FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlippiel

Quote from: Bartman on August 22, 2015, 09:44:04 AM
LL title race will be interesting this year as St.Lawrence has some strong returners and Hobart has lost some "once in a lifetime players" in Coleman and Marpet. I appreciate the analysis of many of the early posts. Do not lose faith Union followerers, you should have a great passing game this year and Cioffi is a scary talent for opponents.
  Can't help to give a shout out to Ali Marpet as he continues his progress and certainly needs no support from "Whittfoot"(http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Standouts-from-Training-Camp-August-19/b7fb25ff-d385-4b6e-b8fd-2d41314ecec6) . Less than 5 years ago I saw a 230 pound Marpet level a 285 pound High School lineman that eventually played for Boston College. His natural acceleration through a hit is super human and should help make Winston safe. But Ali is now an alum(unfortunate for the Hobart QB's).
   If coach Cragg can win the LL after losing his 2 top coaching coordinators and loss of key seniors from last year, it will be his greatest season. Driving past the "Boz" during the beginning days of practice and watching the new transfers , freshman and returners that are looking to make their mark gave you the feeling that these kids are hungry for their time. Coach Cragg looked totally "in charge and confident". Can't wait for the season to start as the purity of the D3 football competition is a great game...so let's support our league this year . Good luck to  all in OOC games and hopefully we will have some good wins in the early games .

Nice to hear the excitement regarding The Pumpkin-heads Bartman! +k for the OOC comment. Dlip would love to see the LL schools excel! (Yes I am talking to you SLU! You better hammer Norwich! 😡

dlippiel

Quote from: ITH radio on August 22, 2015, 11:20:44 AM
2015 HC preview is up on CA blog:

Http://gohobart.blogspot.com

Great work as always! +k Dlip is interested to see who wins the QB job.

D3pc

http://www.libertyleagueathletics.com/news/2015/8/24/FB_0824153144.aspx

For those who haven't seen. Even i was surprised (and i think SLU does win it this year) to see them ahead of hobart in the preseason rankings. Granted it was by 1 point, but goes to show what a great year we could have with those two teams.

Also, does that mean one of the coaches voted Hobart to finish 3rd or have my math skills diminished?

Bartman

Quote from: dlip on August 22, 2015, 03:53:40 PM
Quote from: ITH radio on August 22, 2015, 11:20:44 AM
2015 HC preview is up on CA blog:

Http://gohobart.blogspot.com

Great work as always! +k Dlip is interested to see who wins the QB job.
Agreed, nice work by ITH and dlip in preseason analysis of Hobart and Union. The preseason forecast putting SLU as the favorite is great for Hobart motivation, but it is also valid based on returning letterman. The advantage Hobart has this year is that the SLU game is late and new starters(and new coaching coordinators) have time to mature. As I said in an earlier post, if Cragg can grab another LL title it may be his best season as a coach.  Upsets of either team before the Hobart-SLU November matchup could change this potentially dramatic game(  at "the Boz" this year!) as RPI or Rochester may surprise one of these teams early.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

dlippiel

Union will scrimmage Hartwick this Friday at 5pm in Schenectady.

pg04

Quote from: dlip on August 19, 2015, 09:10:00 PM
First blog entry of the season on www.dlipthedutchman.blogspot.com. Much more to come...

Nice job, dlip! Very cool.

dlippiel

Quote from: pg04 on August 25, 2015, 11:52:31 AM
Quote from: dlip on August 19, 2015, 09:10:00 PM
First blog entry of the season on www.dlipthedutchman.blogspot.com. Much more to come...

Nice job, dlip! Very cool.

Thanks so much pg04! It's great to see you on here! This year George Cuttita (former Union SID from 1980-2005) are working together on the blog. It's a blast!

PBR...

Pretty cool article for any Univ of Rochester fans with lots of history and fans of high school football in general from the area of Rochester....
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post/_/id/71364/penn-state-qb-commit-jake-zembiec-finds-friendship-with-101-year-old-alum

D3pc

Union vs Hartwick
SLU vs Ithaca
Hobart vs Buff State

what else is on tap for scrimmages this weekend?

UfanBill

Many thanks to everyone who posts about their teams 2015 prospects, especially my friend DLIP and his Union blogspot. Coach John Audino is back and I for one had my doubts that he should or would be.  I'm hoping that a renewed energy will sweep over the Union coaching staff and the winning ways will return.  Coach Audino has stated that the effort was there and that they just need "to finish the game".  Well that's where IMHO the coaching staff let down last year. There is considerable talent on offense and with the bend but don't break tough D, a solid season is attainable.  I agree with DLIP that pass defense is the key.  I'm really looking forward to the Ithaca opener.  Props to Ithaca for already scheduling the NYS conference.  The new look Empire 8 is all NYS and non-leagues vs Hobart and Union. Good luck to the Bombers after their opening L!

"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Bartman

Could Franks join Marpet and  make it 2 Liberty Leaguers as NFL rookies in Florida?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/division-iii-to-nfl-kicker-andrew-franks-has-shot-/nnTX9/

Good luck to this Engineer in making the Dolphins!

Marpet  started the last 2 pre season games at RG for the Bucs, but couldn't keep his "no sacks" streak going in the NFL...he is getting better every game but he is working his butt off .....LL defenders were never like this!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

D3pc

Good read ^^.

On a mother note, word from Canton was Ithaca's starters were unable to score a single point on St lawrence's defense in the scrimmage. Impressive for SLU, but I don't believe Ithaca features a problematic offense either. Im sure they have plenty of size, but play making ability may not be great.

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

dlippiel

dlippiel

Very impressed with WPI thus far. They lead MIT 27-21 at the half. SLU not looking good (from the little I watched) down 22-14 to Moville at the half.