2010 Alfland Mug

Started by AUPepBand, November 24, 2010, 08:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUKaz00

I always thought it was just a clever slogan!  :D
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

saxontad

Quote from: AUKaz00 on November 24, 2010, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: dahlby on November 24, 2010, 12:43:39 PM
Love underdogs...everything to gain and nothing to lose. GO AU!

From a West Coast Fan!!!

Get those horns tuned and drum skins tightened!!!

We'd love to, but it seems that Cortland has a no fun, err no band, policy in their Stadium Complex.  Looks like it'll be retro day for the band going back to our all-kazoo roots!

Are you kidding?  If that's true what a bunch of party poopers!!

On Saxon Warriors!!

AUKaz00

Quote from: saxontad on November 24, 2010, 01:33:41 PM

From a West Coast Fan!!!

We'd love to, but it seems that Cortland has a no fun, err no band, policy in their Stadium Complex.  Looks like it'll be retro day for the band going back to our all-kazoo roots!

On Saxon Warriors!!

Seems as though someone is reading.  We just got permission to play!

On Saxon Warriors!!!
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

Frank Rossi

I'm proud to announce that Eric Ren and I will be broadcasting the "Alfland" game in conjunction with CSTV over Ustream.tv this Saturday.  Pregame starts at 11:45am, and we will post the official link in the upcoming days.  Note that mobile phone users (especially Android and iPhone users) can watch the game by downloading the Ustream.tv app in your respective app stores.

RedDragonFan

From a West Coast Fan!!!

My email and 50 cents won't buy a NY Post anymore but sent one off to several people at Cortland asking what gives.  Not allowing bands just sounds wrong unless there's some legit reason why they don't allow.  Whenever that's the case, I immediately think there's some liability issue but for the life of me can't think of one.  Probably just a inane rule someone put on paper and it's never been reviewed.

saxontad

Quote from: AUKaz00 on November 24, 2010, 01:39:50 PM
Quote from: saxontad on November 24, 2010, 01:33:41 PM

From a West Coast Fan!!!

On Saxon Warriors!!

Seems as though someone is reading.  We just got permission to play!

On Saxon Warriors!!!

Outstanding!!  Now I can get back to polite mode!!

On Saxon Warriors!!  Slay the Dragons (there, I said it)!!

RedDragonFan

Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 24, 2010, 01:54:36 PM

From a West Coast Fan!!!

My email and 50 cents won't buy a NY Post anymore but sent one off to several people at Cortland asking what gives.  Not allowing bands just sounds wrong unless there's some legit reason why they don't allow.  Whenever that's the case, I immediately think there's some liability issue but for the life of me can't think of one.  Probably just a inane rule someone put on paper and it's never been reviewed.
Looks like somone beat me to it or someone at Cortland saw your plight.  Happy they made the right decision.  Cortland may be a lot of things but party poopers in my experience, they have never been!

saxontad

Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 24, 2010, 02:04:48 PM
Quote from: RedDragonFan on November 24, 2010, 01:54:36 PM

From a West Coast Fan!!!

Looks like somone beat me to it or someone at Cortland saw your plight.  Happy they made the right decision.  Cortland may be a lot of things but party poopers in my experience, they have never been!

Glad to hear it.  So let's all have a blast on Saturday!!  I cannot wait.

On Saxon Warriors!!

XREDDRAGON77

Good to see the game will be streamed.  Although we have an early season HS wrestling tournament.....there may be hope of catching a glimpse of the game off my laptop between bouts! 

Now back to Top Gun!   Maverick just pulled his circus stunt move over the Mig!  Great flick!
Taste It!

dahlby

I suggest you pass out kazoo's to everyone.
What is college football without the band, yell groups and pumped up fans?
That really s___ks!

A West Coaster pulliing for the underdog!

By the way, to the best of my knowledge there is no rule against bands at NCAA D3 playoff games. We have had our band playing at them before. Maybe Cortland doesn't have a band and as a result doesn't want the disadvantage against a visiting team that has school spirit.

MINUS 100K to those at Cortland that made that decision. Isn't D3 all about the experience...from the players, to the students, alumni and friends that support the programs?

maxpower

dahlby, take some time to read the whole board before you rant.... Cortland has acquiesced!

Frank Rossi

Quote from: dahlby on November 24, 2010, 03:30:06 PM
That really s___ks!

By the way, to the best of my knowledge there is no rule against bands at NCAA D3 playoff games. We have had our band playing at them before. Maybe Cortland doesn't have a band and as a result doesn't want the disadvantage against a visiting team that has school spirit.

MINUS 100K to those at Cortland that made that decision. Isn't D3 all about the experience...from the players, to the students, alumni and friends that support the programs?

Psst... I think a subsequent post stated that Cortland is allowing the band after all.  ;-)

maxpower

Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 24, 2010, 03:40:29 PM
That really s___ks!

Psst... I think a subsequent post stated that Cortland is allowing the band after all.  ;-)

Frank, take some time to read the whole board before you post.... maxpower has pointed it out!

Frank Rossi

Quote from: maxpower on November 24, 2010, 03:41:40 PM
Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 24, 2010, 03:40:29 PM
That really s___ks!

Frank, take some time to read the whole board before you post.... maxpower has pointed it out!

Yes, but I whispered it politely.  Maxpower flexed his muscle in his adaptation. :)

maxpower

Lexicographical ones are the only muscles I bother to flex these days :).