FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rams1102

Source,

Can't disagree with Rowan as the team to beat. Cortland is well coached and will always be in the game. I'm hoping that MSU will surprise a few people. I'm figuring we should win our first 2 games and a great test against Salisbury. Don't have a clue as to our QB situition and I wish I did. That will be key this year. Maybe it will be Hawkins. Watch out for TCNJ because they are always tough, especially against MSU and Rowan. They open against the Mules and with a win could become very tough.

LET'S  GO  MIGHTY  RED  HAWKS  !!!!!!!!
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

JT

Dave,

Buy the preview.  The NJAC has a few interesting twists this year.

Scott

Source,
Thanks for the insider point of view!
Keep posting

rams1102

JT,

Bought the Preview the day Pat announced it. I need a football fix, How about a few tid bits ;D
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

JT

Dave,

Just a few more days,  after that I may be even able to comment or add to a few things to you might read.

I'm gonna buy it too.  I got my NJAC fix, but want to check out the other teams.

Pat Coleman

We'll comp the writers, JT, no worries. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

JT

4merprof

Scrimage today at the Rowan dome.  Good Luck Profs!!!  The season finally starts to take shape after a LONG off season on this board.

ACMob

Phil, RU has to be in the top spot.  Cortland hasn't merited a first place prediction until they do something within the conference.  Cortland's first game with the Port will give us an idea.  Sorry PORT!  I got to root for the conference member in the opener.  ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??!!??

rams1102

Finailly got my D3 fix today  ;D  Had to take the old people grocery shopping, so when we were done at 1:45 I thought I would drive by Sam Mills Field, sorry I mean Sprague field and there were the boys on the field and they had an inter squad scrimage. It was a little piece of heaven for 1 1/2 hours. Got to talk to some people and it was relly nice. Not bad for one week. Another 2 weeks under their belt and it will be time to rock and roll. Next Sat is a scrimage against Lakawanna. This was really nice. Now it's time to cut the grass  :(

LET'S  GO  MIGHTY  RED  HAWKS  !!!!!!!

the source

bad news for the profs, after having to sit out all of last year, john berry might have tore his MCL and ACL in the scrimmage on saturday. 

JT

Source,

That would be really bad news for Jon.  After getting royally screwed last year,  I hope it turns out to be just a sprain.  He is one of the good guys.

Dr. xGSC

Sadly RU will be without Jon Berry and his superb talent this year at WR. Confirmed that he tore his MCL and ACL on the same knee in a non-contact 1:1 drill.
LONG LIVE THE BORO!

If you do ANYTHING, give it your EVERYTHING!

Scott

Bring Back the Battaglia kid to fill Berry's roster spot!!!!!!
This board needs Albie Back!
Keep up the good reports SOURCE.
Could the Source be ALBIE?

dpadavona

Gotta admit I am surprised so many people are picking Cortland in the top-2 NJAC.  From what I understand it was a very good recruiting year, but those kids will be green.  I think the QB Alex Smith is very talented and could step up as a sophomore, and Dustin Bowser at HB (I assume he is the camp front runner) is arguably better than Davis.  The O-Line is big and tough. 

It's the Defense which worries me, and needs the most improvement.  If you look at the 3 toughest opponents last season - Ithaca, Rowan, and Brockport - they all put up between 30 and nearly 50 points against Cortland.  A problem for 2 consecutive seasons has been the smallish corners and the secondary giving up long plays.  I understand they have some good looking freshman competing for those spots...but again they will be green.  I was also surprised to see Ithaca's front push around Cortland's front in the Cortaca Jug game.

If the defense is up to the task, I think a top 2 finish is attainable.  Otherwise we're a 3rd place / 4th place team again.  I'm cautiously optimistic going into the Brockport opener.

http://cortlandfootball.com