Previous topic - Next topic

joecct

Clarkson College of Technology '77 & '78
2014 NCAA Women's National Collegiate Hockey Champions

Your team was KAI'd last night.

oldhamfan

Quote from: joecct on February 09, 2012, 01:50:03 PM
http://mascac.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/MASCAC_Football_Announcement
Wow, I need my eyes checked. For a moment there, I thought the title of the thread was NESCAC championship added for 13-14.

ECoastFootball

School                      (Conf Record)
1. The Malikke Van Alstine's (8-0)
2. Bridgewater State (7-1)
3. Mass Maritime (5-3)
   Westfield State (5-3)
   Worcester State (5-3)
6. West Conn (3-5)
7. Plymouth State (2-6)
8. UMass Dartmouth (1-7)
9. Fitchburg State (0-8)

Thoughts?

bman

Quote from: ECoastFootball on December 06, 2012, 09:33:17 PM
      School                      (Conf Record)
1. The Malikke Van Alstine's (8-0)
2. Bridgewater State (7-1)
3. Mass Maritime (5-3)
   Westfield State (5-3)
   Worcester State (5-3)
6. West Conn (3-5)
7. Plymouth State (2-6)
8. UMass Dartmouth (1-7)
9. Fitchburg State (0-8)

Thoughts?

My guess is that West Conn is nearer to the top.  They are facing tougher comp in the NJAC, and unless they have lost a whole lot, they should be very competitive...(except on week 1... ;))

Pat Coleman

I think Western Connecticut will be better than 3-5, not because the NJAC is better but because Western Conn will be better next year regardless of the level of competition it's facing.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ECoastFootball

My guess is that West Conn is nearer to the top.  They are facing tougher comp in the NJAC, and unless they have lost a whole lot, they should be very competitive...(except on week 1... ;))
[/quote]

I agree the MASCAC wont be what the NJAC was. But at the top, Framingham lost to Cortland by only 1, and all Van Alstyne jokes aside, are very stout on D. Bridgewater is pretty entrenched as #2. MMA, and WSU are solid and I think Westfield's 3-7 year was an anomaly.

That being said, I think the difference in conference will be shown. WestConn has won one NJAC game in 3 years, and I am calling for them to win 3 MASCAC games in year 1.

Yanks 99

Quote from: ECoastFootball on December 09, 2012, 12:14:09 PM

I agree the MASCAC wont be what the NJAC was. But at the top, Framingham lost to Cortland by only 1, and all Van Alstyne jokes aside, are very stout on D. Bridgewater is pretty entrenched as #2. MMA, and WSU are solid and I think Westfield's 3-7 year was an anomaly.

That being said, I think the difference in conference will be shown. WestConn has won one NJAC game in 3 years, and I am calling for them to win 3 MASCAC games in year 1.
[/quote]

Absolute biggest understatement of the year...
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

Pat Coleman

The point I was trying to make was that I think Western Conn will be better overall. I'd think they could win two or three games in the NJAC next year, which is why I think five wins against next year's schedule is a reasonable projection.

Should be an interesting season.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bman

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 10, 2012, 10:34:13 AM
The point I was trying to make was that I think Western Conn will be better overall. I'd think they could win two or three games in the NJAC next year, which is why I think five wins against next year's schedule is a reasonable projection.

Should be an interesting season.
Pat

Now that West Conn is in the MASCAC, will they be honoring the NJAC/MAC challenge as scheduled?   Assuming it's a little late to change, but not sure.  I haven't heard anything from WU...so assume it's still on...any info?

ECoastFootball

Anyone hear of any news about any of the teams since spring ball? Anybody have any top studs coming in?

Also, I saw that WestConn is opening with Nichols. Welcome to New England Football. West Conn 41, Nichols 7. They should start 2-2, we will find out what they are made of Week 5 when they play their first "middle of the pack" type team.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 06, 2012, 10:50:32 PM
I think Western Connecticut will be better than 3-5, not because the NJAC is better but because Western Conn will be better next year regardless of the level of competition it's facing.

I agree, I believe Western Connecticut is going to better than 3-5, I think they are going to make the conference very competitive. It is going to be very interesting to see how teams respond to them. I wonder if Western Connecticut may surprise some teams as Buff State did in the Empire 8 and then mellow off as the season progress.

Yanks 99

Quote from: D3MAFAN on June 04, 2013, 02:33:45 PM

I agree, I believe Western Connecticut is going to better than 3-5, I think they are going to make the conference very competitive. It is going to be very interesting to see how teams respond to them. I wonder if Western Connecticut may surprise some teams as Buff State did in the Empire 8 and then mellow off as the season progress.

Competitive...compared to who though? 
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Yanks 99 on June 10, 2013, 10:31:41 AM
Quote from: D3MAFAN on June 04, 2013, 02:33:45 PM

Competitive...compared to who though?

I was speaking in terms of competitiveness within the conference. There hasn't been any team that has dominated the conference for a long period of time. I just thing by adding West Connecticut, it is going to improve the conference as whole. As for competing outside the conference, it is up to the conference itself with scheduling OOC games, which I think only a couple teams are doing.

Pat Coleman

They will probably raise the competitiveness level of the conference. By how much, not sure, but they should be in the upper half.

Western Conn's good teams have not performed very well in the tournament. The Colonials are 1-3 in the playoffs, with the lone win coming against Westfield State by an 8-7 score.

lewdogg11

Quote from: Pat Coleman on June 10, 2013, 02:49:20 PM
They will probably raise the competitiveness level of the conference. By how much, not sure, but they should be in the upper half.

Western Conn's good teams have not performed very well in the tournament. The Colonials are 1-3 in the playoffs, with the lone win coming against Westfield State by an 8-7 score.

'What?  Psssssh....'