FB: Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference

Started by joecct, February 09, 2012, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3MAFAN

Quote from: AUPepBand on July 01, 2013, 01:18:52 PM
Quote from: pumkinattack on June 26, 2013, 07:32:51 PM
It's been that way for a while. 

Hobart is now finally making a 10th game more permanent for the first time in 15 odd years (couple of times they've done it by accident in the last decade) and they're probably not dropping Dickinson, who went from a regular 30-75th type team (competitive, regularly winning the CC) to being middle of the pack in that conference.  They've mixed it up in the past with some decent teams like AU, CMU & SJF, but with only still carrying 9 games and hanging onto the opening game with Dickinson, which has happened for 25 or 30yrs running, that's only leaving them one other game - currently UC. 

RPI - OOC = Garbage, it's science. 

Union - Consistently plays IC, but that's worth less these days and Springfield is now in conference. 

UofR used to play a brutal OOC, but I think they're lightening that up these days. 

I don't thin SLU, MMA or WPI have ever really played many OOC games outside of New England.  Springfield appears to also keep many of their games close to home.

Pep has it from a reliable source that the Yellowjackets have scheduled Alfred State for 2014. Pep was sorry when the interesting AU-UR series was not renewed last year. Had some great games with UR. And while Alfred is "on the outside looking in" at the ROC regarding media coverage, whenever the Saxons play in the Rochester area, they get a hefty following, as AU gets a lot of its students from the Rochester area schools.

On Saxon Warriors!

It surprises me that I didn't see them get a lot more Division III opponents on their schedule this year.

Pat Coleman

It's their first year since moving from a two-year program. That kid of schedule isn't too unusual given the circumstances.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AUPepBand

Quote from: D3MAFAN on July 03, 2013, 01:36:42 PM
Quote from: AUPepBand on July 01, 2013, 01:18:52 PM
Quote from: pumkinattack on June 26, 2013, 07:32:51 PM
It's been that way for a while. 

Hobart is now finally making a 10th game more permanent for the first time in 15 odd years (couple of times they've done it by accident in the last decade) and they're probably not dropping Dickinson, who went from a regular 30-75th type team (competitive, regularly winning the CC) to being middle of the pack in that conference.  They've mixed it up in the past with some decent teams like AU, CMU & SJF, but with only still carrying 9 games and hanging onto the opening game with Dickinson, which has happened for 25 or 30yrs running, that's only leaving them one other game - currently UC. 

RPI - OOC = Garbage, it's science. 

Union - Consistently plays IC, but that's worth less these days and Springfield is now in conference. 

UofR used to play a brutal OOC, but I think they're lightening that up these days. 

I don't thin SLU, MMA or WPI have ever really played many OOC games outside of New England.  Springfield appears to also keep many of their games close to home.

Pep has it from a reliable source that the Yellowjackets have scheduled Alfred State for 2014. Pep was sorry when the interesting AU-UR series was not renewed last year. Had some great games with UR. And while Alfred is "on the outside looking in" at the ROC regarding media coverage, whenever the Saxons play in the Rochester area, they get a hefty following, as AU gets a lot of its students from the Rochester area schools.

On Saxon Warriors!

It surprises me that I didn't see them get a lot more Division III opponents on their schedule this year.

The Pioneers were still under contract with a few junior college teams (Erie CC, Hudson Valley CC)...definitely a "transitional" schedule. I was somewhat surprised they landed a deal with Ohio Northern, while Wesley is always looking for a game and A-State actually played Southern Virginia last year. It will be interesting to see where the Pioneers find a conference home. Were they to go for a "football-only" conference, Pep would recommend the ECFC for starters.

The other ASC athletic teams, Pep would think, would land in the SUNYAC....which brings up another point. When, if ever, will the SUNYAC offer its own football conference? They're getting closer to having an AQ with a conference of their own: Alfred State, Brockport State, Buffalo State, Cortland State, Morrisville State,  SUNY-Maritime(?).....Plattsburgh State once fielded a football team. Haven't heard of any other SUNY colleges bringing back (or starting) football. Any posters hear any such thing?

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

D3MAFAN

Quote from: dlip on June 28, 2013, 01:34:25 PM
Dlip would love to see an LL vs. E8 challenge each year. Better yet an LL vs. ODAC (input any other out of region conference) take place. Dlip knows there are/would be financial challenges, prior commitments regarding scheduling, etc. However unrealistic these thoughts are dlip would love to see more games pitting regions against each other. With Buff St and UDub doing it and SJF and UMU having done it dlip has an tiny bit of hope that someday we'll see more of this.

I would rather see more East vs. North than East vs. South. I say this due to the fact that when there is cross-regional playoff games in the first round, you usually see East vs. South (travel restrictions) with one team from the East going to 'you know who'. I would like to see top matchups like Union vs. Capital or Ithaca vs. Wheaton to prevent 'you know who' from invading. I'll even take Salisbury (traditionally south region) against Franklin. Nevertheless, it is good to see teams like Utica and SJF playing agianst teams like Lewis & Clark and Otterbein.

D3MAFAN

Congrats to Melikke Van Alstyne, Sr., Framingham St. on making 2nd team All-American.

7express

Quote from: ECoastFootball on December 06, 2012, 09:33:17 PM
      School                      (Conf Record)
1. The Malikke Van Alstine's (8-0)
2. Bridgewater State (7-1)
3. Mass Maritime (5-3)
   Westfield State (5-3)
   Worcester State (5-3)
6. West Conn (3-5)
7. Plymouth State (2-6)
8. UMass Dartmouth (1-7)
9. Fitchburg State (0-8)

Thoughts?

How bad are Plymouth, Dartmouth & Fitchburg when a team that has 1 win the last 3 years is picked in front of all those teams??

Pat Coleman

I think we all know the NJAC is a lot tougher conference than where these teams have played.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 26, 2013, 10:26:25 PM
I think we all know the NJAC is a lot tougher conference than where these teams have played.

Yes,

I agree with that, it would have been crazy (lack of a better word) for them to put them in the top three, but where they are and based on whom they played over the last couple years, having them in that position is expected. Any idea on when the MASCAC coaches poll comes out?

Pat Coleman

No, but I know when our Kickoff predictions come out -- noon tomorrow. :)
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2013/08/get-kickoff-2013

D3MAFAN

MMBucs

MASCAC Coaches Poll
2013 Season

1.    Framingham St      77 pts  - 7 first place votes
2.    Bridgewater St      73 pts  - 1 first place vote
3.    Mass Maritime        62 pts  - 1 first place vote
4.    Worcester St          46 pts
5.    Westfield St           45 pts
6.    West Conn St        37 pts
7.    Plymouth St           25 pts
tie8.Fitchburgh St         20 pts
tie8.Umass Dartmouth  20 pts

D3MAFAN

Quote from: MMBucs on August 27, 2013, 12:51:24 PM
MASCAC Coaches Poll
2013 Season

1.    Framingham St      77 pts  - 7 first place votes
2.    Bridgewater St      73 pts  - 1 first place vote
3.    Mass Maritime        62 pts  - 1 first place vote
4.    Worcester St          46 pts
5.    Westfield St           45 pts
6.    West Conn St        37 pts
7.    Plymouth St           25 pts
tie8.Fitchburgh St         20 pts
tie8.Umass Dartmouth  20 pts

Thanks for the post...

ECoastFootball

MASCAC WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

FRIDAY NIGHT - 9/6
Becker - 14
@FITCHBURG STATE - 21
- Fitch gets first of 3-4 possible wins this season.

MOUNT IDA - 28
@UMass Dartmouth - 17
- Mt Ida to tough for Mass-Dartmouth.

WESTFIELD STATE - 14
@Nichols College - 7
- Playing Nichols good for business following a 3 win 2012 campaign.

SATURDAY 9/7
Bridgewater State - 14
@SALVE REGINA - 17
- Framingham beat Salve last year, BSU is not Framingham.

WORCESTER STATE - 41
@Anna Maria College - 10
- Lancers roll.

FRAMINGHAM STATE - 28
@Endicott College - 14
- This group of seniors has never beaten Endicott. They're ready.

CASTLETON STATE COLLEGE - 28
@ Plymouth State - 10
As long as Castleton's 4-4 stops the running game, the Panthers will continue their streak of falling to ECFC foes. If the Panthers can run the ball, however, look for them to win in a lower scoring affair here (14-10).

Thoughts?

skratch29

I'm an ecfc fan but I think the Becker game can go either way and I would hope ida and castleton can win by at least one more td than that. But im Just excited for the season to start!