FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACMob

The yellow/ gold is too hard to read gang.  GO PROFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS--  this is just a test of the Computer Nonliterate Union (CNU for short)

MSC57

Just checking in, I love the new look. Any news on the Redhawks would be appreciated.

rams1102

2 1/2 weeks to the first game, pre-season camps are open and this board is basically dead. Waz up  ???
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

Xtreem9087

GOOD LUCK TCNJ!!!!

1995 ECAC CHAMPS

rams1102

I was surfing the NJAC at lunch and low and behold Willey P. had their 2005 roster listed. A bunch of freshmen from Queen Of Peace-NWK and Hackensack HS. I also noticed a Jr. transfer from WVU - Mat Daniels, DB, 5-11, 185#'s. Couldn't find any more info. Can't wait till 8-23 when Pat's publication comes out. The NJAC is like the Gustapo. We need Col. Hogan to get us some info.

LET'S  GO  MIGHTY  RED  HAWKS  !!!!!!!!!
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

JT

In my news searches I've discovered that a room in a Cortland dorm is haunted by a football player.

Cortland - State University of New York - Cortland - Each year in the Clark dorm building, at Suny Cortland, room 716, a football player is spotted wearing his uniform with a gash in his eyebrow that is bleeding. He is said to be lurking in the hallways and sitting outside on the window sill.

http://www.juiceenewsdaily.com/0105/news/haunted_new_york.html

Scott

WHATS UP? 5 DAYS OF CAMP AND NO UPDATES!
WHERE IS ALBIE?

pg04

I am just hungry for some real live football...and not preseason NFL either!!! I NEEEEEED IT NOW!!!!

the source

a reason albie is not on here giving the rowan camp low down is because his son was not invited to camp, sorry to hear that, but one thing that i did hear is that rowan has a transfer d-end from Purdue and he is looking really good, although he has not played for a couple of years

rams1102

Albie,

Early this morning I read the above post and was very disturbed. Basically it sucks !!! I know there are 2 sides to a story. I hope your son is hanging in there. Even though I have not met you, I consider you a friend. This goes beyond the MSU- Rowan rilvery. Remember we have roots going back to Edgewater. I don't expect you to respond by post, but please send me an e-mail whenever you feel the time is right. rams1102@optonline.net Hang in there my friend !!!!

phil

So if I'm not mistaken, Albie's son spends the better part of a year rehabing for a final season of college football while Albie spends the better part of a year coming to grips with funding an extra year of college. Considering Albie's connections (as well as his son's), you would think they would have had a clearer picture of the intentions of the coaching staff before it came to this. You would also think that the folks at Rowan would be willing to part with one of those coveted 100 roster spots considering what Albie's family went through to get to this point. Unless he was trying to play against a doctor's recommendation he should have been granted a spot. But then again, if they're trying to make room for D1 transfers again we shouldn't be surprised. Hello 1996.

And since this is my first post of the new board, here are my picks for the '05 NJAC season:
1) Cortland: Just because Rowan has to go there and Cortland hasn't pissed me off today.
2) Rowan: Can't afford a slip at Cortland if they don't get it done against CNU
3) Western Conn: Great offense with a defense that can't possibly be as bad as last year.
4) TCNJ: Heavy graduation losses means they go into the season with a very suspect defense.
5) Montclair: Could easily slide into the three spot – but is this a program on the decline? The administration doesn't seem to care much for athletics.
6) Kean: Similar to Rutgers. It's time to show us something.
7) WPU: Could make great strides in a couple years – but how long does a coach in his 60's want to coach?

JT

I'll have to check my list of returning players for Jim's name.  I wrote the NJAC portion of the D3football.com preview.  Went to NJAC media day and got some decent info.  I just hope a did a good job writing it.  I'm very critical of my own stuff, and wrote 3 drafts.

I haven't heard anything regarding Jim, so I don't know if there is anything to it or not.

the source

phil, it was not a case of making room for transfers, just because someones dad is on here talking there son up doesnt mean they will be in camp.  He was not an angel, he didnt come to all the games when he was hurt, or even practice, or even do his rehab.  For all the players that were injured last year like Eric sprengel , Pat Thompson, they were there to root the team on, sometimes no one knew were jim was?  There were things he did coaches felt were wrong, and was just a distraction to the team, so that is why he is not here, the coaches didnt screw him he screwed himself

the source

Phil I like your picks for the 2005 season except you just need to flip flop the number 1 and number 2.  You just cant go against Rowan this year in the NJAC.  They could be a stronger team than last year that for the most part dominated the NJAC last year.  All they loose is a couple of guys people forget how young that team was last year.  They loose two offensive lineman in blum and george, but they have some really good young guys to step up in that position.  The big key is running back with the loss of Pat who was just an explosive back.  But they have a couple of transfer running backs and also some good ones returning form last year.  There defense is going to be strong as ever.  The whole defense is back except Mcclain, even though that is a big loss they get Trout back at linebacker who was hurt all of last year.  One other key returner is John Berry is back and he will have a big year after having to sit out last year for some bull crap reasons.  I just cant see betting against this team, It should be a great year for the Profs!!!  Oh and did I mention Orihel and Wright