ECACs

Started by AUKaz00, November 16, 2008, 09:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT

Quote from: gordonmann on November 16, 2008, 09:48:41 PM
Tomorrow.

And I don't think Rowan even declared itself eligible for the ECACs so they were unlikely to get an invite.

Correct.  Rowan doesn't apply for the ECAC's.

fisheralum91

time today for the pairings?

fisheralum91

just announced- Fisher will travel to Husson in Bangor ME noon Sat. in the ECACs

AUKaz00

Did you hear from a source inside Fisher or is it posted somewhere?  The past couple years I've leaned on Pep's media position to wrest the information away from Moretti or Murray and that wasn't until well after noon.

And if Fisher is flying to Maine, then Alfred has played its last home game of the year.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

superman57

I am signed up as part of the Fisher Text message service from the athletic department, and I got a text from them saying as much
Quote from: Tags on October 10, 2007, 10:59:38 PM
You're the only dood on the board that doesn't know & accept that '57 can't spell.

Poor grammar and horrible spelling... it's just how he rolls.

redswarm81

Quote from: Senor RedTackle on November 17, 2008, 08:16:56 AM
Quote from: AUPepBand on November 17, 2008, 08:11:20 AM
Pep would enjoy an AU vs. RPI game...if RPI hosted, would it be the FINALE on '86 Field? Don't know if Pep could muster a band for a trip to Troy...how's about the Engineers meander out to Mayberry? Either place, bring a kazoo (or other instrument) and you're in the AU Pep Band!

yes, would be the finale on historic '86

That's the silver lining in RPI's last two games, it seems to me--gives '86 Field one last chance to go out a winner.

'86 Field: 1912 - 2008

I said a few weeks ago that RPI - Wick could/should be entertaining.
Irritating SAT-lagging Union undergrads and alums since 1977

AUKaz00

Well, with Fisher and Husson off the board, I would assume that the ECAC would reward both Wick and RPI with home games.  So, it would either be two rematches or Union to Wick and Alfred to RPI.  Though I wouldn't mind at all if you were right, RS81.  I'd love to see Union at Alfred and Wick at RPI.

Frank Rossi

I'll let you guys know now that the ECAC Committee changed its own rules that had been previously placed on their website.  The Committee will consider Brockport as part of the Northwest despite its membership to the NJAC.  This goes counter to the following link:

http://www.ecac.org/championships/team/fball/2008-09/D3_Football_Alignments.pdf

dlippiel

Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 17, 2008, 10:16:59 AM
I'll let you guys know now that the ECAC Committee changed its own rules that had been previously placed on their website.  The Committee will consider Brockport as part of the Northwest despite its membership to the NJAC.  This goes counter to the following link:

I think Brockport is going to Wick on Sat.

AUKaz00

Quote from: dlippiel on November 17, 2008, 10:19:15 AM

Port in the North would mean that Union is on the outside looking in.  I still think they should refrain from rematching Alfred and Wick, though I'd like to see if the Saxons could finish off that 1st and Goal the second time around!

dlippiel

Quote from: Commish Kaz00 on November 17, 2008, 10:22:47 AM
Quote from: dlippiel on November 17, 2008, 10:19:15 AM

Port in the North would mean that Union is on the outside looking in.  I still think they should refrain from rematching Alfred and Wick, though I'd like to see if the Saxons could finish off that 1st and Goal the second time around!

I don't think Union is getting a bid :-[ I hope I am wrong.

AUKaz00

Pep just got word that it's Alfred at RPI.  Now I need to work some magic with Mrs. Kaz00...

theoriginalupstate

fisheralum91

along with super- i to get the texts from the athletic dept- hence the quick track

Jonny Utah

One quick thing for those going to Bangor, ME for the ECAC clash between SJF and Husson.

- Pats Pizza.  (11 Mill St. in Orono) About 20 minutes from the Husson campus.  Good food.