/05 UW-River Falls
9/12 BYE
9/19 @ Illinois Wesleyan
9/26 Elmhurst

Wartburg
9/05 Augsburg
9/12 @ Bethel
9/19 @ UW-Stout
9/26 BYE

Make of it what you will

All Division III schedules are on D3football.com at this point, at least everything that a school has released.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

doolittledog

Tyler Rutenbeck of Dubuque signs as an undrafted free agent with the Redskins

http://www.thonline.com/sports/other_sports/article_72bc09a6-2109-52cc-8333-324449d69ee4.html

From the article...

The Washington Redskins signed University of Dubuque receiver Tyler Rutenbeck as an undrafted free agent according to reports on Saturday following the final day of the NFL draft in Chicago.

Rutenbeck, a 6-foot-4, 180-pound product of Maquoketa, Iowa, finished his career at UD as the program's all-time leader in touchdown catches (42) and is third in yards per catch (16.7), scoring (254 points) and receiving yards (2,715). His 163 receptions rank fourth in school history.

He caught 66 passes for 918 yards and 11 touchdowns in 10 games as a senior last season. As a junior, Rutenbeck led the Iowa Conference with 68 receptions and was eighth in the NCAA Division III with 1,269 yards. His 22 TD catches led D-III. He was named to the AP Little All-America team, comprised of players from the D-II, D-III and NAIA level.

Rutenbeck became the second product of Maquoketa High School to reach the NFL, joining former Iowa State quarterback Sage Rosenfels.

LogHanRatings

Quote from: doolittledog on April 20, 2015, 05:30:36 PM

Make of it what you will

After the IIAC's impressive performance in the non-conference this season, I'm sure they'll be just fine. I actually did some computer rankings in my free time recently, and the IIAC comes in as the third toughest conference in the country: http://loghanratings.blogspot.com/2015/05/rating-ranking-conferences.html

doolittledog

UD safety Darren Myles signed with the Vikings today.