LL in game updates

Started by labart96, September 12, 2009, 11:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlippiel

Quote from: UfanBill on September 27, 2014, 03:57:04 PM
The slide continues :'(...Union Dbacks can't contain the big Larrie receivers in the 2nd half. St. Lawrence scores 21 straight and defeats Union 28-20. Connor Eck threw 2 picks and the O line was punished by the St. Lawrence sack attack.  Things are much different now for the Dutchmen.

A tough day...a tough day :( Dlip is ****ing devastated!

UfanBill

The newest new LOW...Eck benched to start the game, QB Blake Geller throws two picks, one a pick six and it's WPI 23- Union 0 at halftime.  Something I once loved so much is gone. It feels like a death in the family  :'(
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

lewdogg11

Ouch to Union so far. Larries up 10-3 on RPI at the half.  Statement made by Hobart.

dlippiel

U of R leading RPI 20-10 in the 3rd Q. Amazing how much the Engineers must miss Avery.

Bartman

Hobart leading SLU at the half 13-7. Very hard hitting as SLU starting QB knocked out of game and 3 other injuries. Hobart  moving the ball well on the Larries but have given the ball up twice(Interception and a strip fumble) . Hobart loses discipline on a fourth down play that looks like a punt formation and SLU scores on the next play.  Should be a good second half as Larry defense needs to stiffen and Hobart needs to hold on to the ball. Hobart won the toss and elected to recieve the second half kickoff. Big possession for both teams to start the half.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

Connor Hartigan scores on a 73 yard run on first play of the half...Hobart offensive line opens a huge hole behind Marpet. Hobart 20-7.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

59 yard scoop and score by SLU on Hobart fumble . Third turnover by Hobart when they were moving on the Larries defense. Hobart 20 SLU 14. Snow and high winds.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bartman on November 08, 2014, 02:55:42 PM
59 yard scoop and score by SLU on Hobart fumble . Third turnover by Hobart when they were moving on the Larries defense. Hobart 20 SLU 14. Snow and high winds.

North Country....brings back memories of Saxons at Weeks Field....Yunie's last year, AU won the game 3-2, the Larries' only regular season loss in 1976.
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Bartman

Hobart turns ball over for the fifth time, and Larries take advantage, SLU 21, Hobart 20. Hobart outgaining SLU almost 4 to 1, but killing themselves on turnovers. Let's see who wants it more in the 4th quarter.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

DeWall special screen goes for Hobart score and they miss 2 point conversion. Hobart 26 SLU 21. Hobart defense needs to step up now.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

SLU scores on long pass play and misses conversion. SLU 27 Hobart 26. Up to the Hobart offense now.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

Hobart FG with 1 minute left. Hobart 29, SLU 27. Crazy close due to Hobart's 5 turnovers.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

Time runs out as SLU completes a final pass to the 15 of Hobart. Hobart wins LL title as Freshman placekicker hits a winner and Hobart defense holds on.   Congrats for a never give up attitude from a very tough St. Lawrence squad.  Hobart needed a nail biter game like this before the playoffs to see if they had the grit in a close game against a talented team.  :P
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

dlippiel

RPI leads MIT 21-7 early in the 2nd. this is the second time Dlip has watched RPI and he is liking what he see. Keep it up!

UfanBill

Union scores against WNEU to take it's first lead of the season after a muffed punt, 7-0. Nice free video courtesy of WNEU.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳