ECACs

Started by AUKaz00, November 16, 2008, 09:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Rossi

ECAC Northeast/Northwest Declared Teams (Final - Withdrawn Declarations Deleted):

Conf Div
School           W-L  W-L
------------------------- 
Husson           0-0  7-0 *
RPI              5-2  7-2
Hartwick         4-2  7-2 *
Alfred           4-2  7-3
St. John Fisher  4-2  6-4
Union            4-3  5-4

* - Potential Pool C team

AUKaz00

So, there are a few considerations here.  First, there are 3 E8 teams and there will only be 3 games.  So, which E8 school plays which other team?  And do Husson, RPI and Wick all host?  If so, then who flies to Husson for a game?  I would think it would either be Alfred or Fisher, though Wick is marginally closer. 

Here is my guess:

Fisher at Husson
Alfred at RPI
Union at Wick

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Pep who was dropping KazooTwo off at the airport and he thinks the matchups will be:
Fisher at RPI
Husson at Wick
Union at Alfred

Pep believes that the ECACs have always looked favorably at the E8 for hosting ECAC bowls.  And Pep also pointed out that Alfred played Norwich in an ECAC (in 2004?) so we could see an E8 rematch next weekend.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

BoSox0322

I would love to see

RPI - Hartwick
Fisher  - Union
Alfred - Husson

and let the E8 run wild

E8

Quote from: DVCFan11 on November 16, 2008, 12:22:15 PM
how about Rowan vs DVC in the east ECAC

Rowan declined an opportunity to play if they were chosen for an ECAC bowl bid.

sjfcards

When do the ECAC pairings come out?
GO FISHER!!!

gordonmann

Tomorrow.

And I don't think Rowan even declared itself eligible for the ECACs so they were unlikely to get an invite.

Senor RedTackle

Would love to see an AU v RPI for his pops, AU football '56

labart96

Quote from: Senor RedTackle on November 16, 2008, 10:58:15 PM
Would love to see an AU v RPI for his pops, AU football '56

can only hope peps can implore you and your old man into the au pep band.

you can play kazoo right?

AUPepBand

Pep would enjoy an AU vs. RPI game...if RPI hosted, would it be the FINALE on '86 Field? Don't know if Pep could muster a band for a trip to Troy...how's about the Engineers meander out to Mayberry? Either place, bring a kazoo (or other instrument) and you're in the AU Pep Band!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Senor RedTackle

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 17, 2008, 08:11:20 AM
Pep would enjoy an AU vs. RPI game...if RPI hosted, would it be the FINALE on '86 Field? Don't know if Pep could muster a band for a trip to Troy...how's about the Engineers meander out to Mayberry? Either place, bring a kazoo (or other instrument) and you're in the AU Pep Band!

yes, would be the finale on historic '86

AUKaz00

Quote from: Senor RedTackle on November 17, 2008, 08:16:56 AM

I told Pep that I wouldn't be able to make a trip for the ECACs, but if it turns out to be AU @ RPI then I think I'll take Kaz00 Jr. and work my magic with Mrs. Kaz00.  I would much rather a home game since Pep and I are eyeing Cortaca II for a road trip and I might as well file the divorce papers if I tried to pull off trips to Albany and Ithaca in successive weekends.

Senor RedTackle

Quote from: Commish Kaz00 on November 17, 2008, 08:47:22 AM
Quote from: Senor RedTackle on November 17, 2008, 08:16:56 AM

I told Pep that I wouldn't be able to make a trip for the ECACs, but if it turns out to be AU @ RPI then I think I'll take Kaz00 Jr. and work my magic with Mrs. Kaz00.  I would much rather a home game since Pep and I are eyeing Cortaca II for a road trip and I might as well file the divorce papers if I tried to pull off trips to Albany and Ithaca in successive weekends.

Frank Rossi would handle the litigation at no charge.....

'gro

Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 16, 2008, 01:28:00 PM
ECAC Northeast/Northwest Declared Teams (Final - Withdrawn Declarations Deleted):

Conf Div
School           W-L  W-L
------------------------- 
Husson           0-0  7-0 *
RPI              5-2  7-2
Hartwick         4-2  7-2 *
Alfred           4-2  7-3
St. John Fisher  4-2  6-4
Union            4-3  5-4

* - Potential Pool C team

Hmmmmm, why didn't WPI put in for an ECAC game?

My Predictions

Husson @ RPI
Union @ Alfred
Hartwick @ Fisher - yup, a rematch.

AUKaz00

Quote from: 'gro on November 17, 2008, 09:05:53 AM

My Predictions

Husson @ RPI
Union @ Alfred

What is your rationale for Wick traveling to Fisher?  Wick has the better record and H2H.  So, while I think the rematch would be fun, I'd assume that Fisher would travel back to "The Cage."

'gro

Quote from: Commish Kaz00 on November 17, 2008, 09:08:12 AM
Quote from: 'gro on November 17, 2008, 09:05:53 AM

My Predictions

Husson @ RPI
Union @ Alfred

What is your rationale for Wick traveling to Fisher?  Wick has the better record and H2H.  So, while I think the rematch would be fun, I'd assume that Fisher would travel back to "The Cage."

Check that - Fisher @ Wick